re -led

jag2

hi guys was thinking of upgrading my side lights& the orange marker lights next to indicator bulbs (but not them) on my xk to led s but some one told me its illegal in the uk. can any one shed any light on this  charlie :blink:

trevor yours are the new type with the day time running lights incorparated into the headlight unit, mines are a bit old fashioned with orange side bulbs ,so i just wanted to upgrade them a bit, also my fog lights are a bit dull,(notice you dont have any unless they are in the light unit.) my sidelight Bulb had conked out in one of my front units so decided to try and improve the look of the xk with new lights. whent down to halfords yesterday had a look and asked for a bit of help the young guy was very helpfull and pointed me in the way of these brighter bulbs, was going to go the full hog and get them upgraded to led s but think it would waste the look of the jag. so have bought brighter bulbs on eBay last nite that should fit in without any problem, also a lot cheeper than halfords even with the discount card i spent about 60-70quid i think as strong drink was taken last nite . not a good idea to combine drink and eBay as i have preiviosly found out lol. i started yesterday her lady ship went for her afternoon nap, i jacked up the jag put an axle stand under the front drivers side and removed the front wheel wer in the wheel arch is one of 3 bolts that you remove to take or loosen the light unit. that way you get accsess to the light unit compartments was at it for hours and ther she sits in back drive. will take photo once head clears better today bulbs wont arrive till later in the week. my mate who owns the garage phoned me last nite and i told him wat i had done he said why didnt i bring it to the garage, i told him i didnt want to bother him as he is already to kind to me, its going to be a bugger to get back in but will persist take photos later and try and post them on site, sorry about the long story folks but their it is regards charlie

Charlie,

Why not use the chap at the garage if he's willing to help, I'm sure it wouldn't cost too much , and it would free up some of your time so you could polish the Vauxhall .

I've never used eBay so can't comment . My XKR doesn't appear to have fog lights, but I plan to drive faster than the speed of light anyhow.

Managed to get the Sat nav disc done for Steve by the way .

ATB,

Trevor

trevor will persist with the light units myself and if cant get them back in without scratching body work then will get mate to help, my old dad wanted me to be a mechanic but i didnt listen weras mate has been operating for 30yrs and has more houses than wimpey. yes will be using the vauxhall for a few days but that is wat i bought it for a daily runner, wats the sat nav for !!! charlie

trevor bugger that im the shopping boy she gives me a list every day to go to the shops its better than pulling one of those things behind , but i do go into town for a walk as its only qurtermile away if its nice out.  heads a bit better now charlie

Charlie,

I go shopping once a week ( on my own), why do you need to go every day? 'er indoors doesn't have any input at all .

If she wants clothes, jewellery or other stuff I either get it on the internet for her, or drop her at the specific shops .

In all fairness, she has bought me the last six cars .

Glad the head is better, you should have been out with me at 5-30 this morning in the thunder with 'er dog, that would have cleared your head!

ATB,

Trevor

• 2 weeks later...

trevor no2 son got these on for me ,attached photos of new led side lights sorry i should have taken some at night but didnt also photo of HM wee merc, and photos of the f-type coupe taken at nec classic car show in birmingham last year it was parked next to me and spoke to the enginers who get to keep it to road test it .charlie

post-3861-0-70028800-1408374777_thumb.jp

post-3861-0-81401700-1408374787_thumb.jp

post-3861-0-03955900-1408374801_thumb.jp

post-3861-0-01228200-1408374817_thumb.jp

post-3861-0-89605900-1408374828_thumb.jp

post-3861-0-37582800-1408374839_thumb.jp

post-3861-0-34534300-1408374848_thumb.jp

post-3861-0-73271200-1408375792_thumb.jp

post-3861-0-53246800-1408375801_thumb.jp

post-3861-0-61902800-1408375809_thumb.jp

post-3861-0-82932000-1408375822_thumb.jp

Charlie,

Nice one, you should get the glass cover with the Jaguar etched into to round things off.

Still might get the F Type when the 5 litre R becomes more available, but not sure as I really like the XKR.

Looked at a Merc and can get one at reduced price as my friend works at the Nottingham stealership . Good cars, but zero charisma , but still better than a Vauxhall though ! 

ATB,

Trevor

post-4098-0-53303900-1408379420_thumb.jp

trevor the xk is a better looking car than the f-type. and the f-type is a bugger to get in and out of compared to the xk. yes i agree with you on the mercs. and should not have sold it to only later buy a vauxhall. to be honest if i was still working i would ither upgrade to a newer xkr just like yourself or a bently gt continental i would not buy the f-type. charlie

Charlie,

The Bentley would be to big for the roads round here, that's one of the reasons I got rid of the XJ Supersport .

Looked at the new Bentleys and I don't like them much, just tarted up VW's .

I do like the XKR as I said , which In will probably keep it, 'er indoors has now thankfully gone of Ferraris

ATB,

Trevor

i like the look of the bently trevor never sat in one but had a look at them . drove a ferrari  430 on my last birthday that the boys treated me to. the f-type seats are the same ie its like a go cart on the floor. to old for that now. charlie

Charlie,

Like the look of the old Bentleys, it's the new ones I'm not to fond of .

My XKR has performance seats in it and are very comfy especially on long journeys, and the car is very low, you're not too old Charlie , you would thoroughly enjoy it ,

Not that you can around these parts at the moment as it is crammed with holiday makers, and the road works don;t help

ABT,

Trevor

trevor if i could swap my jag for an older one i would at the drop of a hat. for two reasons. one they look mutch better. secondly the increase in value. so people if you have an old jag and you fancy an xk send me a message will consider any offers charlie

Charlie,

That is what the wife said about the XJ Supersport, fantastic car, but didn't look like a Jag , and in my opinion the same can be said for the XF .

I much prefer the shape of the S type like Peter has, and the X type out of the more recent models.

But saying that, I think the XK is a fab looking car , and arguably the best Jaguar produce .

ATB,

Trevor

The XK is a great car, but I preferred a saloon car, as we only have one car since we sold my wife's bright red Rag Top XR31 ten years ago.

We take the grandchildren out and need a 4/5 seater.

The S Type is a great looking car, very comfortable and roomy, can go like a sports car, as well as being like a very sedate saloon.

Peter.

peter i like the look of the s-type and looked inside one nice cars dont know how they stopped making them. and trevor the xk is the best looking car in my mind that Jaguar has ever produced. you find yourself staring at it. as every one else as well they are scarce on the ground up here. charlie

thanks trevor. went to east kilbride shopping centre with my wallet full. i am 57 today  HM went out earlier with her friend. so was going to treat myself to a few new shirts. was in a few stores & nothing caught my eye. again looking at watches, and again bought nothing. ive got a full wardrop wall to wall suits countless jackets some hand made. shoes boots still in boxes that i like, but i am a fussy old bugger if nothing catches my eye then i walk out. i used to like watches when i was a bit younger had some nice ones gold ect cost a few bob. gave them away to the boys they ware them kid on their toffs lol  so came home with nothing. will have a look on the computer later on see if i see something. just filled my self a small glass of you know what. the boys are coming toinight as are friends. so will have a good nite. time just flyes trevor hope you enjoy yours as well charlie