santas coming

jag2

its nearly that time off year again folks, love it or loath it, my old hen s clucking away about what to get for so&so at great expense . and if im lucky i will get the usual stinking aftershave (that i pour on the weeds) socks&hankies that i dont want. so what is santa bringing you. charlie :)

ebeneezer sorry mean trevor, its not me, its er indoors, shes driving me up the wall , i even caught her yesterday getting ready to go out with her friend&the purse full of dough. pulled her aside and had words. but was ignored. dont get me wrong i like christmas. i like having the family round for dinner ect but its all the hipe leading up to it, charlie

Charlie,

Same place as I got the picture of mine, although she had been on the drink !

Same here about Christmas, I'm ok once it is here, but as stated the wife does always get extremely ill at Christmas, it is a nightmare !

Also, albeit a few year back, my father and both his parents both died within six weeks of each other the same Christmas, so it is not really a happy time

post-4098-0-06132700-1416560152_thumb.jp

ATB,

Trevor

Charlie,

'er indoors likes Ferraris now, but explained to her we haven't the roads around here for them (or caravans) .

Don;t like the way the doors ope on the Lambos, or the McClaren .

Why wouldn't the divine Mrs Boyle get in a Lambo?

ATB,

Trevor

trevor, keep this one to yourself. but has blown up(huge size 20)  and shes only 5ft ,its the meds shes taking and also is retaining fluid.struggles to get in both the jag&the vauxhall. her knee s are twice the size off mine at least. poor thing. on days out she has a walker frame thing 4 wee wheels and a seat on it. and a wheel chair have also got a mobility scooter for her but she refuses to use it. so a lambo would be totally out the question. if she managed to get in one. i would have to get the fire brigade to cut her out of it lol. charlie

Charlie,

Medication is unfortunate like that, mine whines about getting into the Jag (hence her wanting a Merc), I just tell mine to lose a bit and it would be easier.

Talking about the fire brigade, mine set fire to the loft once when I was up the shops , she phoned 999 and asked them to send "One of those big red lorries with the ladders down the side" ( i promise you that is true ).

Looking on the bright side it is 'er birthday Christmas eve , bless 'er (I'd like to at times)

Get the Lambo for yourself , and let the divine Mrs Boyle use the Vauxhall .

ATB,

Trevor

trevor just back from the shops again. oppend up the laptop 2messages 1 from the owners club 2nd from mercades saying. AN OPPORTUNITY HAS ARRIVED  their selling off their used stock. and yes you have your hands full the same as me. but there none off us spring chickens any more. father time has seen to that. but saying that i would not be with out her. and i am sure you feel the same about your lady wife to. any way its friday you know what that means cracker jack. lol charlie

Charlie and Trevor

Just been reading your messages I haven't chuckled like this with amusing banter this week, thanks

When I was a child back in the 70's it's Friday 5 to 5 and its Cracker jack good memories

Are either of you on the Brighton trip in December, if so look forward to seeing you

Andrew

Andrew,

Sorry about the banter we do get a bit carried away at times , the banter would be even better if Charlie had his way over the referendum as he'd now be foreign

Would love to go to Brighton as it is one of my favorite places , unfortunately it is a terrible drive from Ilfracombe, even in the Jaaaag, and I would have to see the wife's kids .

Had the most fantastic week, not bothered to argue with Jaguar or their stealerships , but saw some really good music at our blues /rock festival.

The musicians were well impressed with the XKR .

ATB,

Trevor

Brighton is  a terrible drive from here too Trevor, unfortunately, as I have had quite a few great weeks there.

Glad you enjoyed the blues  --  i love live music, but don't get enough of it up here, as the admission prices at the NIA and the NEC  where all the big stuff is played are quite exorbitant.  The prices for Bette Midler next June/July start a £56 to sit about 150 yards away and watch with binoculars to £110  for the best seats.  It was only £45 for Johnny Mathis in pretty decent seats.

I used to play First Oboe in a pretty good orchestra for buttons, and a few of us used to have a few jazz sessions now and then which was most enjoyable.

I am glad that musicians get a better deal now   ---  they have to work very hard to keep in form.

Regards,

Peter.

Peter,

Live music is my favorite thing, at the two recent festivals i've been to, classical, and the rock and blues one I have met some really nice people ans seen some excellent music .

Also saw Joan Armatrading last week.

People seemed to enjoy our festival a great deal and we even made a small profit (after a lot of very hard work).

If you did that facebook thing I could give you a link to the photos and comments .

ATB,

Trevor

andrew. glad you like the banter, yes this is a friendly site &you can make friends here very easy as i have done with trevor&peter. as well as other members to, its all light hearted stuff, peters the headmaster he keeps a close eye on us boys lol.

sorry andrew forgot to add. brighton is a full days drive for me as i am up in the central belt off scotland not far from glasgow. if it had been in the summer might have made a weekend off it for me and the wife. regards charlie

Usual presses like yourselves chaps smelly's which I am told smell lovely but then they all know following a serious accident 15 years ago which amongst other injuries fractured my skull and left me with no sense of smell they can bluff me all they want.

Get the 25, 26 and 27th over with (who wants to watch the Great Escape again for the upteenth time) and off to Costa Del Sol (Benalmedina) thats my Christmas a few shandy's in a pavement bar lunchtime with the sun on us at 23 deg