Understanding the XF family

Chobbit

I currently have an Alfa Romeo Giulietta 3 years old and although I love it to bits and haven't had a problem in all that time, I'm looking at my next step up with plans for a family coming in the next 12 months. The only cars that have excited me are the new Alfa Romeo Giulia and the Jaguar XF, sadly the Giulia won't be till later next year and out of my budget as I'll be looking for a second hand car and there won't be any.

So I'm more than happy to enjoy an XF and I've loved the look at this car before I got my Giulietta, however I don't know if this is controversial but I actually don't like the look of the facelift XE/XF :( I just don't think it looks as good as the looks it replaced (too aggressive and 5 series like for me). I know the engines will be better and cheaper to run but it has to look special to me so the older version is for me 2009-2015.

That leads me here, I don't know the versions of the XF, engines and trims you can get. Is there information on understanding all the variations of this beautiful car and any advice?

I've looked at a 3.0d S Portfolio and it looks like a beautiful car and performance but I don't know how that fits into the family. I also have a Spider Performance Tuning box in my current car which will be coming with me to the XF, it's amazing now and I can't wait too see what it's like in the XF  :D If I got a 3.0 275bhp version and added the tuning box it would nock it up to roughly 360bhp/780nm :o

Thanks

The 3.0 S Portfolio is the nicest one you can get and the quickest one you can get, short of an R (or R-S). 

I had a Giulietta Cloverleaf on a 2011 plate from new and it fell to bits many times (had 2 gearboxes, a tailgate, a new front light unit, a new rear brake caliper, sat nav screwed itself several times...)

But on that I had a filter, map, and Ragazon exhaust. It's actually the car they used to record the audio for Grid 2 (if anyone's into gaming). Driving it up and down an airstrip to have it recorded was a good laugh. Only thing I didn't like was the lack of bass so I put a pioneer sub in the spare wheel well and raised the boot floor slightly. It's my favourite car to date. I can't see that changing unless I manage to get hold of a Guilia QV at some point but they'll be like rocking horse poo.

Since then I've had an Insignia VXR, A6 S line and a range rover sport. 

I've now got a 64 plate XF S portfolio with black pack and most options on it (aluminium pedals, interior lighting upgrade, optional black wheels, etc). Found it 1 owner at 10 months old, 5500 miles on it, £33,000. That was end of September. So far, loving it. But having had two sluggish cars (by comparison to this the GQV, and the VXR), I feel it might loose me my license! But i'll go out with a smile on my face. 

It's also about as new as you can get without it being a facelift to the XE style. Jury is out on that. I had an XE for a minor warranty job on drivers door lock last week, and it was ok, it drove really well, did 60 something to the gallon, driven mainly on motorway. But that was the 2l diesel. And it felt cheap by comparison but it's probably because i'm used to the portfolio now, which is as much luxury as you can get in a car without going to Bentley.

Here's the link to mine: 

https://www.facebook.com/michael.sanderson.921/media_set?set=a.822238034563905.1073741839.100003331488784&type=3

Mic

Just spotted we've got the same forename, this is getting weird.

It is curious, Michael, but I have also to my certain knowledge 6 people from the same town as me with the forename and surname, with only two related.

Peter.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Join The Club

Join the Jaguar Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

• Topics

• Our picks

• Simply Jaguar show at Beaulieu - Sunday 23rd June 2024
      Jaguar Owners Club have a stand at this year's Simply Jaguar event at the National Motor Museum at Beaulieu, Hampshire on Sunday 23rd June 2024

Tickets are available online here: https://www.beaulieu.co.uk/events/simply-jaguar/
      • 1 reply
    • JAGUAR’S LAST PETROL SPORTS CAR: F-TYPE ZP EDITION TAKES THE CHEQUERED FLAG
      Jaguar is commemorating the end of its internal combustion sports car lineage in 2024 with an exclusive limited-edition F-TYPE inspired by two iconic 1960s racing E-types

Just 150 examples of the F-TYPE ZP Edition will be the last internal combustion-engined sports cars designed by Jaguar. These 575PS supercharged petrol V8 F-TYPEs feature specially curated interior and exterior details by the personalisation experts at SV Bespoke.
    • UPDATE SHOW INFORMATION !

Please find attached your club label – please can this be distributed amongst your club members prior to the event. Please ensure that they print this label and display it in their windscreen upon entry to the event, this ensures that all members wishing to park within your club area are directed to the correct parking location by our stewards. Please do not modify or add logos to the club label.

We do ask that all individuals have purchased their tickets on an individual basis in advance via our website, to speed up the entry process on the day. This can be done on our website here until 2pm on the day when admission closes: https://www.beaulieu.co.uk/events/simply-jaguar.

Note that we do have two entrances available, one is exhibitors gate at the bottom of the hill as you come in to Beaulieu, with the other being the normal Simply event entrance within the attraction. Either entrance is fine to use and both are open from 9.00am, with the exhibitors entrance closing around 11am.

Jaguar Owners Club (1).pdf
    • Simply Jaguar - Beaulieu Motor Museum - 25th June 2023
      Jaguar Owners Club have a stand at this years Simply Jaguar event at the National Motor Museum at Beaulieu, Hampshire on Sunday 26th June 2023

Tickets are available online here: https://www.beaulieu.co.uk/events/simply-jaguar/

TICKETS & PRICES
      Participant prices are only valid if arriving in a Jaguar and taking part in the rally. They are not valid for those arriving on foot.

Participants can make the most of our EARLY BIRD discount by booking before 28th February 2023.

Children under 5 require a ticket, this can be booked online free of charge.

Participant and visitor tickets will include entrance to the rest of the Beaulieu attraction, including the National Motor Museum, Palace House, Little Beaulieu, World of Top Gear, Beaulieu Abbey and its grounds and gardens.

The best time for viewing the Simply rally is between 10am and 2pm.

Adult

Child

Participants – Early Bird*

£14.00

£7.50

Participants – Standard & On The Day

£16.00

£8.00

Visitors

Normal admission applies.

Normal admission applies

*Early bird tickets are available until 28th February 2023

VEHICLE ENTRY
      Entry with your Jaguar is from 9am – 2pm. Please make sure you have your ticket printed or available on your phone, ready to be scanned on arrival.

Please do not arrive early for our Simply rallies as no facilities will be open prior to 9:30am.

Cars cannot leave and re-enter the grounds for the Simply rallies.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

CLUB STAND ATTENDEE LIST

We do ask for a final update on numbers 2 weeks prior to the event following which we will send out club labels to you via email for you to then distribute out to club members. Club members then need to print and display these in their windscreen on arrival. This helps us then park you all in your club area together.

1. Trevor (admin)
      2.  Paj

• 5 replies
    • F-TYPE marks 75 years of Jaguar sports cars and its final model year update
      The Jaguar F-TYPE is the definitive Jaguar sports car from a rich bloodline spanning 75 years and including some of the most iconic models ever built

Forums

News

Membership