3.0 Diesel, opinions on chipexpress needed

The-J

Greetings everyone,

I have a 3.0L executive edition (the one with 211hp) and I am interested in the engine upgrade from Chipexpress (this one: http://www.chipexpress.com/products/2790/)

It seems promising, it gives my version the same power the Diesel S gets delivered with. My research tells me that the engines are identical for all three power versions and the only difference is the software, is that correct?

next thing does anyone have experience with this exact upgrade?

are there any problems asociated with it?

can you install it without my dealer ever knowing (warranty seals?)?

Any information would be greatly appreciated

cheers

Hi Paul

I've had it off a reliable source that at best you looking at 30bhp tops,which still leaves you well short of the 275bhp that the s has.

Another thing to consider is my car is fitted with 20" alloys to cope with the larger braking system,I'am almost certain the the discs/ callerpers/pads etc are larger, I would also research gearbox.

Regards Dave

thanks for your reply

thats interesting you say that, obviousy the numbers are optimistic but that much I didnt expect.

What do you mean with bigger breaks? I wasnt going to change those, I was only looking at the chip.

The S might have been fited with bigger disks as standard and the gearbox maybe slight software enhancements but Im pretty sure there is no difference otherwise

Hi Paul

If your going to try and give your car the performance of the S you need the stopping power to go with it.

The S proper pops along when you need it to and you need to stop just as well, I believe other things on the car are also beefed up to handle the extra power including the turbos.

Regards Dave

• 5 weeks later...

Hi Paul That model 30D is not a very common xf most were sold as company cars for junior executives.

£395 for a tuning box is a rip-off price! For something which will just change the fuelling as the parameters inside the ECU will still be factory standard and will probably end up messing the particle filters.

Best have the ECU remapped by someone like Quantum Tuning  who will remove the ECU and open the box and rewrite a map and change parameters to suite your requirement? There agents will do at you home address by removing your ECU and send the factory map to there HQ and a safe tuning remap is sent by return and installed. For less cost than a tuning?Box.  

• 1 month later...
On 18 January 2016 at 2:11 PM, Old_Growler said:

Hi Paul That model 30D is not a very common xf most were sold as company cars for junior executives.

£395 for a tuning box is a rip-off price! For something which will just change the fuelling as the parameters inside the ECU will still be factory standard and will probably end up messing the particle filters.

Best have the ECU remapped by someone like Quantum Tuning  who will remove the ECU and open the box and rewrite a map and change parameters to suite your requirement? There agents will do at you home address by removing your ECU and send the factory map to there HQ and a safe tuning remap is sent by return and installed. For less cost than a tuning?Box.  

I had no idea that the fueling is all it changes. I thought something along the lines of the box essentially being the ecu or overpowering the ecu :D

So it could mess up the particle filters, any other problems it could cause?

these types of tuning for diesels is super common, if it could potentially be quite bad for the car then surely there would be lots of reports saying dont use them right?

On 19 January 2016 at 1:30 AM, GourmetSaint said:

I just connected a chipmydiesel remapping box to my S Portfolio. First week my avg fuel consumption dropped from 8.1 l/100km to 7.2. Not bad considering the extra torque and power I now have too.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Thats pretty impressive! I wouldnt mind having less fuel consumption with increased power and torque. :)

ps, totally forgot about the thread :D

12 hours ago, JimC64 said:

For my money, go remap all the way rather than these tuning boxes that just simply overfuel as has been stated.

A good quality remap would usually offer in the region of 25% increase taking you from 211bhp to around 264bhp, but it's the extra torques that you'll really notice.

Mine went from 204bhp to 246bhp and really made a noticeable difference, when driven normally ( hard to do as the extra power is addictive ) you can get in the range of 10% - 15% better fuel economy

These are the figures on mine..Went for the red map + just done a late night around trip of 180mile at 70mph on cruise control to Stansted and returned 46mpg.

001.JPG

002.JPG

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Join The Club

Join the Jaguar Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

• Topics

• Our picks

• Simply Jaguar show at Beaulieu - Sunday 23rd June 2024
      Jaguar Owners Club have a stand at this year's Simply Jaguar event at the National Motor Museum at Beaulieu, Hampshire on Sunday 23rd June 2024

Tickets are available online here: https://www.beaulieu.co.uk/events/simply-jaguar/
      • 1 reply
    • JAGUAR’S LAST PETROL SPORTS CAR: F-TYPE ZP EDITION TAKES THE CHEQUERED FLAG
      Jaguar is commemorating the end of its internal combustion sports car lineage in 2024 with an exclusive limited-edition F-TYPE inspired by two iconic 1960s racing E-types

Just 150 examples of the F-TYPE ZP Edition will be the last internal combustion-engined sports cars designed by Jaguar. These 575PS supercharged petrol V8 F-TYPEs feature specially curated interior and exterior details by the personalisation experts at SV Bespoke.
    • UPDATE SHOW INFORMATION !

Please find attached your club label – please can this be distributed amongst your club members prior to the event. Please ensure that they print this label and display it in their windscreen upon entry to the event, this ensures that all members wishing to park within your club area are directed to the correct parking location by our stewards. Please do not modify or add logos to the club label.

We do ask that all individuals have purchased their tickets on an individual basis in advance via our website, to speed up the entry process on the day. This can be done on our website here until 2pm on the day when admission closes: https://www.beaulieu.co.uk/events/simply-jaguar.

Note that we do have two entrances available, one is exhibitors gate at the bottom of the hill as you come in to Beaulieu, with the other being the normal Simply event entrance within the attraction. Either entrance is fine to use and both are open from 9.00am, with the exhibitors entrance closing around 11am.

Jaguar Owners Club (1).pdf
    • Simply Jaguar - Beaulieu Motor Museum - 25th June 2023
      Jaguar Owners Club have a stand at this years Simply Jaguar event at the National Motor Museum at Beaulieu, Hampshire on Sunday 26th June 2023

Tickets are available online here: https://www.beaulieu.co.uk/events/simply-jaguar/

TICKETS & PRICES
      Participant prices are only valid if arriving in a Jaguar and taking part in the rally. They are not valid for those arriving on foot.

Participants can make the most of our EARLY BIRD discount by booking before 28th February 2023.

Children under 5 require a ticket, this can be booked online free of charge.

Participant and visitor tickets will include entrance to the rest of the Beaulieu attraction, including the National Motor Museum, Palace House, Little Beaulieu, World of Top Gear, Beaulieu Abbey and its grounds and gardens.

The best time for viewing the Simply rally is between 10am and 2pm.

Adult

Child

Participants – Early Bird*

£14.00

£7.50

Participants – Standard & On The Day

£16.00

£8.00

Visitors

Normal admission applies.

Normal admission applies

*Early bird tickets are available until 28th February 2023

VEHICLE ENTRY
      Entry with your Jaguar is from 9am – 2pm. Please make sure you have your ticket printed or available on your phone, ready to be scanned on arrival.

Please do not arrive early for our Simply rallies as no facilities will be open prior to 9:30am.

Cars cannot leave and re-enter the grounds for the Simply rallies.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

CLUB STAND ATTENDEE LIST

We do ask for a final update on numbers 2 weeks prior to the event following which we will send out club labels to you via email for you to then distribute out to club members. Club members then need to print and display these in their windscreen on arrival. This helps us then park you all in your club area together.

1. Trevor (admin)
      2.  Paj

• 5 replies
    • F-TYPE marks 75 years of Jaguar sports cars and its final model year update
      The Jaguar F-TYPE is the definitive Jaguar sports car from a rich bloodline spanning 75 years and including some of the most iconic models ever built

Forums

News

Membership