Intercooler problem - Jaguar XF Portfolio S

ron clark

Dear all,

I purchased a second hand Portfolio S this April.  It has just reached 35,00 miles.  Suddenly I had a reduction in power.  Went to Carrs Truro, the local Jaguar dealership.  Fault diagnosed as a split hose.  Contacted AA Warranty Services to be told that hoses were not covered.  Hose priced over £260.  Questioned whether a hose could cost that much but was told it was the correct price.  Went to local independent garage to get second opinion but garage could not find any split hose.  The garage then discovered that the seam to the inter-cooler was split.  Contacted AA Warranty chap who examined Jag, confirmed inter-cooler was split, not the hose and it has now been confirmed that this is covered by the warranty.  Part purchased from another Jag dealership.  Funny enough the inter-cooler was in stock and did bot have to be ordered.  I am not happy with the way this problem had been diagnosed by the dealership.  £46 odd had almost cost me a further £500 if I had agreed for them to repair the car there and then.  Carrs Jaguar have asked for a Customer Service survey.  Please find the below response.  I have taken out my phone number.  I subsequently spoke to Jaguar direct who stated they were not aware of any fault, although by this time I was aware that the inter-cooler initially installed in my Jag had been modified.

"Fault diagnosed incorrectly.  I believe Jaguar are hiding the fact that the inter-cooler has a fault on its seam.  Paid £45 odd but then went to an independent garage who confirmed it was the inter-cooler and not a split hose.  As a consequence of this, the defect is covered by my warranty, which, if was a split hose would not be covered.  It is evident this is a common failure.  After all, Roger Young has the inter-cooler on the shelf and didn't have to be ordered.  I took this up with Jaguar themselves who will not admit they have a problem with the part in question.  However, when looking at the Jaguar Owners Forum, numerous complaints of this particular seam splitting.  It is not deemed to be worthy of a product recall as it is not a danger.  However,overtaking and the seam splitting, thus creating a loss of power would be a dangerous set of circumstances.  The lack of transparency and integrity conducted by your garage in respect of this matter dictates that (a) I will not use your garage again as I cannot trust you (b) In 2 years time when I retire and I purchase a new luxury it will be either Mercedes or Audi.   
To give the customer the kind of service I would expect from a Lada or Daewoo dealership I find totally unacceptable.  Perhaps you would like to ring me on ***************** to discuss this matter as you appear to be very keen to canvass me on my opinions.  Ron Clark"

I am grateful that the forum identified this problem or potentially I would not have taken the matter further and discovered a certain amount of deceit. 

Ron Clark

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Join The Club

Join the Jaguar Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

• Topics

• Our picks

• Simply Jaguar show at Beaulieu - Sunday 23rd June 2024
      Jaguar Owners Club have a stand at this year's Simply Jaguar event at the National Motor Museum at Beaulieu, Hampshire on Sunday 23rd June 2024

Tickets are available online here: https://www.beaulieu.co.uk/events/simply-jaguar/
      • 1 reply
    • JAGUAR’S LAST PETROL SPORTS CAR: F-TYPE ZP EDITION TAKES THE CHEQUERED FLAG
      Jaguar is commemorating the end of its internal combustion sports car lineage in 2024 with an exclusive limited-edition F-TYPE inspired by two iconic 1960s racing E-types

Just 150 examples of the F-TYPE ZP Edition will be the last internal combustion-engined sports cars designed by Jaguar. These 575PS supercharged petrol V8 F-TYPEs feature specially curated interior and exterior details by the personalisation experts at SV Bespoke.
    • UPDATE SHOW INFORMATION !

Please find attached your club label – please can this be distributed amongst your club members prior to the event. Please ensure that they print this label and display it in their windscreen upon entry to the event, this ensures that all members wishing to park within your club area are directed to the correct parking location by our stewards. Please do not modify or add logos to the club label.

We do ask that all individuals have purchased their tickets on an individual basis in advance via our website, to speed up the entry process on the day. This can be done on our website here until 2pm on the day when admission closes: https://www.beaulieu.co.uk/events/simply-jaguar.

Note that we do have two entrances available, one is exhibitors gate at the bottom of the hill as you come in to Beaulieu, with the other being the normal Simply event entrance within the attraction. Either entrance is fine to use and both are open from 9.00am, with the exhibitors entrance closing around 11am.

Jaguar Owners Club (1).pdf
    • Simply Jaguar - Beaulieu Motor Museum - 25th June 2023
      Jaguar Owners Club have a stand at this years Simply Jaguar event at the National Motor Museum at Beaulieu, Hampshire on Sunday 26th June 2023

Tickets are available online here: https://www.beaulieu.co.uk/events/simply-jaguar/

TICKETS & PRICES
      Participant prices are only valid if arriving in a Jaguar and taking part in the rally. They are not valid for those arriving on foot.

Participants can make the most of our EARLY BIRD discount by booking before 28th February 2023.

Children under 5 require a ticket, this can be booked online free of charge.

Participant and visitor tickets will include entrance to the rest of the Beaulieu attraction, including the National Motor Museum, Palace House, Little Beaulieu, World of Top Gear, Beaulieu Abbey and its grounds and gardens.

The best time for viewing the Simply rally is between 10am and 2pm.

Adult

Child

Participants – Early Bird*

£14.00

£7.50

Participants – Standard & On The Day

£16.00

£8.00

Visitors

Normal admission applies.

Normal admission applies

*Early bird tickets are available until 28th February 2023

VEHICLE ENTRY
      Entry with your Jaguar is from 9am – 2pm. Please make sure you have your ticket printed or available on your phone, ready to be scanned on arrival.

Please do not arrive early for our Simply rallies as no facilities will be open prior to 9:30am.

Cars cannot leave and re-enter the grounds for the Simply rallies.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

CLUB STAND ATTENDEE LIST

We do ask for a final update on numbers 2 weeks prior to the event following which we will send out club labels to you via email for you to then distribute out to club members. Club members then need to print and display these in their windscreen on arrival. This helps us then park you all in your club area together.

1. Trevor (admin)
      2.  Paj

• 5 replies
    • F-TYPE marks 75 years of Jaguar sports cars and its final model year update
      The Jaguar F-TYPE is the definitive Jaguar sports car from a rich bloodline spanning 75 years and including some of the most iconic models ever built

Forums

News

Membership