• Over 3000 Jaguar vehicles for sale
      Over 3000 Jaguar vehicles for sale
    • Join Premium And Save!
      Join Premium And Save!
    • Share Your Experience
      Share Your Experience
    • Club T-Shirts and Merchandise
      Club T-Shirts and Merchandise
    • Save up to 15% off your Jaguar insurance!
      Save up to 15% off your Jaguar insurance!

AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

actros

S Type Air Con

Recently changed the heater control valve (apparently, these are notorious for causing air con problems) and had my air con re-charged but still not throwing out cold air.

The passenger side dash vents throws out "cool" air but driver's side is blowing hot.

Any ideas would be welcome.

Thanks guys

Martyn

Hi

If your getting hot from the drivers side, dccv valve for that side must be open

if you unplug the two valves on the dccv and then it goes cold, the control unit might have failed, these usually fail when the dccv gets soaked in water or the wiring has been shorted

I try unplugging the 2 solenoids first on the dccv , if it goes cold , you know there something holding it on

if you can swap the connectors on the solenoids on dccv , then the fault should swap, drivers side should go cold and passenger side gets hot, then you know the dccv is ok and its most probably the control unit

it may be worth plugging in with jaguar software as it would tell you where the fault is

cheers

Joe

Nice one Joe.

The DVD has just been changed for a brand new one. The wiring and connectors appear in good condition which is why I was somewhat confused.

I'll try your suggestion this weekend.

Thanks 

Martyn