re-fuses

jag2

hi all. after good advice on here . last nite decided to remove fuse 19 located in the cover between the rear seats . which came off easily wee set of plyers removed fuse 19 which is said to hold the valves in the xk or xkr open for a better growl.sounds a bit better but hard to tell with-out taking her for a run as i had got a small adjustment made to the exhaust prior to this. but will take her (the jag that is not the wife lol) for a wee run this morning see how she performs. also i removed fuse 4 in the same compartment to stop the old style ariel going up. it works  and the cd works ok havnt tryed the radio yet though will try when im out and let you all know regards charlie

thanks trevor. well took the car out for a run on motor-way  gave it a blast on both lanes. in my opinion the removal of fuse 19 is that i couldnt hear any difference but my hearing is not the best so i am going to put the fuse back in. but i am happy that fuse 4s removal works the radio works and sounds fine. regards charlie :P

Charlie,

Stop poncing about and get an XKR with active exhaust , put it in Dynamic mode and you will hear the difference then, Peter did and he lives 200 miles away!

Or try something like this:

http://www.spires-st.com/index.php/spires-shop/spires-jaguar-products/xk-r/xkr-sportsexhaust

ATB,

Trevor

would love to trevor  but it would put a dent in our pension and HM is dead against dept . mine sounds a lot better since i got the wee mod to it. ok its not as good as the spires but i can live with that. well its sat night and its  beautiful outside up here in haggis land so i am going out to sit and drink beer and russian water in the garden HM is having a nap so i will get peace for a while . regards charlie :D

Charlie,

Daughter and her hubby have just turned up from fatland, they're over for Glastonbury and they want to go to Damien Hirst's restaurant , so I'll take them and the wife. I won't eat myself as I never get hungry,and food is for whooses anyhow, and since the heart attack I'm on a low fat, low salt, low sugar diet, so I build all my own food . i was going to see a band, but never mind .

What is Russian water please ? I have a reverse osmosis unit for the marine fish, that turns out pucker water .

ATB,

Trevor

haha trevor your an absolute gent go out with your family and enjoy the meal and the nite. we are all here hope fully once . so they say. you got a fright who wouldnt have had with the heart attck. and you have changed your lifestyle. i also got a fright but early in my life .  i bit my tounge when eating a steak and it developed into cancer . i had mamarried young and had 2 sons got divorced and remarried again before i was 30. HM could never have children she would have made a great mum. but she was very good to the boys and still is. their mother died with ms in feb this year. very sad. what i have took out of my life is we are here to live our lives to the full wich ive not done ther are loads still to do. i smoke 20-30 a day drink 3times a week or more iam over weight but i am happy. i will be 57 this aug. ive lived 28yrs after having cancer. worked hard built a business sold it .got my sports car . and 30 years next week married my lovely lady whom i love . we cant live forever trevor so go out with your family and enjoy your self old son we are a long time dead. life is for living. ps russian water is vodka drink plenty 

Chartlie,

Don't drink or smoke since the heart attack, but they all enjoyed themselves at Damien Hirst's restaurant whilst i had a few orange juices and didn't bother eating .

My American son in law loved the XKR and said it was the best car he'd ever seen, took him for a quick spin and he thought it was fab . He used to ski for America until he got cancer of the plums .

Will go and see some music tonight instead.

ATB,

Trevor

Peter,

Glastonbury is muddy every year, taking the kids to buy some wellies today. Can't understand why they want to go, and come all the way From San Francisco. Used to go years ago when it was free and wasn't the trendy thing to do .

It is far too crowded these days, and people just go to say they've been to Glastonbury, it is the biggest gathering of iPhone users in the world.

We have a far better festival in Devon called "Beautiful Days", but getting soaked isn't my scene anymore .

ATB,

Trevor

hi guys i get a monthly jag mag and in it a company called xkz exhaust systems have brought out a new stainless 304 spec.for the xk & xkr 2006-2009 the aim is to produce a more sporty exhaust note similar to the aston martin  with improved throttle response & a small increase in bhp ther are 2 designs to choose from £285-355. good eh. get the kids to buy me for birthday

Charlie,

Why would you want it to sound like the overpriced, overhyped, overated useless Aston Martin ?

A friend of mine buys and sells cars as a secondary business, he has had every make apart from a Jag until last week end . He got a XJ Portfolio, devil's fuel version and said it is the best car he has ever had, and can now understand why I raved about them so much .

So don't ever be envious of Aston Martins, they are unreliable junk, the Jaaaaags are ten times better.

ATB,

Trevor

Charlie,

That sounds like a brill birthday pressie, I will officially be a pensioner in a few weeks, I already have a corn, and have got a tin of those travel sweets for the car .

But I will just use it as an excuse for more live music and and fast driving !

ATB,

Trevor

Hi Trevor,

When you are a pensioner officially you are also entitled to be obnoxious when confronted with idiots, too.

You will officially be allowed to take you time over decisions.  I had a letter from the DWP telling me I was getting a 25p a week increase in my pension, which will be 20p after tax, and I still have not decided how to spend it.

Regards,

Peter.

Peter,

I give idiots short shrift now, and don't stand any nonsense . Also cannot stand bad service, that is why I'm banned from Marks and Spencers, PC World, and Hinds the jewellers , just for pointing out they sold rubbish .

Don't know about pensions, presume i'll get one, but don't know how much

ATB,

Trevor

i know trevor. dont want an aston. just want it to sound good, but it sounds good already with the wee adaption i had done to the exhaust . so im going to think about it .no point in wasting money. ps ive got the sweets as well lol charlie

Charlie,

Some peeps seem to like noise, not that bothered myself, although mine does turn a few heads if I burble through town in Dynamic Mode with the active exhaust, if that is what you like it sounds better than any Aston I promise you .

I would bring it up to show you, but that would mean crossing the Thames!

This car is exactly like mine except mine has Ivory interior .

http://www.mycarcoach.co.uk/news/road-test-review-jaguar-xkr-by-nick-johnson/

ATB,

Trevor

peter, 25p a week rise wow the price of fuel is going up. ther blaming trouble in middle east again. my old grandad used to have a still. made his own whisky . i think you are allowed to make your own. provided its for own use. we could all convert our jags to run on it haha

good article trevor another garage owner in my town had bought a vantage a while ago. ran into him at local morrisons he said to me thats the poor mans aston you have (big smile on his face). met him yesterday same place, wers the aston i said. sold it he said. so- unreliable. kept breaking down. main dealer wanted 3grand to service it . no big smile no then i said. head down muttering as he walked away haha

local  morrisons put a penny on thers yesterday trevor , im only driving it once or twice a week. use the other car daily its a devils fuel run. scottish Jaguar day this sunday thinking of going regards charlie