New boy XKR

Hi everyone, just tipping my hat to existing members.

Picked up my 2000 XKR a few weeks ago and, well, it's been fun! Having waited over a decade (long story) to eventually own one it's one of those "dream come true" moments which I will always remember.

The good weather here in the UK has helped, and I've had the roof down at every opportunity, but I'm not sure I will ever get bored of the sound and feel of this car. Hey, I still smile each morning whenever I see the R on the driveway! Hopefully, you lot get that one!

Anyway, good to be part of the forum as I have a few questions I will throw out there in the coming weeks and months.

All the best

Growler1066

post-5268-0-64902700-1404483020_thumb.jppost-5268-0-64902700-1404483020_thumb.jp

Chis,

Welcome (another southerner, we are growing in power!)

Got my XKR about a month ago, I agree they are fab, and don't let anyone tell you it's the poor mans' Aston Martin, it isn't, ive had two DB9's, and the XKR is far superior in every way.

My XKR.

http://www.jaguarownersclub.com/forums/gallery/album/129-jaguar-xkr-2012/

Will be down Brighton way in August as the wife's boy is getting married (poor bloke!)

ATB,

Trevor

Welcome to the Club, Chris.

My S type feels a bit out of date and slow compared with all the XKR's about.

But, I don't mind southerners  ---  you make good use of all the things we make up here.

Regards,

Peter

Lancastrian in exile.

Peter,

Your S type is fine. love the look of them . What do they make up north? most of the northerners live in Devon .

The XKR is fine, it's me that's out of date and slow .

Been alive 23559 days now, the first 14 were spent in Liverpool because my mum didn't want me to be born Welsh, refuse to be scouse though !

ATB,

Trevor

P.S., Next time you're down in civilisation ( I don't mean Devon obviously) you can have a drive of the XKR

Trevor,

They once asked a lad from Brummagem what did they make there.

His reply was "What do you want making?"

They make the best  cars in the world jus 6 miles from where I live. They are Jaguars.  They also made the Spitfire there, too.

If the Aston Martin and BMWs were made in Brummagem, they would have been better cars.

Peter. 

chris seen loads of xkr at scottish Jaguar day last weekend same color as yours nice car, like the new blue color that trevor has, seen one of them as well it was my first Jaguar show and i liked it. i do much prefer the older cars seen a few crackers they were like brand new cars inside&out. even sat inside the new f-type . good morning out. charlie

Peter,

The XJ's are going to be made in India, the Aston Martins are made just up the road from there at Gaydon, but only cremation would improve them. The BMW's aren't too bad, but not as good as the Jag .

But at least Led Zep came from up that way !.

Thought about the F type, but the 5 litre ones were brand new , all they had really were the ones with the dinky toy engines at a reasonable price, also I thought they were too small inside, and I preferred the look of the XKR , so got that.

Might have another look next year when you can buy the F type R at a low mileage.

ATB,

Trevor

P,S, Peter, 97,76% of brummies live in Ilfracombe, a brummie train driver has a holiday home opposite me, he seems a good lad, but I have to get him to write everything down as he doesn't speak English

ATB,

Trevor

trevor the f-type that i had a seat in last sunday wasnt as easy as the xk to get in and out of. seating is much lower on the floor much like the ferrari  like a go cart. it had loads of scuff marks on the door from other peoples feet getting out of it. dont know if i could put up with that. charlie

Hi gents,

Good to know the North/South divide is alive and well, and prospering.

I do admit to being a proud South Londoner (I know people from the North, London that is...) and, by default, a proud Southerner.

I had no idea of the Midlands exodus to the South, although I would imagine the lack of employment down there would make people book return tickets, just in case.

Well, I'm in "spend mode" on the car right now, having invested over a grand with Harewoods, my local Jag dealership just outside Gatwick. Passenger seat didn't move, so a new module under that, drivers side windows and mirror control panel too, plus a few extra bits and pieces. Oh, well. I like to think its all worth it. But they came up with something I didn't expect; their tech guy said I couldn't replace my old three-piece grill with a single grill and drop the number-plate, which I find a bit odd, especially as Jaguar offer the service on their main website!

Anyone got a similar experience?

Chris

Trevor,

They are only going to make the XJ in India to service that end of the world rather than ship them out from Caste Bromwich  ---  they are still producing them there.

Several hundred acres has been acquired inCastle Bromwich and Castle vale to make more Jaguars, the new smaller one with engines from Wolverhampton, and the F Type and other new performance cars will also be made on a dedicated site.

Additionally a company in Birmingham  [in which I was somewhat involved] which make the parts for many cars, has increased its workforce from 180 to 400 over the last two years, and has just got new contracts for parts for the car companies in the Far east and South America.

Brummagem is still the British Motown.

Regards,

Peter.

Peter,

One thing I will give you northerners credit for is a good sense of humour (apart from john Bishop and Peter Kay):

Yorkshire unveils a grand welcome for the Tour De France cyclists

france_zps10e66d98.jpg

ATB,

Trevor