Jag Newbie saying Hello

Geordie

Hi guys, great to be here. And I do mean great. I picked up my first Jaguar on Saturday, and haven't stopped looking at it or smiling since. Love it.

Here it is after it's first wash, clay and polish...

20140705_201234_zpso7vf98gw.jpg

2005 X-Type (although I'm sure you've worked that one out for yourself!), 2 litre diesel, manual, with only 51,000 miles covered....

20140705_201247_zps8pvfd9zv.jpg

20140705_201401_zpswjzng8rk.jpg

20140705_201315_zpsl7xk0l2i.jpg

I bought it specifically to eat the daily commute of 130 miles on the A19. And so far, it does the job with aplomb. Perfect.

20140705_201631_zps03k87wml.jpg

20140705_192621_zpsvckrqpql.jpg

20140704_135521_zpsnhge1u3m.jpg

20140704_141321_zpsasfswxjy.jpg

Yes, it's missing cruise, heated seats, trip computer etc, but you know what? It's my first Jag, and I feel great in it.

A little improvement done yesterday, painted the white tow bar electric cap black, so it's not so noticeable....

20140706_173310_zpsynplhy2d.jpg

Sorry for the pic heavy first post. Looking forward to being a useful member here for a long time to come.

hi chris welcome to the club. nice motor mate looks great. charlie

Thanks Charlie. I may be biased, but once polished up, I do think they look great in black.  B)

• Like 1

post-4237-0-31073500-1404766291_thumb.jppost-4237-0-22805900-1404766618_thumb.jpWelcome to the Club, Chris.

When I bought my first Jaguar [an 05 plate X Tyoe 2.5 AWD in Radiant Red], the salesman told me that I would never drive another make. He was absolutely correct.

When it was stolen  --  I was carjacked -- I never even thought of getting any other  make of car, and found within 3 weeks my S Type 2.7 Diesel auto in indigo Blue with 48 k on the clock.

Jaguars are beautiful cars, and look good in any colour.

Just enjoy,

Regards,

Peter.

post-4237-0-98560500-1404766472_thumb.jp

• Like 1

Chris

Welcome and I hope you enjoy the club, the Jag looks fab, and I'm sure you'll enjoy driving it .

The tow bar would be even even less noticeable if you removed it ( just jesting).

If you have any problems there is usually someone at hand to help you sort them .

The only thing the car is missing is a club sticker!

ATB,

Trevor

Chris

The tow bar would be even even less noticeable if you removed it ( just jesting).

The only thing the car is missing is a club sticker!

Trevor

Thanks Trev, ref the tow bar, I really don't like them, but I'll be leaving this as it is for now because the detachable arm is, erm, detached, so it's not really 'in ya face'.

Ref the sticker, yes, I do believe the car would benefit from one or two. Are they good for a bhp gain once fitted?? Now, search function here I come!

• Like 1

Thanks, I've sent Steve a pm, no reply yet. Maybe I have to cough up to get a sticky boost of bhp. 

I did a small improvement the other day. I'm not sure if little things like this are frowned upon in the Jag world, but I've always liked yellow fog lights against darker colours. Yes, I know it's seen as either a JDM or French thing, but I just like it.....

20140709_184856_zpswyue31cs.jpg

20140709_185630_zpsjejl5ufv.jpg

20140709_185647_zpsueid3tmd.jpg

Yay or nay, all opinions welcomed. 

Thanks Trev.

The plate belongs to the previous owner and is in the process of being transferred, so it won't be staying on.

I've already got some new plates made up for when it changes, with some nice black side badges to tie in with the car...

20140713_102138_zpszqokqsix.jpg

Hopefully, the Jag will be my BFF (best friend forever)!! haha

Chris,

Your new plates would be ideal for me, the "ND" for North Devon, and the "55" for my IQ .

My XJ I used to have :

http://www.jaguarownersclub.com/forums/gallery/album/98-jaguar-xj-supersport/

And the XKR I have now:

http://www.jaguarownersclub.com/forums/gallery/album/129-jaguar-xkr-2012/

ATB,

Trevor

Another small improvement (in my opinion) today. I've replaced the clear side repeaters, these........

20140705_192621_zpsvckrqpql.jpg

20140719_120847_zpsnvohdn5g.jpg

.....with these darker ones with chromed bulbs...........

20140719_121658_zpsuyrrjf92.jpg

20140719_121726_zpsvvdrv54d.jpg

20140719_121712_zpsfq0hbfkc.jpg

I like the chromed bulbs in these, as I'm not a fan of the 'fried egg' look created by orange bulbs. The chromed ones definitely flash orange...

20140719_121731_zpsnnaqs8yk.jpg

I think the darker ones suit the car much better as they continue the dark flow of the black bump strips....

20140719_122840_zpshzz7ovzq.jpg

20140719_125759_zps3pidqpeq.jpg

Polishes up rather well....

20140719_201008_zps6wjibtzp.jpg

20140719_201025_zps7neagxmt.jpg

20140719_202557_zpskrcb0lqj.jpg

20140719_202618_zpsi5ex1eyj.jpg

I'm still on the lookout for a rear lip spoiler and a black grille that aren't stupid money, then tints to the rear windows, fit the new plates (with a black badge down the side) when the private plate comes off and I'll be done externally. It's my daily, so no lowering or anything like that, just get it looking sexier and keep it mechanically sound

• Like 1

hi chris yes you got a lovly looking motor ther mate. im thinking off upgrading my fog light and side light bulbs to theese new fanggled led ones but dont know wer to buy from charlie

Chris,

I had tinted rear windows in the XJ supersport, and hated them. They really cut down on your vision when you want to filter into traffic.

Charlie, LED lighting is fab, even got it in the house and on my marine fish tank!

ATB,

Trevor

Chris,

Subtle sounds cool . This is the pic of the one I had, they are not very clear in the picture (pun intended), but they were a right pain. They were the only thing I didn't like about the car.

http://www.jaguarownersclub.com/forums/gallery/image/389-car/

ATB,

Trevor

trevor. you should get yourself a burger van you could make a fortune selling teas&scones to all the caravan holiday tourists thats down ther haha charlie (every days a holiday)

Charlie,

I must admit I do live on holiday, although it feels strange at the moment as there isn't any rain !

Off to London Village on Wednesday to see my daughter receive her doctorate . Shame I have totally blocked up ears at the moment, the health centre can't syringe them as the machine has gone away for repair (£138 on Amazon, same machine) . But they did say to pop in from time to time tp see if it's mended, bless them , could only happen in Devon!.

Hope they're fixed by the following week though. as I'm off to London Village again to see some music.

So in the meantime if you could type a bit louder I'd be grateful .

ATB,

Trevor

ATB,

Trevor

trevor. you should get yourself a burger van you could make a fortune selling teas&scones to all the caravan holiday tourists thats down ther haha charlie (every days a holiday)

Trevor would have competition from that other musician Burger Van Day.

Peter,

I probably would . It is amazing the amount of junk food that the supermarkets get in for the visitors. They must change their eating habits whilst on holiday, I can't believe they eat like that at home .

In the 70's I uses to work for Dennis's (the fire engine people) in Guildford in Surrey.

The also used to make ambulances . At one stage they used to put Jag engines in them , but discontinued doing so after while because the drivers kept crashing them due to the power (especially along the Hog's Back)

ATB,

Trevor

Peter,

Since the heart attack (flat liner) I build all my own food. I don't eat any known fat salt or sugar .

So I don't eat sausages, beefburgers, bacon , or the like. (mind you I never did) .

I think you are correct about the ready made meal and takeaways, that is why the country is becoming obese and diabetes 2 is on the rise.

People are just storing up trouble for themselves .

I think my heart attack was more to do with smoking, drinking, looking after the wife without any help, bringing up the kids, and doing three jobs .

It was probably God's punishment for me being half Welsh also !

ATB,

Trevor