Hello everyone I'm a newbi here.

Hi everyone as you can tell by my post name I'm not a lover of cyclist who don't conform to the highway code unfortunately that means 99%. I've just bought my beautiful X Type and cannot believe the difference from my earlier XJ6. Jaguar have certainly come a long way. My wife and I have just been out for our first drive in it and had lunch, well it was the least I could do as she let me spend the money to buy it. I'll post a photo as soon as I've taken one.

Welcome to the Club, Glyn.

Ome of my part hates is anyone who who does not comply with the Highway Code.  Sadly, and as a former cyclist who did conform, I must agree with you that 99% do not.

I enjoy my Jaguar, and have just returned from a 50 miles round trip to Sudbury Hall, gently through the lanes and enjoying very minute.

Regards,

Peter. 

Glyn,

Welcome to the club , your Jag sounds fab I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

I concur with you about cyclists, although you get the odd decent one. Some even get done for speeding (don't they Peter?)

Was brought up in Risca in my early life (if it's the same Newport) and went to school at Ponllanfraith, or a similar hard to spell name .

ATB,

Trevor

Hi Glyn, and welcome to the club.

I'm also new to Jaguars, and only picked up my X-Type last Saturday. So far I've done 600 miles in it, and I'm loving it.

I hope you enjoy your new motor, and get some pics posted pronto.

Chris

hi glyn. and welcome to the club . yes cyclists are a pain in the $$$$$ . in my view they are a hazard on the roads . but in the highway code we have to give them time the same as horses . enjoy your new jag. and when we finally get our upgrades for haldfords ect through. as ive not had mine yet!!!!!! it would be better for you to upgrade. charlie

Thanks for all your welcomes this appears to be a really friendly site. I took my wife on a trip through the Wye Valley on Wednesday and another trip to Porthcawl  yesterday. The car behaved wonderful a real pleasure to drive. I was amazed at the fuel economy it's much better than I thought it would be especially as my previous Jag was an XJ6 and I had to fill up both tanks to get from South Wales to London and the same to get back home. I've included a few photos of the car from the web site where I bought the car, I'll post a few of my own as soon as I take them (I'm new to digital photography as well)   

Glyn

post-5286-0-20793600-1405080711_thumb.jp

post-5286-0-83973600-1405080730_thumb.jp

Glyn,

car looks cool, digital photography is dead easy, I take lots of photos . What camera have you got ? a good basic and free programme is Google picasa .

If you want anything more advanced like adobe photoshop pm me.

ATB,

Trevor

Thanks for the tip Trevor, I'll look the web site up. I've got a Fugipix AX650 and have just learned how to get the pictures off the camera into my computer. The software which came with the camera seems ok but there doesn't appear to be much editing you can do with it, so I'll try the web site you suggest.

Lyn

glyn glad you like it. my jag is the best car ive had by a mile. and my next will be a jag to thats a deffo. but planing to hold on to her for as long as i can then it will be down to the 1 car so it will be a 4 door job prob an xf or might wangle an xj but thats a few years away i hope. yes they are a friendly bunch here .i am a scot, peters an hon scot, trevor is a sheep rustler from devon  watch out for him. lol charlie

Charle,

Don't be forced into anything bigger, stick with the XK, or get anXKR. But if she decides you are getting something bigger get an XJ Supersport (or racing barge as I called mine) .

I don't take orders for my 'er indoors as I'm, boss, and as I'm useless at DIY, and hate, I pay a grown up to do it properly .

Went for a burst down to Penzance today for something today , I know you have snow on the ground this time of year up there near the north pole but the weather was fab .

Two more trips shortly both to London village, the first to see my eldest receive her doctorate at the Barbican, and the second to see some music . So it means I can open up the taps on the A303 .

P.S., I'm not from Devon, I just live here

morning trevor, i just go along and mostly do as im told for easy life. but put foot down now and then. and next week i am returning favors done to me from a pal(hes a garage owner fixes ours, i just buy the parts, good guy) painting his railings black&gold. take me 2days but its worth it. the weathers been scorching up here to warm for us jocks, but the frosts will return in august. thats great news about your daughter you must be very proud. and rightly so. i only get to open up the xk for a short time up here speed cameras every wher . enjoy the weekend regards charlie

morning trevor, i just go along and mostly do as im told for easy life. but put foot down now and then. and next week i am returning favors done to me from a pal(hes a garage owner fixes ours, i just buy the parts, good guy) painting his railings black&gold. take me 2days but its worth it. the weathers been scorching up here to warm for us jocks, but the frosts will return in august. thats great news about your daughter you must be very proud. and rightly so. i only get to open up the xk for a short time up here speed cameras every wher . enjoy the weekend regards charlie

Don't mention speed cameras.  Coming back from RAF Waddington on the A5 I was apparently caught by a speed camera. I was on a dual carriageway with a normal sped limit of 70mh.  As there were Road Works [no-one actually working] I made sure that I was going at 50 mph.  I saw no signs limiting speed and no camera warning signs.  Yesterday I get a letter saying I was doing 50 mph in a 40 mph area.  No point in arguing so I just filled in the form and sent it back.  The other annoying thing was that my wife never saw any signs either.

Peter,

That is annoying, a woman missing something! But look on the bright side at least you can say you've been done for speeding on a bike and in a car.

Luckily enough there aren't any speed cameras on the A303 in Wiltshire , not that I go round the countryside speeding, I just like to give the car a brief burst along there about 6-00am in the morning.

There are a lot of road works on the M5 near Bristol with a 50mph speed limit, and they take an average. This is where the adaptive cruise control comes into it's own.

You are also right, no point arguing , especially as you have previous, solo, and on a tandem . But on the positive side, it has to give you some street crd with the grandchildren !

Glyn,

I just told her I was boss, quite easy really. Joking aside, she is quite poorly and I have to make all the decisions . But I will say the old saying about "Give them an inch" is very true !

ATB,

Trervor