Rear Sunblind - what's up??

Jog5000

The dial that adjusts the morrors also folds in the mirrors.  Just press and release the lower part of the dial and they should fold in.  Similarly press and release to return them.

I know this isn't about Sun-blinds, sorry everyone, but thanks Peter, courtesy of this post I've just discovered a new gizmo on my Jag!

Cheers,

Mike

Well, I did try the press and release etc... no folding mirrors. No motor sounds. I managed to fold them back by hand, with little resistance...

This is my VIN, if means anything to anyone: SAJAA02A43JM80597.

Nope nor mine, however a little gander into my downloaded version of the owners manual, thanks Peter, does state in section 3-22 that it is an 'option'.

So, no rear blinds, no power folding mirrors, no sat nav (touch screen or otherwise), no memory seating, no steering wheel radio controls, no cruise control etc, etc.

I think whoever ordered mine new had a grand total of £3.50's worth of extras fitted :lol: But I love her!

So, no rear blinds, no power folding mirrors, no sat nav (touch screen or otherwise), no memory seating, no steering wheel radio controls, no cruise control etc, etc.

I think whoever ordered mine new had a grand total of £3.50's worth of extras fitted  :lol: But I love her!

Ahhh so you've got the "Lightweight" version, just think how much faster and better handling yours will be not having to haul all the junk that ours are weighed down with!  :D

Kevin,

Stop moaning, it could be worse, it could be an Aston!

ATB,

Trevor

Perish the thought Trevor, I love her to bits and going to keep her tip top for as long as I can. :)

Ahhh so you've got the "Lightweight" version, just think how much faster and better handling yours will be not having to haul all the junk that ours are weighed down with!  :D

lol, that's the glass half full thinking that I love Mike

Guys, please feel free to go off topic... I dont think that I will be having my issue solved too soon. I need a day off to get cracking on the ride...

I wonder if the Middle East/North Africa spec is different to the UK spec... I have the sunblind, no sunroof, no power mirrors (I did actually pull the trim away to check for wiring), no steering wheel controls...although, I have just bought a new steering wheel with controls, arriving tomorrow! I do have the wiring for all the toys though, so thats a good thing!

Guys, please feel free to go off topic... I dont think that I will be having my issue solved too soon. I need a day off to get cracking on the ride...

I wonder if the Middle East/North Africa spec is different to the UK spec... I have the sunblind, no sunroof, no power mirrors (I did actually pull the trim away to check for wiring), no steering wheel controls...although, I have just bought a new steering wheel with controls, arriving tomorrow! I do have the wiring for all the toys though, so thats a good thing!

Hi Dan, sorry about that bud, we do love our jags and do tend to off on a tangent now again. Memo to Peter, 'do we all need a gypsies on this '?

On the subject of your post though, have all cars got the same wiring loom and its just a matter of retrospective fitting of 'optional extras'? I ask because you say that you have ordered a steering wheel with radio control and I assume cruise control buttons on it, surely it cant be that simple can it?

According to everyone I've spoken to (local - Kuwait, as well as international - jaguarforum.co.uk, jaguarforums.com), our cars are pre-wired for pretty much everything. I took a look yesterday, when trying to sort the sunblind, in the ceiling center console - the wiring for bluetooth mic is there, as well as all the wiring in the boot, for sat nav, phone and cd shuttle.

There are a few write ups concerning the pre-wiring and cruise control - give me 2 days, and I will confirm if it is indeed a straight plug and play.

According to everyone I've spoken to (local - Kuwait, as well as international - jaguarforum.co.uk, jaguarforums.com), our cars are pre-wired for pretty much everything. I took a look yesterday, when trying to sort the sunblind, in the ceiling center console - the wiring for bluetooth mic is there, as well as all the wiring in the boot, for sat nav, phone and cd shuttle.

There are a few write ups concerning the pre-wiring and cruise control - give me 2 days, and I will confirm if it is indeed a straight plug and play.

cheers Dan sounds promising. Optional extras for second hand parts. :)

Hi Guys..

Just a follow up for you on the cruise control and volume control: Steering wheel arrived today, thanks to fleabay. 10 Minutes of disconnecting battery, removing steering wheel etc etc, and I have a fully functioning audio control and cruise control. Nothing else had to be done.

I've read on other forums that this is possible on post face-lift vehicles, not pre. Apparently pre face-lift needed dealer programming. Please don't take my word on this though, do a good few google searches to put your mind 100% at ease if you are planning this.

• Like 1