First Jag, first post

Jagwaar

Hi Guys!

Heres my first post on the forum.  I recently landed myself a new job at Jag Land Rover in Gaydon so needed to get myself a car to get me from Birmingham during the week.  Always wanted to own a Jag (and work there too), but after many years of owning small basic cars like Polos and Puntos i was simply in the habit of looking for another.  Last week was different though as i spotted an xtype while driving passed a dealership in newark and instantly said "rrr theres an xtype, id flippin love to own one!".

Anyway, on the way back home i thought id go have a look and sit in it for a laugh. Never actually thought id own one but was instantly in love and bought it there and then. Ive never sat in a car with a smile like that before and just new i had to have it. After having it for a week im not disappointed in anyway and im looking forward to my new 1 hour commute to Gaydon in my new Jag!  Its quite a jump for me to have things that some people take for granted like air con or cruise control, so at 27 im still trying to get over the fact iv got all these new gadgets, more importantly, in my very own xtype! Cant wait to spend next weekend detailing her!

Thanks for reading!

Ben

x-type 2L D SE (53)

post-5352-0-71257800-1405883405_thumb.jp

Hi Ben, and welcome to the club.

I'm new to Jags too, and I'm loving it and wondering why I didn't buy one sooner.

Get some more pics sorted, especially after the detailing. We'd love to see them.

There's a meet in Gaydon coming up in a few weeks. Have a look in the meets section, and get your name down. It would be good to meet you.

Enjoy the forums

Chris

Welcome to the Club, Ben.

You will enjoy your Jaguar, and I hope you enjoy your new job.

The JOC will hopefully having a day at the Motor Museum in Gaydon in October  --- if there are enough members interested.

Regards,

Peter.

hi ben and welcome to the club young man. a pleasant change from the old buggers on here lol me included . enjoy your jag and get pics taken so we all get a look .charlie

Cheers Guy! 

Would love to come to the meet, ill have a gander for the dates on here.  Loving the Xtype, im finding any excuse to drive it. Start at JLR tomorrow so i'll get to drive it even more.

Ill upload some photos once me and my mate have spent a weekend with the machine polisher :).

Ben

• 3 weeks later...

I Think i'll do that Peter and stick to 16s.  Although I love some of the mean looking x types towards the end of production with the larger wheels, Id never do anything to hinder the comfort! :)

Ben

Welcome Ben

I'm sure you'll enjoy your jag for many years to come and if and when you come to change it will be for another Jaguar.

I've had my X Type now for just over a month and have just got back from a trip to Devon in it. It was a dream to drive, the only problem I found was having to keep an eye on the speed as you don't realize the way the speed increases.

Lyn

(Still hate cyclists, but there wasn't too many on the motorway) 

This one was road works on a dual carriageway with a normal 70 mph limit.  I did not see any speed limit signs but slowed down to 50 mph, which is the usual temporary speed limit.  This time it was 40 mph and even the wife did not spot any signs either.

But a speed camera at a very high level took a photo and I now have to go on a speed awareness course.

Peter.

Peter,

Surely if the signs were unclear you can appeal ?

But I think what goes against you is being caught speeding both on a tandem and on a normal bicycle . They probably think " Lightfoot" is not your right one !

After the speeding on the bicycles, and having to go on a speed awareness course , I would say that you're well on your way to becoming a cult figure !

ATB,

Trevor

Appeals don't work.  "You did it" is what they say, and you can refer it to the magistrates court, where they will say " Not seeing the sign is not our fault". Fine £100 plus costs £32.50.

Pay your £80, sit in a police station for 4 hours, say nowt, no 3 points.

Peter.

Hi Trevor, if I knew where you were I'd have arranged to meet up for a drink (Coke of course). Hope to come down again soon as I miss Devon having lived there for a long time in Plymouth and Exeter.

Regarding variable speed limits Peter, if you ever drive down the M4 through the tunnels at Newport they've got one there which isn't obvious. It apparently gives the local council £250,000 a week in fines.

Lyn

lyn we dont have mutch of them up here as speed cameras & ther are no parking wardens in airdrie or coatbridge were as glasgow is awash with wardens. but i would love to see wardens in airdrie as people just dump their cars every wer. charlie

Hi Lyn,

I don't go to Newport any more since I retired, but I used to go to Llanwern and Orb Steelworks at lot.

And indeed I was often seen at Cardiff Arms Park [bought a pint for Barry John once] for internationals.

Regards,

Peter.

peter us scots like the welsh they are a friendly bunch and like their drink and a laugh . and they are made most welcome in edinburgh for the rugby much  the same as the scots are treated with down their. alas ive never been to wales as ive never been to ireland.  but invaded engerland a few times lol charlie

Hi Charlie and Trevor,

I have been to England , Ireland, Wales and Scotland to watch Rugby, and have had some great times.

The most memorable time was when I was at the Arms Park sitting in the seat reserved for the Lord Lieutenant of Mid Glamorgan  --  he couldn't go and gave me his ticket.  Old Steelworkers network! 

Peter.