Caravans [inter alia].

You're never too old for a caravan Peter, not now with motor-movers and the like. Get yourself another while your wife's at a weak point ha ha.

Failing that have you considered a small motorhome or a static? We did without a van for February this year and I had withdrawal symptoms! I'd find it very hard not to have something to escape to the country in.

We had a mover fitted Charlie, and the last van we have was a beauty - special edition.  But there are lots of places we can get into the fresh air  ---  I am looking at a cottage 5 miles from everywhere in Galway for next year!

Regards

Peter.

peter, my mother&father loved galway. went twice a year some years. hope you love it to. but i am going to head for cornwall in the summer time not been for 40 odd years i loved it , the beaches coves ect beautiful . my mothers brother uncle tommy was a manager in a clay mine down their so we used to go on holiday visits. he later worked for Jaguar coventry. for 20 odd year charlie

Charlie,

Will meet you in Cornwall land when you come.

My friend has a load of those static caravan things . Her father died last month so she is boss .

The blues festival that is advertised for next weekend is one her other half and myself put on .

http://www.johnfowlerholidays.com/?gclid=CNW-vcDV5sECFeWWtAodpSEAuQ

ATB,

Trevor

Charlie,

They have twelve . My friend Suzy came home from Jersey to run everything because her father was dying of cancer . Unfortunately he died last month and she is now the big boss, so I wasn't joking when I said she had over a 1000 caravans.

I always used to take her to the music with me when she was younger, and she was at public school with my eldest.

She bought a company car for the boss of the main camp (her other half) from the Grange last week (where I got my Jag) she was thinking of getting another eleven for the other camps, I told her my troubles, and she is now looking elsewhere .

So Jaguar customer relations really pays off doesn't ?

ATB,

Trevor

Jaguar cars are very good cars.  The people who make them and design them are very good engineers. Those people who own and drive Jaguars are very proud and pleased to own one.  Even some of the dealers are very proud of  the cars they sell to their customers.

It is just a pity that Customer Relations in some of the Jaguar Main dealers seems to be so careless [ie with caring] when dealing with their customers.  There used to be a saying that the Customer is always right.  I think that saying should be the first thing customer relations staff should learn.

It appears that Jaguar Customer services are almost as bad as TESCO.

It is such a pity that a small cog in the wheel can cause so much trouble by not telling the truth.

Peter.

Peter,

It is the lies I do not like, and the arrogance of them. I really did expect better from Jaguar, but they are just as bad as the rest .

I am only a small cog, but they will never have my custom again

ATB,

Trevor

Hi Trevor,  

When I got my s type is used a main dealer --  probably the biggest in the country.  I was interested in a slate grey car which fitted my requirements but was in one of their dealerships in Perth.  They offered to bring it down overnight at no charge so i could see it the next day, but pointed out that they had one of the same spec with a lower mileage in their storage garage.  Apparently they store cars they have taken in part exchange till they determine where and when the car can go on the forecourt.

When we decided to have the car I asked for an MOT before I took it away.  They said that it had had one done in March, so it was OK.  It was then July.

The conversation went like this: "It had an MOT in March and passed without any recommendations  and has not been on the road since.  It also had a service then. We have the details in the papers"

"I would still like an MOT".

"OK, we will do one for you".

They did.

I went in two weeks before the warrant ran out with a list of niggles, all of which were rectified at no charge.

No lies.  I think they might have guessed or knew that I had been a little involved in the Automotive industry 

But they were honest even though we were only spendiing £10k --  up front, though!

It does make a difference, and you get more respect if you don't tell  lies, even though the truth can be unpalatable.

Regards,

Peter.

• 3 weeks later...

A special driving test is a definite must, at the end of the day you are going from a car driver to an articulated vehicle driver there is a vast difference. I towed a caravan many times when younger and my children were young and we had a lot of fun in it. But then I was also guilty of many sins like towing a caravan that was heavier than my Honda Prelude 

• 3 months later...

ive had a caravan for years now  and always had two cars one for towing & small car for every day use so that's one of the reasons i brought the x type est,while looking at the reviews it seemed logical to go for the jag a large family comfy car with good mpg for towing & something i can take to shows/meets so best of both worlds as far as i can see.

Ron 

I towed a caravan for many years when our children were young for varying reasons. We wished to travel abroad and costs of flying the family during school holidays were beyond us. We purchased a caravan and had our main holidays in the South of France or even towing into Spain and using the van most weekends on the Welsh Coastal Resorts (Tenby, Pembroke and the like).

• 2 weeks later...

hi all

well I  have to report that all went very well today I hitched the caravan up to the x type and wow what a joy to drive on a 100 mile round trip motorway a & b roads kitty pulled well & smooth though the gears + a long uphill pull  no problems so all in all the only thing I didn't do was take the mpg damm-it. so I think buying the x type was the perfect choice

so my rating for car and caravan bailey ranger 460/2 combo is 100% :) :) :) :)

regards Ron

• 2 weeks later...

Them thar grockles with their griny bins.....I loved my caravan! But it gave up the ghost and became very damp so we said goodbye....and bought a Jaguar instead.....I love It...ok, you can't live in it (wifey says) but, as a means of getting from a to b...there's nothing better.....

Our caravan served a purpose when our children were young and living so close to the Pembrokeshire Coast therefore, down there in an hour for the weekend and the hot climate of the South of France in the Summer Holidays. Now that the two of them have gained their phD's and Masters, left home, leaving us with just two to pay for expensive holidays we don't want a van.