Mr Sparky

Good Afternoon

first timer,  please be gentle

picking up first Jaguar tomorrow,

Any points to check??

car i'm getting       XF  2.2d (200ps) luxury   registered 2012

test drive was great  , so looking forward to collection

Stephen,

Welcome, hope you enjoy the club, they are always gentle here even to me, the token southerner .

I'm sure you'll be thrilled with the XF, I borrowed a couple and was well impressed !

Yours being fairly new should be trouble free, the XF's are a wonderful car !

Here is a review so you can tease yourself .

http://www.carmagazine.co.uk/Drives/Search-Results/Long-term-tests/Jaguar-XF-22D-2012-long-term-test-review/

ATB,

Trevor ( Yokel)

Welcome to the Club, Stephen,

The XF is a very nice car, and your model is quite frugal, too.

Just one tip from several mechanics --  never use supermarket fuel and give your car a treat every now and then with some of the best stuff.

Regards,

Peter.

hi stephen welcome to the club. i like the xf might own one myself one day. ther are good mechanics & bad mechanics same as good builders &bad builders. i use supermarket fuel and dont see what the fuss is about and have read reviews on it . the one that came tops was shell. the bp stuff was just the same petol as morrisons & tesco, so every little helps as they say  regards charlie

trevor i know what you are saying i myself usually put a high octane addative in the tank as well. its just that morrisons is only about 300yds from me. charlie

Charlie,

Not that it really applies to me anyway as the nearest supermarket that sells petrol is 17 miles away anyhow . Also, the petrol in North Devon is dearer than in London !

ATB,

Trevor

P.S. Unless you go to our local supermarket early doors ( which I always do, and thankfully don.t buy much in the places) they are usually rammed with herds of holiday makers .

Peter,

The way I see it, if you want good quality meat you go to the butchers, if you want good quality fruit and veg ( not applicable up T' North) you go to a greengrocers, if you want good quality  petrol you go to a reliable independent garage .

Supermarkets sell all these things, but are inferior quality .

ATB,

Trevor

trevor&peter yes the both of you are prob right and i have also been told that from some mechanics, shell gets the best name so peter is lucky that hes got one  on his doorstep. ive got morrisons 300yds away and 2 bp stations about 5-700yrds away in diffrent directions. nearest shell is in coatbridge 2half miles away. but iam happy with the morrisons stuff. while filling up the other week in bellshill peter (tesco) it said on the pump at lest 85% octain fuel. but as i said every now and then i put a addtive in the tank. ther are not many independant garages in this area trevor civilization came here long time a go. ask peter we have houses and cars up here now schools and shops now to tv s and computers the haggis run free charlie

Charlie,

Can't pretend civilisation has reached us down here yet, although plenty of northerners have .

The recommended fuel for my XKR is minimum 91 RON ; recommended 95-98 RON

We have lots of (expensive) independent garages down here,  the supermarket stuff is dearer than most parts of the country also . The best we can hope for down here is good quality red diesel .

Don't own a TV or one of those portable telephones, and don't like shops, especially supermarkets  . The schools can't be that good ,had to send mine to Oxford to finish her education .

I do have a house though !

ATB,

Trevor

haha nice one. we also get plenty( cherry) up here to i ran our vans on it as well as my navarra for years lol . im of out shopping trevor her ladyship is having her afternoon nap, and its ( friday you know what that means) and im out of stock . regards charlie

I have a good bottle of the Irish Whiskey still unopened from my 80th birthday 2 months ago.

Here we have cocktails before dressing for dinner at weekends.

As for food, we have our fish sent in from Grimsby, and our vegetables from the allotment.

And as it is past the glorious 12th there is plenty of grouse.

Peter.

Peter,

we are quite lucky that we do get plenty of freshly murdered local fair down here , do not get hungry at all though, so only eat one meal a day, and like that cooked, eaten and washed up as quick as possible.

The wife tends to have plenty to grouse about though !

ATB,

Trevor

the high life peter. i used to grow all or veg. but years ago done up the garden only two wee plots now. and didnt have the time with the business took all my time. but have always liked the garden. grouse on the other hand are wee buggers to shoot without beaters,  you are on top of them before they fly out,but are very tasty . not had any for years. on my second cocktail as we speak peter. and my new light bulbs are installed in my xk and looking great .but cant remember how to post photos on here. charlie

Charlie,

Just go to " More reply options" (bottom right) , then "attach files" (bottom left), go to the file (browse), then  click on "attach this file" , then "add reply" .

This picture is Ilfracombe taxis

ATB,

Trevor

post-4098-0-73453500-1408130347_thumb.jp