Hello From Lincolnshire.

Nige005

Hi everyone.

I'm Nige ( as you may guessed from my username.... ) and I have just joined after aquiring an XK8 from a friend. Love the car already and looking forward to the ownership experience.

Despite not being, ahem, in the first flush of youth I've never owned a Jag before but thinking I will enoy it and hoping that I will not have to drag up my old mechanical skills too often. These days I prefer to kick the tyres, switch on the aircon, light the blue touch paper and zoom off !

Pleased to join your community and hope to be able to contribute.

Cheers,

Nige.

Hi Nige, and welcome to the club.

It is a friendly club and members will share their experiences.

I was 77 when I got my first Jaguar and throughly enjoy the Jaguar experience.

Like you, I don't get oily hands anymore leaving that to those who can both get under the car and get back up!

Regards,

Peter.

Welcome Nige ( I really cannot call you that ) ,

As Peter said they are very friendly bunch here and normally find ways to solve problems, some of them even car related .

" Not in the first flush of youth " you claim , Peter and myself used to take it turns to babysit Queen Victoria .

I'm sure you will enjoy the XK8, they are cracking cars.

ATB,

Trevor ( nouveaux pensioner)

P.S., Hendrix really is my proper name by the way

Welcome Nige ( I really cannot call you that ) ,

As Peter said they are very friendly bunch here and normally find ways to solve problems, some of them even car related .

" Not in the first flush of youth " you claim , Peter and myself used to take it turns to babysit Queen Victoria .

I'm sure you will enjoy the XK8, they are cracking cars.

ATB,

Trevor ( nouveaux pensioner)

P.S., Hendrix really is my proper name by the way

Thanks for the welcome Trevor.

So you and Peter were the ones trying to steal my babysitting job..........!

Actually I may be a little younger but it's all relative isn't it.

I'm about to put up some pics of my new XK8, sadly it's a little dirty, will get some tlc next week.

It was very clean last Tuesday before I drove it to Taunton with the then owner to look at, and, as it turned out, buy his new XKR. Tom Tom decided to take us on a very odd route to avoid Melton Mowbray and we ended up on single track " roads " with mud on the edges and weeds growing in the middle, not a route any sane person, or machine, would choose to use. Both Sat Navs we had in the car took us this route so not just a glitch on mine.

Needless to say that on the way back we elected to force a better route and came back to Boston via Newark, a much better option. Amazingly we managed to stay in convoy all the way home with me leading the way for the 250 mile trip. Mind you he didn't have any problems keeping up !

Anyway, enough waffle, lets see if I can get the pics up on here.

post-5598-0-86922500-1410009117_thumb.jppost-5598-0-95254100-1410009133_thumb.jppost-5598-0-33412400-1410009145_thumb.jppost-5598-0-22230000-1410009157_thumb.jp

Nige(l),

Does TLC stand for True Lincolnshire Care ?

I was in Taunton last week, not far from me but a fair trek from you , so that's two XK's they've seen in Somerset now !

Your sat nav was correct, they are normal roads here in the West Country.My jag sat nav is really good, no problems at all with it .

Do you always travel in herds in Lincolnshire ?

My XKR

http://www.jaguarownersclub.com/forums/gallery/album/129-jaguar-xkr-2012/

ATB,

Trevor

;)

Here in Lincs the residents need a lot of care..... ! You may well correctly guess that I'm not orginally from here, just ended up here in the RAF and stayed on when I left, albeit with an eleven year sojourn working overseas. We have to travel in company as we git scaredd win meting furrigners............

Nice motor there Trevor, very impressive.

Next problem both I and the previous owner have to tackle is the change of Registration. Currently I have his personal plate on my car and this needs to be transferred to his XKR and the original number put back on mine. ( What a faff. ) From what I have seen this involves sending the V5's, MoT and Tax Disks to DVLA and then eventually the system will spit out new V5's, MoT Certs and Tax Discs. So far so good but as the VED sytem changes at the end of the Month and tax discs no longer issued does this mean that the Tax will be cancelled on both cars in ??? It's unlikely that we can effect the new Regs before the end of the Month.

If anyone has any useful info and Reg changes I'd be plesed to know how you did it and how it all hung together.

Nige,

There is a page on the Government's Official site somewhere which offers some information.

I have never been into personal number plates, as the administration is quite costly in time, and the plates themselves cost a few shillings

I will go with Trevor on this  and would find it easier and cheaper to change my name by deed poll to fit in with my number plate.

Peter.

I do agree, I don't want peronal plates but the previous owner naturally wants them back to put on his new XKR. Just a bit of a bind  that I have to be involved in the process somewhat. Looked at the government site and it's sorta not too bad ish, I think. My original plan was not to " own " the car until he had finished transferring the plates but that would have taken us into October and cost me nine months VED, did I mention I'm from Yorkshire ? ( A true tyke from Barnsley ! Why on earth did I confess to this..... ???? )

Thanks for the welcome Stan, nice to have met another ex Blue Job on here already !

Now where is this deedy polly thingy........