Evening Ladies & Gents

Plum...

Hello to one and all,

I joined JOC the other day and am slowley working my way around things...

At present I drive a Jag Daimler soverign 4.0, which I have to admit, is gorgeous, however I would say that wouldnt I??? post-5718-0-44612600-1411771390_thumb.jp

I've always had a liking for the x300s, tis just the shape and the bullet proof silky smooth motor, perfick, for me anyway just perfick...

cheers for now

Bryn. . .

Bryn M. (Plum)

Pretty close my good man,

Just a little further north (or should I say 'up north') in East riding of Yorkshire lad, born an bred haha.

Long story about the name Bryn so I won't bore you Ken, suffice to say that one of my mothers possible fathers, and my grans first husband was called 'Davies' nod nod wink wink.

WW11 played it's part me thinks, and uniforms of course, haha.

Anyway good to here from you Ken, I've spent many a happy time in Wales, from such as Cardiff and Swansea to Brecon and Hay etc.

Cheers,

Bryn. . .

Welcome to the Club, Bryn.

I do like your car.  I nearly bought one similar, but in Black, three years ago, but it was a long wheelbase and awkward to get into my driveway.  It was in absolutely marvellous condition, but the insurance was very high as it had been owned by the Queen  ---  one of a few "Royal" cars.

Enjoy the club!

Regards,

Peter.

Hi Peter,

Appreciate the welcome my good man.

I know what you mean about space and driveways, however I'm pretty lucky there with plenty of room.

As for the Queens car i also saw one for sale from  a company down south this year, in metalic grey, by the time I'd made my mind up to go and look, it had gone. Such as life eh!!!

cheers

Bryn. . .

Yes, Bryn, cars do go just like that.

My driveway is big enough and the entrance is wide enough but the road, with houses built about 100 years ago, is not that wide and with the council allowing parking on both sides of the road, the turn in is not easy.  But I have my s type which is a great car which I can just squeeze in and reverse the car to drive out.

Regards,

Peter.

Hi Bryn, welcome to the club. I had a Daimler Sov 4.2 in 1980s. that was a lovely car. Have S Type now.

Where in east Yorkshire are you, I have relatives in Bridlington. and I served at RAF Patrington in 1962. Lived at Sutton on Hull.

Born in North Yorkshire.

Regards

Stan.

Hi Bryn, welcome to the club. I had a Daimler Sov 4.2 in 1980s. that was a lovely car. Have S Type now.

Where in east Yorkshire are you, I have relatives in Bridlington. and I served at RAF Patrington in 1962. Lived at Sutton on Hull.

Born in North Yorkshire.

Regards

Stan.

Well good evening old bean,

and thankyou very much for the welcome...

Bridlington is just up road from us Stan, around 20 mins away, as I live in the little village of Wawne (pronounced as tho one is worn out, which most folk round ere are haha), it also just happens to be the next village along from your old stompin ground Sutton, say 3 mile give or take 100 yards or so...

Almost neighbours kind sir, in a round about way.

cheers for now

Bryn. . .

Hi Bryn, and welcome to the club.

I'm just a bit north of you, in Saltburn-By-The-Sea.

Appreciate the welcome Chris.

However, just wondering if you've emigrated south of the border going by the Name of 'Geordie...'

Have been to Middlesbrough, Darlington an Newcastle a few times but the nearest I've been to you on coast in recent times is Whitby and Robin hood's bay.

So what's Saltburn like? just as nice???

cheers,

Bryn. . .

Yes, Bryn, cars do go just like that.

My driveway is big enough and the entrance is wide enough but the road, with houses built about 100 years ago, is not that wide and with the council allowing parking on both sides of the road, the turn in is not easy.  But I have my s type which is a great car which I can just squeeze in and reverse the car to drive out.

Regards,

Peter.

Don't they just,

I have the philosophy that what happens, happens, and something better and more appealing is just around the corner.

Or do they just call that wishfull thinking haha...

As for the street sizes Peter, if the powers that be back then only had the forsight of how far the horsless carrage would actually tak us eh, and especially Jag's...

cheers for now my good man,

Bryn. . .

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Join The Club

Join the Jaguar Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

• Topics

• Our picks

• Simply Jaguar show at Beaulieu - Sunday 23rd June 2024
      Jaguar Owners Club have a stand at this year's Simply Jaguar event at the National Motor Museum at Beaulieu, Hampshire on Sunday 23rd June 2024

Tickets are available online here: https://www.beaulieu.co.uk/events/simply-jaguar/
      • 1 reply
    • JAGUAR’S LAST PETROL SPORTS CAR: F-TYPE ZP EDITION TAKES THE CHEQUERED FLAG
      Jaguar is commemorating the end of its internal combustion sports car lineage in 2024 with an exclusive limited-edition F-TYPE inspired by two iconic 1960s racing E-types

Just 150 examples of the F-TYPE ZP Edition will be the last internal combustion-engined sports cars designed by Jaguar. These 575PS supercharged petrol V8 F-TYPEs feature specially curated interior and exterior details by the personalisation experts at SV Bespoke.
    • UPDATE SHOW INFORMATION !

Please find attached your club label – please can this be distributed amongst your club members prior to the event. Please ensure that they print this label and display it in their windscreen upon entry to the event, this ensures that all members wishing to park within your club area are directed to the correct parking location by our stewards. Please do not modify or add logos to the club label.

We do ask that all individuals have purchased their tickets on an individual basis in advance via our website, to speed up the entry process on the day. This can be done on our website here until 2pm on the day when admission closes: https://www.beaulieu.co.uk/events/simply-jaguar.

Note that we do have two entrances available, one is exhibitors gate at the bottom of the hill as you come in to Beaulieu, with the other being the normal Simply event entrance within the attraction. Either entrance is fine to use and both are open from 9.00am, with the exhibitors entrance closing around 11am.

Jaguar Owners Club (1).pdf
    • Simply Jaguar - Beaulieu Motor Museum - 25th June 2023
      Jaguar Owners Club have a stand at this years Simply Jaguar event at the National Motor Museum at Beaulieu, Hampshire on Sunday 26th June 2023

Tickets are available online here: https://www.beaulieu.co.uk/events/simply-jaguar/

TICKETS & PRICES
      Participant prices are only valid if arriving in a Jaguar and taking part in the rally. They are not valid for those arriving on foot.

Participants can make the most of our EARLY BIRD discount by booking before 28th February 2023.

Children under 5 require a ticket, this can be booked online free of charge.

Participant and visitor tickets will include entrance to the rest of the Beaulieu attraction, including the National Motor Museum, Palace House, Little Beaulieu, World of Top Gear, Beaulieu Abbey and its grounds and gardens.

The best time for viewing the Simply rally is between 10am and 2pm.

Adult

Child

Participants – Early Bird*

£14.00

£7.50

Participants – Standard & On The Day

£16.00

£8.00

Visitors

Normal admission applies.

Normal admission applies

*Early bird tickets are available until 28th February 2023

VEHICLE ENTRY
      Entry with your Jaguar is from 9am – 2pm. Please make sure you have your ticket printed or available on your phone, ready to be scanned on arrival.

Please do not arrive early for our Simply rallies as no facilities will be open prior to 9:30am.

Cars cannot leave and re-enter the grounds for the Simply rallies.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

CLUB STAND ATTENDEE LIST

We do ask for a final update on numbers 2 weeks prior to the event following which we will send out club labels to you via email for you to then distribute out to club members. Club members then need to print and display these in their windscreen on arrival. This helps us then park you all in your club area together.

1. Trevor (admin)
      2.  Paj

• 5 replies
    • F-TYPE marks 75 years of Jaguar sports cars and its final model year update
      The Jaguar F-TYPE is the definitive Jaguar sports car from a rich bloodline spanning 75 years and including some of the most iconic models ever built

Forums

News

Membership