Problem at the factory?

Phill5

Peter,

I'm with you on the rugby shorts .

I thought the police admitted they lied over the pleb remark .

ATB,

Trevor

Hi Trevor,

I think the Police did make an admission   ---   but he did say something nasty to them which he did admit.

Peter.

Peter,

True . You just take it as read that MP's lie , but don't expect it from the Police .

Off , off topic . Saw Fascinating Aida last night , sheer entertainment, try and catch them if they're up north near you ( These are the ladies I came up to Leicester to see when you were on grandchild watch) .

ATB,

Trevor

Peter,

Live music is my favourite thing, going to see Joan Armatrading next month, also have Nils Lofgren and Al Stewart lined up,plus some big band stuff. Also a load of classic concerts at the Two moors festival starting shortly .

And the obligatory panto for the other half , have bought the tickets, just have to find someone to take her

http://www.thetwomoorsfestival.co.uk/

ATB,

Trevor

Hi All,

Just a quiet suggestion.  There are certain topics that I think we should avoid, particularly those where people have strong convictions.  Religion and politics come to mind  ---  there may be others such as Manchester United and Yorkshire Cricket Club.

Regards,

Peter. 

Peter,

Going back to what I was on about the other day over the stealership lying about the car being serviced .

Took the car into my local reliable independent garage , and the owner said it doesn't look like it had been serviced . So i've booked it in for a service on Monday morning .

I have also got rid of the "Service required" warning. This is how I did it, it evidently works on the XF's as well as the XK's, not sure about other models.

This has to be done quickly, took me a few goes to get right, but it works:

1. Press and hold the rear fog lamp switch (while the ignition is off).

2. Press the start button without applying the foot brake.

3. Release the rear fog lamp switch.

4. Press and hold the trip computer cycle switch.

5. Press and hold the rear fog lamp switch.

6. Continue to hold the trip computer and rear fog lamp switches.

7. The message centre should display "resetting service mode" and then "service mode
reset"

8. Release the trip computer and the fog lamp switches and turn the ignition off.

ATB,

Trevor

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Everyone,

Basically, I started this topic off several weeks ago as my new XF was delayed and I hadn't had any explanation as to why. (Just to save you refreshing your memory by reading all the posts below.)

Well my update and to cut a very long story short-

My car was eventually delivered to me over 5 weeks late on October 24th. Missed the use for my daughter's wedding.

Guess what! No explanation was given fully as to the problem other than it was an issue with a window! That's it!

Oh and also it wasn't built to my specification. We asked for piano black veneer. It has the standard oak veneer.

The Showroom are now getting some 3rd party company to come along take out the wrong one and put the one we wanted and ordered in although I am still waiting to find out when that will be.

I thought they were all factory fitted!!

Does this smack of "that's not my car". Without a satisfactory explanation, imagination takes over of course. We believe we have been bumped and had a nearest fit delivered. May be wrong of course but no one has argued against.

I've written to Jeremy Hicks , Jaguar UK MD.

Never heard a thing. I chased and chased and eventually had a call from Lucy in his office a week ago yesterday who apologised profusely for all the problems and said she would look into it and yes you guessed, heard nothing since!

I love my new car. I love driving it. I love being a new Jaguar owner. I love the look from the outside but it's not what I ordered on the inside and now they want to get someone (maybe a butcher!) to rip out the veneer and put what I ordered and paid for in instead. They had better not make any mistakes or marks.!!

Sorry to rant but I have to say Jaguar's communication is spectacularly poor. The feeling of Customer Experience being Outstanding is falling somewhere between shoddy and 3rd rate.

I've just chased again today !

Still waiting .

I'll let you know how the story unfolds.

Cheers

Phill

Phill ,

couldn't agree more , have been in touch with them as well, about being lied to about the car being serviced, and the brakes being knackered.

It is very hard to get a response at all, this is my latest email to them (just now).

" Dear Mr Williams,

Thank you for getting back to me, I received an email from a lady called Hannah Palfreyman telling me that the Grange in Exeter would be in touch, which they did .

I replied to Hannah, but have not received a reply, this is what I put:

“Dear Hannah,

Thank you for your email.

Matt has been in touch and he is a very affable young man, but as expected came out with the predictable excuses.

He also swears blind the car had been serviced by Jaguar before they had received it (in May). If this was case, how come I got a service offer a fortnight ago when the next service shouldn’t have been due until next May, and the “service required” light came on; seems a bit of a coincidence.

Also the rear brake pads were in a very bad condition indeed, and as stated in a previous Email to you, I am a pensioner and do not go racing around the countryside, I have also only done 3000 miles since I’ve had the car .

To cut a long story short , I don’t expect to pay £50K on a car (instant bank transfer) and have to pay £648 nineteen weeks later to get the car serviced and the back brakes pads replaced.

I am very disappointed in Jaguar indeed, I have also been a very good customer with the dealership concerned (two Aston Martins and Two Jaguars ) .

Would it really be too much to ask for Jaguar or the dealership to “bite the bullet” and do the decent thing for once.

If my custom means that little, I’m sure someone like Mercedes will welcome it in future .

Your Sincerely,

Trevor Knightsmith “

I expect I will be ignored and they think the waffle from the dealership is the end of the matter .

I do like the car, but I am very disillusioned with Jaguar and their dealerships .

ATB,

Trevor

phil thanks for updating us,  sorry to hear of the problems with the trim. earlier this week we herd from tony and his horrific problems with his new f type. and apart from the mechanical issues hes having is another issue same as yourself .when he orderd his car he choose the black pack for the interior. when he picked the car up from the dealership no black pack. hes also taking Jaguar to task as well as trevor whom has issues with them also. but come on Jaguar you cant keep on ducking your customers its time to sort things out.  PS trevor sent you an email. charlie

Update,

It looks like i've purchased my last Jaguar .

" Dear Mr Knightsmith,

Thank you for responding to my email. 

Iam happy to hear that you were contacted directly by Matt from Grange Jaguar,Exeter yesterday, however I apologise that you feel like you were given predictable excuses.

This afternoon I have contacted Matt from the retailer personally, to confirm whether the vehicle needs to be serviced, as you stated the service light came on two weeks ago. Matt confirmed that it will not be until next May 2015, as you rightfully suspected. 

I then advised Matt that we should bring your vehicle in to have the service light reset and he then stated that you had the service light reset at your independent garage, Unfortunately we are unable to accept the diagnosis from you independent garage.

Matt kindly suggested that if you would like them to have a look at the service light themselves then the retailer would be more than happy to assist within doing this.

In regards to your rear brake pads, in previous conversations with Sean Murphy the Aftersales Manager at Grange Jaguar, Exeter he made me aware that at the time that you purchased your vehicle (Jaguar XKR, Reg: OV62 SSX) the front and rear brakes were both at 50% worn.

May I apologise for the inconvenient circumstances that you have experienced.

If you do require any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact me directly on my details shown below.

Yours sincerely,

Hannah Palfreyman

Jaguar Land Rover

My reply was:

Dear Hannah,

Thank you for your email .

I Didn’t for one moment expect the Grange or Jaguar to admit that there is a possibility that you could be wrong and do the decent thing .

I will never deal with the Grange again , or purchase another Jaguar .

I’m sure my custom will be appreciated elsewhere

Yours sincerely,

Trevor Knightsmith

Further udate:

Dear Mr Knightsmith,

Thank you for your response.

I am sorry to hear that you are dissatisfied with my response. It is also disappointing to hear that this will result in you leaving the Jaguar Land Rover brand.

I can only hope that you change your mind in the future andthat you do indeed return back to the brand.

If I can be of any assistance in the future then please do not hesitate to contact me.

*Yours sincerely,*

*Hannah Palfreyman*

Just goes to show how much they care !

ATB,

Trevor

Hi Phil,

Thanks for the update.

I am fairly certain that things like the dashboard are all factory fitted, with the details of the specification required by the customer on a work sheet that is pinned to the body of the car when it comes on to the line from the paint shop.  I have been taken round quite a few car factories with the full all day tour - Nissan, Toyota, Austin, [not Jaguar --  yet --].  Add to that I had an uncle who worked at Ford in Halewood who was very knowledgeable about what went on on Production lines.

The dealer  has to do very little when the car comes on to his premises.

I would guess that the dealer mis-ordered your specifications ---  and in all probability failed to put you order in to Jaguar in the first place and only your chivvying got him off his backside and place the order, saying he needed it quickly, and Jaguar sent him a car with the nearest specification to yours, hoping that you would ignore the dashboard veneer.

Regards,

Peter.