Jag XF Newbie

Shep

HI Shep and Croeso (Welcome) obviously croeso is Welsh for welcome. Hope you enjoy your Jaguar experience, I've only recently joined myself XKR crossing over from Mercedes however, all that I have come in contact with have appeared friendly.

My brother Jason Donovan (TRUTH) check out my surname in profile, don't believe he as joined the forum/club as yet has just bought the new F type S which is an amazing motor twin supercharcher

Welcome to the Club, Ian.

I hope you enjoy the XF.  A young woman round here has a Bright Red one  --  I think she is married to a footballer -- there are quite a few round here on a big private estate that has been there for 70 odd years --  just across the road!

Regards,

Peter.

Afternoon my good man,

I'm already looking forward to a report of the first drive on your own, no distraction, just you, the car (the smell, man the smell!!! Sorry Ian I went all wobbly there for a second), and the. . .

nuff said, over to you haha

cheers for now

Bryn. . .

• Like 1

Afternoon my good man,

I'm already looking forward to a report of the first drive on your own, no distraction, just you, the car (the smell, man the smell!!! Sorry Ian I went all wobbly there for a second), and the. . .

nuff said, over to you haha

cheers for now

Bryn. . .

Took my XKR out for a spin  last Sunday morning all by myself on a road that's used regularly by Richard Hammond, its where I live. A 911 was right close to my rear bumper getting on my nerves waiting for a clear stretch so that he could take me. Not a chance in hell, I was waiting, flicked the Sport mode button and waited for that nice clear stretch myself and let it rip. What a note  :rolleyes: Didn't see the 911 again

Ken,

The XKR sees of quite a few things doesn't it?

Here is a nice review of one, this one is identical to mine except mine has ivory interior .

http://www.mycarcoach.co.uk/news/road-test-review-jaguar-xkr-by-nick-johnson/

ATB,

Trevor

I've got the Ivory leather in mine also albeit mine is the lighter shade of blue and convertible. I admit to it being quick but don't honestly know if it is any quicker than my old AMG even though its got 420bhp opposed to 347bhp could be a weight/torque thing

Ken,

Mine is 510 BHP , 'er indoors was pestering to get a XKR-S, but they wanted mine and £19500 for a car that is six months older than mine, which is two next week.

As you can imagine, I said " no thank you"

ATB,

Trevor

Ken,

Mine is 510 BHP , 'er indoors was pestering to get a XKR-S, but they wanted mine and £19500 for a car that is six months older than mine, which is two next week.

As you can imagine, I said " no thank you"

ATB,

Trevor

What did they add to the XKR - S to take it from 420 to 510 bhp thats wicked. 20K would buy you a reasonably decent second hand XKR so why would a dealer try it on in such a manner? I'm happy enough at the moment with the XKR although the Boy can out accelerate me 0 - 60 in his Lotus Exige, I have the last laugh as the torque kicks in though and pass him between 60 - 100

Ken,

The XKR is 510BHP (mine), the XKR-S is 550 BHP , but isn't a lot quicker than the XKR, not mine plus £19500m worth anyhow.

Told the stealership  I could keep mine and get a decent AMG convertible with the £19500 they wanted on top of mine.

Bunch of thieves !

This was the car

http://www.grange.co.uk/used-car-details/jaguar-xk/50-supercharged-v8-r-s-2dr-auto-automatic-convertible-2012/devon/?regno=WF12MLE&make=Jaguar&model=XK&makeSB=Jaguar&modelSB=XK&page=2

ATB,

Trevor

Ken,

The XKR is 510BHP (mine), the XKR-S is 550 BHP , but isn't a lot quicker than the XKR, not mine plus £19500m worth anyhow.

Told the stealership  I could keep mine and get a decent AMG convertible with the £19500 they wanted on top of mine.

Bunch of thieves !

This was the car

http://www.grange.co.uk/used-car-details/jaguar-xk/50-supercharged-v8-r-s-2dr-auto-automatic-convertible-2012/devon/?regno=WF12MLE&make=Jaguar&model=XK&makeSB=Jaguar&modelSB=XK&page=2

ATB,

Trevor

I was under the impression that the XKR was 420bhp, is there different models of the XKR other than the S which gives it more bhp? I'm guessing mine being a convertible would carry a little extra weight but assume they all come with the 4.0 V8 supercharged lump?

Took my XKR out for a spin  last Sunday morning all by myself on a road that's used regularly by Richard Hammond, its where I live. A 911 was right close to my rear bumper getting on my nerves waiting for a clear stretch so that he could take me. Not a chance in hell, I was waiting, flicked the Sport mode button and waited for that nice clear stretch myself and let it rip. What a note  :rolleyes: Didn't see the 911 again

Nice one Ken33y old bean,

I don't know the roads you'r referting to, however we have also bumped into said Mr Hammond on occasion whilst visiting in the Ross area as ones daughter used to reside in that neck of the woods.

As for the 911, tis alright having the pennies, the question is can one drive haha???

cheers for now,

Bryn. . .

• Like 1

Nice one Ken33y old bean,

I don't know the roads you'r referting to, however we have also bumped into said Mr Hammond on occasion whilst visiting in the Ross area as ones daughter used to reside in that neck of the woods.

As for the 911, tis alright having the pennies, the question is can one drive haha???

cheers for now,

Bryn. . .

Its the A4059 between Penderyn and Nant Ddu its Hammonds favourite test track whilsk Clarkson prefers the A4069 over the Black Mountains

Ahhh I see,

We didn't get that far over as a rule, now an again Swansea, Hay and Brcon but not often.

I like the roads though a lot, like Yorkshire, just not the red clay that I had to clean off afterwards haha.

cheers

Bryn. . .

Ahhh I see,

We didn't get that far over as a rule, now an again Swansea, Hay and Brcon but not often.

I like the roads though a lot, like Yorkshire, just not the red clay that I had to clean off afterwards haha.

cheers

Bryn. . .

The Black Mountains (A4069) where can does his Top Gear test drives are not far from Swansea near, Ammanford and the A4059 Richard Hammond's test track is quite close to Brecon. I think Captain Slow uses the Taff Trail cycle path  :)

To late in the year now but come the better weather next year I would be happy to show the routes if anyone fancies a club meet and drive around the area. Fabulous hotels at very reasonable prices in Swansea I organised it for the Merc Boys and Girls a few years ago and we had a great time.