I am feeling very sad and let down by my dealer (Harwoods Crawley) I bought my F type Jaguar on the 19th September 2014 to find out the black pack interior kit was not on my car and I was told this can not be fitted as the car has now been made. Seriously it's plastic trim!  Oh and I paid for it. Two weeks later I was stuck on a dual carriage way for 7 hours waiting to be recovered from 17:15 to 00:30. Jaguar assist and two recovery trucks came and couldn't help me, then when the last recovery truck turned up at 23:45 and I refused to let him go without my car as it was cold, I was hungry and bursting for a wee. The car had to be jacked up and then put on skates as the electronic brakes were stuck on due to electrical meltdown. I was in the car covering the front brake and as the recovery driver jerked to pull the car up it swerved on to the dual carriage way onto incoming traffic. With my cheeks firmly clenched and the lump in my throat now trying to escape from my rear end, I jumped out the car and had to help the recovery driver push the car back on the lay by. Eventually we managed to get the car on the truck and away we went.

A week later I was ready to collect my car once the auxiliary fuse box and control module was replaced when, I was told there is now a recall on the torque settings for the engine. Arrggghhhh.

I collected my car and then on Saturday The engine light comes on, OMG really!!!! I took the car straight to the dealer where I was offered a courtesy car to be delivered to my home address in an hour. OK so how am I getting home?

After some exchange of words I was presented with a courtesy car.

I asked to speak to the sales manager as I was furious and I wanted now my black pack kit or for them to take the car back. He looked at me in disgust and shrugged his shoulders and said " I will get the sales man that sold you the car to ring you on Monday" he then turned away and walked off.

There was no apology, no sign of sympathy for my trouble nothing. I have honestly never met a man so arrogant and pig ignorant as him and it was only the fact that my Fiancée was with me or Harwoods would be looking for his teeth amongst the broken glass as I drove my car through the showroom window.

How the hell can a man that sells quality cars be such an A**E?

I love my car but now I would never buy another vehicle from this garage ever again. I have never been treated like this ever and all it looks like is this showroom only cares about the sale and then you can run and jump afterwards.

Has anyone else dealt with this showroom and had similar issues?

• Like 1

Tony,

Indeed I have ! With with an Aston Martin, and with the Jaguar I bought from the same dealership in Exeter !

I would line them all up and shoot the lying thieving ******** at dawn .

I was told my XKR had been serviced when I bought it in May, paid the £50K on the nose.

Not only have i found out since that the car hadn't been serviced since October 2013, but the back brakes were totally worn away.

It cost me £648 to get the car serviced and rear brake pads fitted (Genuine Jag parts hence the price) at a trustworthy independent garage .

When I phoned the dealership and complained I was told "it is the way you have driven it sir" . If it wasn't a 140 mile round trip to the garage I would probably be behind bars now, I am so furious .

I have written to Jaguar to complain, but have yet to receive a reply; well they have my money haven't they ?

Never again will I use a dealership, I think it it about time their myth was well and truly exposed !

My Aston Martin fiasco is on another thread somewhere .

ATB,

Trevor

P.S. I'm coming down to Guildford on the 12th

• Like 2

Hi Tony,

I think that you have been treated very badly to put it mildly.

I have only bought three cars in the last few years due to having had company cars for 30 years.  Two I bought from the same dealership which handles multiple makes of car, and neither were new.  The treatment I got was quite superb and both cars, one a Rover Sterling, and the other an X Type Jaguar were both presented very well and the salesman was brilliant, even presenting  my wife with a Jaguar Umbrella.

The last car I bought I tried to use the same dealer, as I wanted an s type, but they had none  --  they are a franchised dealer rather than a main dealer --  and I went to Stratstone --  who are the biggest Jaguar dealer in the UK.  While they were not as good as Colliers [my wife never got an umbrella] they did present the car well, and before the warranty ran out they did a full check on all of my niggles and rectified all of the issues.

That is a big plus, but these dealers are in Motown, as it were, and there are many people in the city who know a lot about cars and quite a few have connections in the motor trade.

It does appear that the dealers who cause most of the problems are not in an area such as Birmingham and I do know that people come a long way to get their cars through Colliers, the first one  mentioned.

I hope that you will get some satisfaction from Jaguar.  What you must do, though, is to warn off potential buyers from this company.

Regards,

Peter. 

• Like 1

Peter,

What about the extortionate prices they charge for spares, and their hourly rate for repairs.

My wife also got a Jaguar umbrella, and flowers, and a teddy bear, but I have spent close on a £100k there, so, so they should !

They also let you use nice courtesy cars, but all this comes from the same place, out of the punter's pocket .

My last six cars have been bought through dealerships, and i've paid through the nose and been treated like dirt by all of them

A better deal can got elsewhere, bunch of con men .

ATB,

Trevor

I don't buy bits from main dealers, Trevor.  You can get genuine Jaguar parts from various sources and much cheaper than going to a main dealer.

There is an advantage living in Birmingham, where there are quite a few accessory shops who will get the genuine parts at a third of the price Jaguar charge.

Peter.

That is really really bad Tony, no offence but what if it had been a woman in that position stranded at the side of a dual carriageway for 7 hours? I know my wife would be in a total panic and I would not be an happy choppy. You are a man of great courage not raising your fist, I think I would have been locked up having gone through what you experienced, I hold you in esteem.

• Like 2

hi tony sorry to hear of your problems. if you paid for the black pack. then you are entitled for your money back, i would also contact Jaguar customer services asking for my money back. or contact the finance company and that the car is not fit for purpose ect see what happends .also make an appointment with a lawyer  get a letter. and send it to Jaguar uk asking for your money back. along the lines its not fit for purpose . basiclly take them to task. but the dealers are not all the same, their are some good ones , but not many. forgot to add contact your local cab office for free advice (sale of goods act) let us know how you get on.kind regards charlie

Peter,

I can well believe what you say about the part prices .

The owner of the independent garage I got the car serviced at said exactly the same thing . He used genuine Jaguar bits as not to invalidate the warranty, but said he could have got the exact same brake pads from the exact same company (i've forgotten their name but think it begins with "A") that supplies Jaguar, but two thirds Cheaper , he could not believe the mark up.

The whole bill for the service and brake pad renewal was £648 ( a lot higher because of the Jaguar bits ).

The only consolation is that I know that the car has been serviced properly and is running like a dream .

The labour charges alone if I had had it done at the stealership where I bought it would have been £614 .

Charlie, might give that number a ring myself

ATB,

Trevor 

P.S. Front wall nearly finished

trevor. i know you are happy with the service at the indi. but god thats very expensive. up here i can get mine serviced with Jaguar parts for half that. no kidding. and not because i know them. a lot of trades men put their prices up when they suspect the customer has a few quid. not long ago the dealer whom i bought my xk from offerd me a service at £180. i declined. not because of the price. but TRUST as i like to see it getting done with my own eyes. ps have now got the equipment to service it myself. as it will give me something to do. bored sitting about the house ect. but one the same subject our insignia was serviced before we got it. and i just had a look ther at the service book its stamped but no checks on the boxes ie filters ect to what has been done. so this chappie is off to them tomorrow service desk to ask. as i paid for 2years service in advance . charlie

tony spoke to HM the wife just a wile ago telling her of your probs.(shes worked in the finance sector for 30 years but took ill now retired) she said the gentelman is entitled to a full refund as well as costs&expencies. you have to get advice mate, then go for the kill. charlie

• Like 2

ps trevor is it hadrians wall as for the price you paid for that service i will come down next year service your car with Jaguar parts and have a nice holiday in a caravan in devon for that price. hope you do a nice breakie haha charlie

Charlie,

I know it is expensive ( you could buy Scotland for that),

But the reason is because they are all genuine Jaguar parts, all bought from Jaguar, brake pads, Oil and air filters, spark plugs, the Oil and everything else as not to invalidate the warranty , should anything major go wrong (not that I trust them over that), as stated on the post above the mark up is incredible. The next service will be a lot cheaper .

As I also said, I was lied to by the stealership, and the car hadn't been touched for over a year, can you imagine how much it would have cost if they had serviced it (the labour alone would have cost at least £614) ?

My service book had a stamp, and no other details in it, the dealership said they would look into it, and never did .

When the service light came on, I got in contact again, still no response.

Since the service I have written to both the dealership and Jaguar, and as of yet had not had a reply, but I will persist

I got caught for paying for services in advance, another con by the stealership just to make you go back to them .

At least I have now have it done properly, and all is back to normal, no more stealerships for me !

I haven't heard back yet from Jaguar, but intend pursuing them for compensation. Hate being lied to.

I am getting to the point where i dread the day I first walked into a stealership (a BMW) , my last six cars have been bought through them, and I have certainly paid through the nose !

I should have stuck with the old Mondeo, far cheaper and less hassle than the BMW's, Aston Martins, and Jags .

I would service the car myself but don't know how to, also with the wife being mentally ill (she is really ill at the moment) I do not have a lot of time to myself, so all these hassles I could well do without .

Just the builders to pay now !

ATB,

Trevor

Tony,

Next Wednesday to see Joan Armatrading , diesel and race in the same sentence I presume you jest ?

I was lent a XF 3 litre devil's fuel  when the Aston was in the garage (as usual) .Must admit I did like it

WIll be taking the father in law to lunch at the Seahorse in Shalford first, then back to Guildford for the concert. Might pop in to see my daughter in Croydon on the way home on Thursday

ATB,

Trevor

trevor the only reason i took out the service policy for the vauxhall was to  keep the warranty. but belive me when i get a bee in my bonnet. every filter in that car will be marked & Oil tested before it goes in to them for its service. and put up in ramps and all checked when it comes out. and god help arnold clark if one filter is missed. coz this little devil will stick his fork in arnolds A***.  AND IM NOT KIDDING . but trevor pursue the dealer over the service book& phone the number i got for Jaguar. and if need be get a lawyers letter off to them, and you are entitled to compo. for all your expenses as is tony. charlie

Charlie,

I will pursue it I can promise you that, it is a good job the garage is so far away otherwise I would get myself into trouble .

You do not need to get the car serviced at the dealership to keep the warranty, that is another myth they have the punters believe  .

ATB,

Trevor

i know trevor. like yourself i dont trust them. thats why im doing it myself. well i will try. hope tony phones Jaguar this morning to lodge his complaint. poor guy. i feel for him as i had same experience with bmw x5 should have sued them. oldest sons 325 is in for a full service today cost about £200. charlie

tend to agree trevor mercs are bland to and rubbish in the wet but better than the ultimate driving machine thats a laugh. the new mercs are a bit better inside but mercades are getting probs as well. and on that subject.  how is it that when a car maker brings out a new model they get probs with it. tonys f type is not the first ive heard off. not long a go one burst into flames  it seams to be the norm that the first 2-3 years that the newer model cars out today are full of probs for that time before the maker sorts the probs out. then 4years after that they churn out another NEW MODEL and it all starts again. trevor your right ive thought many a time of just buying an old banger. charlie