Jaguar XF remap

EddSwift

Morning Jag owners.

Just a quick introduction and to say hi as I am a new forum member.

I have just recently purchased my first Jag, to the shock and horror of my wife, she has stated I am to young (27) but I had to quickly dispel that myth and advise her she was Ill educated in the matter.

Having finally broken away from the hold Mercedes had on me, I took delivery of my new car and I have to say it is sublime. Why I didn't buy one sooner I will never know.

A little about the car..... Well, I decided I wanted something slightly different so I have chosen the following:

Jaguar XF 3.0 in a colour called Caviar... Wow what a colour in the light

Full black pack including Grill

20" Hydra Alloy Wheels in Gun Metal Grey

Very lightly tinted rear windows.

I will post pictures as soon as I have given her the 2nd polish in the last 12 days and the weather pics up, she is slightly dusty as I have just got back from Offshore so is getting the treatment today.

The question I have is, does anybody have any experience with remaps for the XF and if so who are the best, I don't want a plug and play box as I believe they just plays tricks with the ECU so was looking for a professional, progressive remap set up on a rolling road. I appreciate the XF is a quick car but was after that little bit more torque.

Eddie

hi and welcome can I first say never to young for a jag ok remap had it done on my touareg it did not make any difference to fuel but did to power wow big time  TREVOR

Hi Trevor,

Thanks for your response, Im slowly bringing the other half round to the decision, I think she is finally beginning to like them.

I'm really interested in your answer, do you know of any good quality tuners who should do a bespoke remap and rolling road print out as I don't just want a plug and play job.

I have just got off the phone with Paramount Performance and they said they could get an extra 50 bhp and 70 nm/torque which sounds nice. Only downside is they need my ecu for a couple of days.

Eddie

• 2 months later...

I have a 2014 Jaguar XJ 3.0D and have a Bluefin remap. It is very useful as it can be removed prior to servicing I would recommend this product as it is the second car I have installed there software.

Sorry for late reply but only just noticed your post.

• 4 weeks later...

I have a 2013 Jaguar XF 2.2d [200] and recently had a Bluefin remap. The bhp has been increased by 30bhp and the torque has been increased by 73nm. The results are outstanding and I cannot recommend this remap enough. The big plus is that the remap can be removed before taking you car into Jaguar for any warranty work or servicing work. You can then reinstall the Bluefin remap, once your car has been returned to you. 

hi edd welcome mate. if your car is the 3 0 v6 s then I wouldn't say it needed a re map as its 0-60 in 5.9sec sorry just logged on after our busiest day off the year and up to my eyes in it. but have to admit I myself could be interest on this blue fin re-map if members can give more details joe

Hi Joe.

The first place to start is to have a look at the following website: http://www.mybluefin.co.uk.

Here you can find out if your Jaguar is compatible, the expected increase in bhp and torque. The are very quick at returning emails so if you have any 'Questions' just drop them an email. I emailed and spoke with Graeme in their support team a number of times and he answered all my questions with ease. If you are still interested, then if you contact me via this Forum, I can give you further advice and a possible way to 'Reduce' the cost that is shown on their website. Good luck.....

• Like 1

I own a Jaguar XJ 3.0 D Portfolio and have the Bluefin remap, I have found the power increase and torque increase makes a huge difference to the car and would recommend this way of increasing power. Also it can be removed and reinstalled as many times as you like.

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

Hi, all.

I'm a new member and find this thread very interesting as I have been considering a Bluefin re-map for a while now. I have a 2014 (2015 model) XF 2.2D 200 Premium Luxury with extras. It's my first Jag and I really love it. There is only one thing that has ever grated slightly and it's the delay when accelerating, especially from standstill. It's reduced when using S rather than D, but is still there. That's why I have been considering a remap, not for any increase in power, although that would be a bonus. I would be interested in any comments on the effect the Bluefin has on this delay. Also, is it really a simple matter to remap the car with the Bluefin? Where does the diagnostic socket hide?

Cheers,

Ian

Hi Ian

I find the Bluefin for my 3.0D excellent and the company are very knowledgeable and helpful. I have no lag and the power increase is amazing without wrecking the engine. The ECU attachment is under the dashboard on the drivers side and is easily attached.

This is the third car I have remapped from Bluefin and the difference is all I have required making the car smoother and if driven normally slightly better fuel economy. If your not happy they will refund your money within a certain time frame.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Alan

Welcome to the club, Ian.

I have never considered remapping my S Type 2.7D as I find that SWMBO thinks I drive too quickly anyway.

That slight delay in acceleration does seem a bit common when the engine is cold -- the ZF auto gearbox does respond when the engine is warm, though.

I can't tell you where the diagnostic socket is on the XF, but the requirements are that it must be in reach of the driver.  On the S Type its is located on the left hand side of the driver footwell and that is probably where it is on the XF.

Regards,

Peter.

• 5 weeks later...

It makes no difference whether the map can be taken out or not! The XF ECU can only be 'Bluefin mapped' by removing the ECU opening it up and bypassing the Standard factory set parameters to enable the remapping. Normal Jaguar servicing even if they did for any reason reflash the ECU can not tell if it has been remapped. The problem arises if you blow up the engine or gearbox and Jaguar HQ technicians become involved as they will at 1st port of call ould be to remove the ECU to check its not been tampered with? 

If by choice then I would chose the Quantum Tuning remap over Bluefin which is cheaper than the bluefin + more BHP as it is individually wrote for each car! There red map will up a 240bhp to 300+ better mpg. and if the map is corrupted by Jaguar servicing there agents will remap for free. Plus they give a years engine warranty.

You may be interested in an email exchange I had with Superchips regarding a Bluefin for my 2015 model XF 2.2 200.

Cheers, 

Ian

'Hi Ian,

Thank you for your enquiry.

I can say 100% that we DO NOT have to remove the ECU, the whole process
is achieved through the OBD port on the Bluefin for the XF 2.2d 200PS.

The forum chaps are on to something - most other tuner's have to remove
the ECU to remap all flavours of the XF. As with everything on forums
though, worth taking with a pinch of salt and asking the source rather
than trusting hearsay. Some of the other XFs with different ECUs do
require the removal first to work with Bluefin, but not the 2.2d, which
is where your confusion on our website might arise. 

No worries, all hair intact - you've asked a reasonable question, and
hopefully my response is reasonable too :) If you have any further
questions please come back to me.

Best regards,
Graeme

--
Graeme Kendall

Superchips Ltd
2-18 Homestall
Buckingham Industrial Park
Buckingham
Bucks
MK18 1XJ
Tel: +44 (0)1280 816781 Extn: 630
http://www.superchips.co.uk
http://www.mybluefin.co.uk

-----Original Message-----

Sent: 18 January 2016 18:35
To: Sales
Subject: Bluefin for Jaguar XF 2.2D 200

Dear Superchips,

Are you able to confirm unequivocally that with the Bluefin I can
re-chip my XF WITHOUT removing, opening or touching the ECU? It is clear
that this is implied (stated even) on your website. People on the Jaguar
Owners Club website are still saying that physical removal of the ECU is
necessary. Sorry if this makes you want to tear your hair out!

Many thanks,
Ian Manning
iwm4@yahoo.co.uk

Sent from my iPhone 
--------------------------------------------------------

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error then please let the sender know immediately.  Please make sure that your system checks this email and any attachments for the presence of viruses - although we take all reasonable steps to ensure communications are virus-free, we can accept no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this email.

Superchips Ltd Registered Office: 2-18 Homestall, Buckingham Industrial Park, Buckingham, MK18 1XJ
Registered in England No: 1303145
VAT Reg. No: 196 1165 50

11 hours ago, Ian Manning said:

You may be interested in an email exchange I had with Superchips regarding a Bluefin for my 2015 model XF 2.2 200.

Cheers, 

Ian

'Hi Ian,

Thank you for your enquiry.

I can say 100% that we DO NOT have to remove the ECU, the whole process
is achieved through the OBD port on the Bluefin for the XF 2.2d 200PS.

The forum chaps are on to something - most other tuner's have to remove
the ECU to remap all flavours of the XF. As with everything on forums
though, worth taking with a pinch of salt and asking the source rather
than trusting hearsay. Some of the other XFs with different ECUs do
require the removal first to work with Bluefin, but not the 2.2d, which
is where your confusion on our website might arise. 

No worries, all hair intact - you've asked a reasonable question, and
hopefully my response is reasonable too :) If you have any further
questions please come back to me.

Best regards,
Graeme

--
Graeme Kendall

Superchips Ltd
2-18 Homestall
Buckingham Industrial Park
Buckingham
Bucks
MK18 1XJ
Tel: +44 (0)1280 816781 Extn: 630
http://www.superchips.co.uk
http://www.mybluefin.co.uk

-----Original Message-----

Sent: 18 January 2016 18:35
To: Sales
Subject: Bluefin for Jaguar XF 2.2D 200

Dear Superchips,

Are you able to confirm unequivocally that with the Bluefin I can
re-chip my XF WITHOUT removing, opening or touching the ECU? It is clear
that this is implied (stated even) on your website. People on the Jaguar
Owners Club website are still saying that physical removal of the ECU is
necessary. Sorry if this makes you want to tear your hair out!

Many thanks,
Ian Manning
iwm4@yahoo.co.uk

Sent from my iPhone 
--------------------------------------------------------

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error then please let the sender know immediately.  Please make sure that your system checks this email and any attachments for the presence of viruses - although we take all reasonable steps to ensure communications are virus-free, we can accept no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this email.

Superchips Ltd Registered Office: 2-18 Homestall, Buckingham Industrial Park, Buckingham, MK18 1XJ
Registered in England No: 1303145
VAT Reg. No: 196 1165 50

Stand corrected:whip: Yes your right all 4 pots use the Ford ECU..All 6-8 pots will need the to be ECU enabled

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎20‎/‎12‎/‎2015 at 10:10 AM, Ian Manning said:

Hi, all.

I'm a new member and find this thread very interesting as I have been considering a Bluefin re-map for a while now. I have a 2014 (2015 model) XF 2.2D 200 Premium Luxury with extras. It's my first Jag and I really love it. There is only one thing that has ever grated slightly and it's the delay when accelerating, especially from standstill. It's reduced when using S rather than D, but is still there. That's why I have been considering a remap, not for any increase in power, although that would be a bonus. I would be interested in any comments on the effect the Bluefin has on this delay. Also, is it really a simple matter to remap the car with the Bluefin? Where does the diagnostic socket hide?

Cheers,

Ian

Hi I'm new also and also have the 2.2 xf, mines the 193ps 2012 poverty spec one :D. I found a decent company up the line (I live in devon so anywhere is up the line to me) who promise 55bhp gains from a map aswell as a dpf and egr mod (cough cough). if you where interested I could pass you on, they are very well known and have a good reputation.

also have you looked into twin exit exhaust's like the v6's? I think its got to be done, the single exit really lets them down!

• 5 months later...

Hi,

I noticed that Ian Manning was looking at a Bluefin for his 2.2(200). I agree, a great car but the pull away from rest is FRIGHTENING! It crawls away from a roundabout and then kicks you in the back of the neck when the Turbo kicks in. My 2.2(200) comes out of warranty in a few months time so a simple question, did Ian get it done (or anyone else for that matter) and did it make a difference to the pull away from rest???

On 4/5/2015 at 9:02 AM, WatfordXFDriver said:

Hi Joe.

The first place to start is to have a look at the following website: http://www.mybluefin.co.uk.

Here you can find out if your Jaguar is compatible, the expected increase in bhp and torque. The are very quick at returning emails so if you have any 'Questions' just drop them an email. I emailed and spoke with Graeme in their support team a number of times and he answered all my questions with ease. If you are still interested, then if you contact me via this Forum, I can give you further advice and a possible way to 'Reduce' the cost that is shown on their website. Good luck.....

Reduced cost? that would be interesting too. But most important, what about the lag from a standing start on the 2.2(200)?

On 04/04/2015 at 2:04 PM, WatfordXFDriver said:

I have a 2013 Jaguar XF 2.2d [200] and recently had a Bluefin remap. The bhp has been increased by 30bhp and the torque has been increased by 73nm. The results are outstanding and I cannot recommend this remap enough. The big plus is that the remap can be removed before taking you car into Jaguar for any warranty work or servicing work. You can then reinstall the Bluefin remap, once your car has been returned to you. 

Hi Michael,

I am DESPERATE to know, does it in anyway resolve the terrible lag issue when pulling away from rest? It has plagued me from the day I bought the car and whilst the extra power and torque sound great, it is those first few yards that the car crawls away from a junction that I really need to try and fix.

BTW how much did it put up your insurance?

Thanks in anticipation.

Michael 

Hi Michael

I no longer have my Jaguar XF.

However, I can say that the Bluefin Re-Map did produce a noticeable change in the acceleration and torque of the XF.

From standstill, the lag was reduced dramatically, however, there was still a lag. albeit, only very slightly.

The great advantage of the Bluefin, is that you can remove the re-map at anytime and then put it back on at anytime.

It is a very flexible tool and I believe, you would be very happy with the results.

Hope the above helps with your decision making

Good luck

Michael