2011 Jaguar XFR...impressed.

decwright91

Hi All! Picked my pride and joy up on the 2nd January from Grange Jaguar in Swindon and I must say I've loved every second of owning it so far. Would also like to add that the customer service I recieved from the guys at Grange Jag was absolutely excellent, not sure if anyone else on here has dealt with them? Anyway about the car...

It's a 2011 XFR in Polaris white with the black pack and only 9000 miles on the clock. It's a fairly high spec example as it seems to have all the toys, reverse camera, bowers and Wilkins sound system etc. The wheels are slightly different to pics ive put below as they are now black to match the grill etc, would of preffered the Nevis style wheels ideally... I've put a few pictures below, would be nice to hear from some other XFR owners to hear their opinions on there's

imagejpg1_zps822bc2c5.jpg

imagejpg3_zpsf402367a.jpg

imagejpg4_zps3be0c4ca.jpg

imagejpg2_zps9d2731c1.jpg

I'm surprised to hear that Knightsmith, I really cannot fault any of the customer service, been top notch.

And yes, TJK, unfortunately this is my first Jag as I'm only 23! But my father has had a couple and currently owns a fairly low mileage XK8, so we're an all Jag family!

Declan,

They have been absolutely shocking, bought two Aston Martin DB9's and two Jags (a XJ Supersport, and an XKR ,both under two years old)) through them .

They are extremely expensive for parts and servicing, what ever you do don't buy a service plan off them . Use an independent garage for all your servicing and parts.

They are so bad (as are the Jaguar customer relations) I no longer own a Jag, and will never deal with the Grange again

ATB,

Trevor (the old one)

That really is dissapointing to hear, sounds like you may have been put off Jags due to some bad customer service. They did offer me a service plan for £30 a month or something like that, which I kindly declined.

And I completely agree with you regarding the old man stigma around the Jag brand, it's great to see that they are now being owned by a younger group of people. I do think Jaguar do really deserve more credit for the cars they build, especially with the new "R" models, the 5.0 Supercharged V8 really is a phenomenal engine.

Declan,

It isn't an old mans car at all, both of my jags had the V8 Supercharged engines, and both were faster than the DB9's .

The main thing I don't like about them is the computer stuff , had the breakdown service out three times in a year because of them .

But don't be put off by me, i'm sure you will get lots of enjoyment from the car .

My XJ Supersport:

http://www.jaguarownersclub.com/forums/gallery/image/389-car/

And my XKR:

http://www.jaguarownersclub.com/forums/gallery/image/567-02/

ATB,

Trevor

Both lovely cars there Trevor, I must admit I really like the look of the Supersport.

Regarding the technology in the new Jags, I'm in love with it all, i like the idea that you can control pretty much everything on the car from that one screen and I also think they offer so much more for your money than a few of the other luxury car brands.

I must admit I did contemplate getting a Mercedes C63 AMG before getting the Jag, the interior of the Jag is leaps and bounds ahead of the Merc and looks so much better, considering the C63 was an £80,000 car when new, I was shocked when I compared it to the standard £30,000 model and the interior looked pretty much exactly the same?! .

Also, the most powerful production C63 is only 507bhp, compared to the XFR's 510bhp, and the Merc being nearly £20,000 more expensive. Obviously the C63 is still a great car but I really don't see how they can justify the price tag.

So for the minute I'm still very much in love with Jag and even there customer service..for now.

Declan,

The computer stuff is fine until it goes wrong, which it did three times in a year on my jags, twice in two days in the XKR. I think they are trying to run before they can walk .

The Supersport was excellent, an ex directors car which they sold me after the Mangled my Aston,it had all the toys going in it, including a 1200 watt Bowers and Wilkins 20 speaker sound system, and three TV's.

only got rid of it because the wife said it was ugly, and it was too big for the Devon roads .

I now have A C63 AMG Edition 125 with the AMG performance pack, and they are not £80k, just under £60K new , it might have slightly less power than the Jag's 5 litre engines, but is faster, mark my word, although thirstier .

It took a bit of getting used to, but is by far the best car I have ever owned,and  it is far better built .

I might get the AMG GT when it comes out, but I shall see

Ask the Grange what their hourly rate is for a service, you will be shocked !

ATB,

Trevor

Age is a relative thing.  I don't feel old when I am driving, especially when a boy racer  flashes me when I am doing 70 on the A38 or the Motorway and I can leave him standing .

After all, I am not 81 till June!

Peter

I stand corrected! I was thinking of the Black Edition 63's which were a little closer to 80k when new if I remember right?

How did you find it comfort wise on long journeys etc compared to the jag? I remember Clarkson reviewing one and him saying that the ride was a little too firm?

Love the look of the new AMG GT, have they released any price figures for that yet?

Love that story also Peter, the modern big engined Jags do seem to fool a few people!

Peter,

81 isn't old,my IQ isn't even that ! and I can never understand where Jag get this "old man's car" thing from .

Also apart from the E type , I think your S type is probably my favourite looking Jag, (yours is the reason the wife hated the XJ Supersport so much).

I also like the look of the XKR and the F Type, don't like the look of the new XE type much.

It is also stacked with computeristaion , which is not neceseraliy a good thing, and I think it is the weak spot in the Jags , apart from some cheap components used which have been pointed out in other posts, and I think have since been rectified .

The most irritating thing with (most) newer cars is the lack of a spare wheel ( who's bright idea was that tin of gunk and a compresser?), and a dipstick !

ATB,

Trevor

Declan,

I agree with the black editons, which are silly money (£100k and not £80), and I can't understand why either .

The ride isn't too bad in the AMG, although firmer than the XFR .

The AMG GT start at £80K for the three litre , rising to £120K for the 5 litre supercharged thing .

Peter is a bit of a speed freak, he has even been done for speeding on a bicycle, and on a tandem; now that is just sheer class !

A lot of saloon cars fool people, as you will find out with your XF-R, which will leave an Aston DB9 standing !

ATB,

Trevor

That really is ridiculous, another £40k on top of the original C63 is just ludicrous. It's good to hear that the ride isnt "unbearable", which is how Clarkson was decribing it to be, but then again he does like to exaggerate things a little.

£80k for the 3 litre?! And £120k for the 5 litre?! Jesus those prices are eye watering, but as eye watering as the price may be, I would still have to go for the 5 litre, If your going to do someone might aswell do it properly!

Any idea what sort of power figures they will be making? If it's £80k for the 3 litre model then the power figures must be quite impressive.

I think we all must be speed freaks, no one owns a 5 litre V8 car unless they enjoy the speed! As I said earlier I've loved every minute of driving my jag so far and I don't intend on getting bored of it anytime soon!

Declan,

Got the figures slightly wrong about the AMG GT, but it's only money !

The new 2015 Mercedes AMG GT supercar is available to order now, with prices starting at £97,195 and rising to £122,745 .

Luckily my best friends wife works at a Mercedes dealership up North in Derby, and can sort me cars out at cost, it was her that sorted my present one with all the extras

http://www.evo.co.uk/news/evonews/292237/mercedes_amg_gt_coupe_specs_pictures_and_prices.html

The top model does 0-62 in 3.6 seconds .

Personally I don't take any notice of Clarkson,he said the same thing about the F Types ride being very harsh, or Top Gear which is a totally pointless show . It is all geared (half hearted pun intended) around the presenters and not the cars .

This used to be my local "toy shop" when I used to live in civilistation, it has moved a few miles up the road now .

http://www.romansinternational.com/

Peter,

My spare wheel is only one of those space saver jobs, but it's better than not having one. I beleive it is down to us senior peeps to bring back certain standards such as spare wheels, dipsticks, cuff links, and loose tea !

ATB,

Trevor

Trevor,

Clarkson spent a long time telling people about the Ford supercar he had ordered at a cost of £250k which turned out to be a complete lemon, and which he quietly got rid of after several occasions when the engine completely shut down after telling him that the car had been stolen when he was actually driving it.

My s type also has a dipstick which I think does not give me a correct reading.  The engine was replaced by Jaguar at 21,000 miles and I feel that the dipstick tube what not put on correctly.  But the car tells me that the Oil level is OK and I use Castrol Magnatec.

Peter.

Peter,

A dipstick is still far better than all the messing around you have to do with the computer.

I find Clarkson very irritating, that Ford GT40 that you were on about used to be built for racing at a place next door to me when I lived in Byfleet , Surrey. Alan Man racing .

Also, Clarkson gives all decent northerners a bad name.

ATB,

Trevor