Top Gear

Like the programme or loathe it, I offer my apologies due to the fact I like the show and find it very entertaining. What are we going to do without it? Yes there are other show like DIY SOS restoring cars or Quinton's feeble effort but nobody comes up to Clarkson, Hammond or Mays standard.

• Like 1

poor acting they play for the camera and if you belive that they sleep in the cars or in a tent wen on location to Australia ect then see your doctor. they even have one off them with them when on location plus loads of plush trailers and staff as ive said before prima donnas

The fake scripting/arguments and scenarios (crashing into property "accidentally" etc) have been negatives for me. But I've always loved the programme. Nothing lasts forever, and nobody is getting any younger. I'm sure there's a more dynamic team, more entertaining and talented ready to take the format forwards. Fingers crossed they don't plump for James Corden. 

Hate the show, makes a mockery of thousands of manufacturing workers in this country just to fill Clarksons and the other two idiots egos.

Like Quentins show as it actually looks at the cars of our history, rather than "what's the fastest most expensive car we can joyride in?" Thats all Top Gear is today

I for one won't miss it if it goes

hi to workman &r6000ch for reply s . Richard says it all fake acting scripts ect to much time spent on looking at super cars should be looking more on the cars on the streets that we all drive , and reporting on advice and common problems and how to fix . that would be a big hit

• Like 1

I was shocked to find out that Clarkson is only 54 years old, when he talks about cars he had when a young man they would equal that of which I had and I'm 60 next birthday.

• 11 months later...

People seem to forget that Top Gear is 'entertainment' so of course its scripted and the stunts and crashes are set up but its still entertaining.  I would imagine the percentage of viewers who watch for genuine car information is quite low.  Personally I cant wait for it to start again on Amazon Prime, it'll be well worth the 70 odd quid to me by the time I've used all the free delivery for stuff as well. 

I think the BBC dropped a big one by letting this one go, I just cant see the new line up of BBC Top Gear presenters being as entertaining (except perhaps Sabine Shmidt!!) or developing the same camaraderie that Jezzer, May and Hamster seem to have.

• Like 1

Hi Kevin

Like you say -Top Gear was entertainment and like you I don't believe the new presenters will bring it off .

Not like Jezzer, May and Hamster they made it worth watching with there fun goings on .

Frank

• Like 1

The BBC did not have a  choice about sacking Clarkson, and if the matter had gone to an Employment Tribunal the decision would have gone in favour of the BBC.

Why they coughed up a large amount of money I don't know. The BBC Personnel Department must have been totally inept.

Peter.

As mentioned by Kevin, the show was all about entertainment and nothing else, which i agree they were very good at. I also have amazon prime so will be watching the new series ( that has been given a massive budget) when it arrives.

I still feel i have to add this note though. I always found clarkson funny, entertaining and forthright with his views which i like. Now though, since finding out that he lost his rag and got violent over a food mix up i do feel he is a bit of a jumped up diva and a bit of a nobhead.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Join The Club

Join the Jaguar Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

• Topics

• Our picks

• Simply Jaguar show at Beaulieu - Sunday 23rd June 2024
      Jaguar Owners Club have a stand at this year's Simply Jaguar event at the National Motor Museum at Beaulieu, Hampshire on Sunday 23rd June 2024

Tickets are available online here: https://www.beaulieu.co.uk/events/simply-jaguar/
      • 1 reply
    • JAGUAR’S LAST PETROL SPORTS CAR: F-TYPE ZP EDITION TAKES THE CHEQUERED FLAG
      Jaguar is commemorating the end of its internal combustion sports car lineage in 2024 with an exclusive limited-edition F-TYPE inspired by two iconic 1960s racing E-types

Just 150 examples of the F-TYPE ZP Edition will be the last internal combustion-engined sports cars designed by Jaguar. These 575PS supercharged petrol V8 F-TYPEs feature specially curated interior and exterior details by the personalisation experts at SV Bespoke.
    • UPDATE SHOW INFORMATION !

Please find attached your club label – please can this be distributed amongst your club members prior to the event. Please ensure that they print this label and display it in their windscreen upon entry to the event, this ensures that all members wishing to park within your club area are directed to the correct parking location by our stewards. Please do not modify or add logos to the club label.

We do ask that all individuals have purchased their tickets on an individual basis in advance via our website, to speed up the entry process on the day. This can be done on our website here until 2pm on the day when admission closes: https://www.beaulieu.co.uk/events/simply-jaguar.

Note that we do have two entrances available, one is exhibitors gate at the bottom of the hill as you come in to Beaulieu, with the other being the normal Simply event entrance within the attraction. Either entrance is fine to use and both are open from 9.00am, with the exhibitors entrance closing around 11am.

Jaguar Owners Club (1).pdf
    • Simply Jaguar - Beaulieu Motor Museum - 25th June 2023
      Jaguar Owners Club have a stand at this years Simply Jaguar event at the National Motor Museum at Beaulieu, Hampshire on Sunday 26th June 2023

Tickets are available online here: https://www.beaulieu.co.uk/events/simply-jaguar/

TICKETS & PRICES
      Participant prices are only valid if arriving in a Jaguar and taking part in the rally. They are not valid for those arriving on foot.

Participants can make the most of our EARLY BIRD discount by booking before 28th February 2023.

Children under 5 require a ticket, this can be booked online free of charge.

Participant and visitor tickets will include entrance to the rest of the Beaulieu attraction, including the National Motor Museum, Palace House, Little Beaulieu, World of Top Gear, Beaulieu Abbey and its grounds and gardens.

The best time for viewing the Simply rally is between 10am and 2pm.

Adult

Child

Participants – Early Bird*

£14.00

£7.50

Participants – Standard & On The Day

£16.00

£8.00

Visitors

Normal admission applies.

Normal admission applies

*Early bird tickets are available until 28th February 2023

VEHICLE ENTRY
      Entry with your Jaguar is from 9am – 2pm. Please make sure you have your ticket printed or available on your phone, ready to be scanned on arrival.

Please do not arrive early for our Simply rallies as no facilities will be open prior to 9:30am.

Cars cannot leave and re-enter the grounds for the Simply rallies.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

CLUB STAND ATTENDEE LIST

We do ask for a final update on numbers 2 weeks prior to the event following which we will send out club labels to you via email for you to then distribute out to club members. Club members then need to print and display these in their windscreen on arrival. This helps us then park you all in your club area together.

1. Trevor (admin)
      2.  Paj

• 5 replies
    • F-TYPE marks 75 years of Jaguar sports cars and its final model year update
      The Jaguar F-TYPE is the definitive Jaguar sports car from a rich bloodline spanning 75 years and including some of the most iconic models ever built

Forums

News

Membership