well, bit the bullet !!

ven

just left a deposit on this, collect next week  ;-) cant wait  !!

1_1.png

2_1.png

Capture_22.png

3_1.png

4_1.png

Capture_23.png

its a x type 2.0D SE, got  74 ,500 on the clock as you can see , 8 stamps in the book & mint condition, its going on as a taxi, drives excellent , 56 plate , 12 months mot , ( although thats not a issue realy, i will have to pay £280 for a council mot ) , full leather & all the bells & whistles :lol: , cant wait to collect it , (1st  jag , no option when signing up for none chose f type, changed now ;-) ) looking for some cheap temp insurance ( about 5 days ) so i can drive it while im waiting for my taxi test, just hope the boot space is ok, its deep, not high though , its a realy nice, tidy   motor, one thing i was wondering has anyone fitted a DAB transmitter or radio? i only listen to talk sport & 5 live & thay are on AM  sadly

Hi Gary-- she looks in great condition and I like the colour + low milage I would say that points to a

careful owner in the past so I wish you happy motoring I love my X Type and I'm sure you will your's.

Frank

• Like 1

You can get AM on the radio mate I have Talksport on all the time too. Looks a lovely car mate in good condition, enjoy!

not the best quality though is it , i hope i will enjoy it anyway ( something nice to drive about when off work, or sitting about in while at work :lol:  ) anyone took a headlight to bits ? fancy these & dont know if it will be a big job

I think there are those who have changed headlights on the S Type, Gary, and they appear to be quite easy.

I know little about the X Type, though.

Peter.

thanks for the reply mate , it went" !Removed! up" so now collecting it tomorrow evening ( bloke works away & had to stay a while longer ) one thing i didn't check , might sound silly but does anyone know if this model has a rear courtesy light ? ( please say yes !!)

well, got her home , drives like a dream, one problem though , when we parked up the central locking didn't seem to work , i opened the car with the fob, ( all doors opened) we jumped in drove home & the doors locked by themselves, ( i thought i had just knocked the lever to lock or something ), when we got home , we tried the door handles to open  but they were locked, so i took the fob out , pressed open , they sounded like they opened but were still locked, is there a sequence or something to lock/unlock these cars ? would appreciate a answer asap if poss, its getting tested for a taxi soon & will be no good if the punters cant get out :lol:

Hi Gary,

I have kicked this around in my mind for a couple of days without getting an answer.

I think it is something to do with the key fob losing its connection with the locking system, and might need reprogramming.

Don't go to a main dealer but if you google around you will find an auto locksmith close to you or even a mobile one.

This fault can happen if the batteries in the fob have been dead for a while and then have been replaced.

Good luck,

Peter.

Hi Gary

This is how my locking system works====

From all doors locked when parked.

The fob.

1 press on the unlock button and the drivers door unlocks .

2nd press the passenger door unlocks

3rd press and all doors + boot unlock.

Boot can be unlocked on its own with the bottom right hand button.

when everyones in and you drive away at about 5 mph all doors lock on there own

to stop any one getting in.

When you stop the drivers and pasengers door will open from the inside once they

have been opened the other doors and boot can be opened.

When parked -to lock all doors+ boot - press red button -Top Left once .

If you press something wrong the alarm will go off :huh:  if you do get the key in the ignition 

as soon as possible to stop it > ??? :D :D

Frank

Hi Gary

This is how my locking system works====

From all doors locked when parked.

The fob.

1 press on the unlock button and the drivers door unlocks .

2nd press the passenger door unlocks

3rd press and all doors + boot unlock.

Boot can be unlocked on its own with the bottom right hand button.

when everyones in and you drive away at about 5 mph all doors lock on there own

to stop any one getting in.

When you stop the drivers and pasengers door will open from the inside once they

have been opened the other doors and boot can be opened.

When parked -to lock all doors+ boot - press red button -Top Left once .

If you press something wrong the alarm will go off :huh:  if you do get the key in the ignition 

as soon as possible to stop it > ??? :D :D

Frank

thanks for the reply mate, its going in stradstones on monday to get that auto -locking  removed ;-)

update anyway, took it to stradstones & a smashing lad called jason knocked off the auto locking & re programmed my fob, everything is sweet now, cost ? nothing :lol: