cdc

v8imaging

i am looking to fit a cdc to my s type 2.7 v6 D 2005, trouble is, i have no idea which one i need and if it will even connect to my cd player  :blink: ........can anyone help me with this please ?

I went through this process a month ago :)

It was simple, quick and painless.

You will have the D2B fibre optic setup. You will need a suitable D2B cable to link in your CDC. These can either be bought from fleabay or, as in my case, constructed from the cables already available if you have, for example, Jaguar Voice, Sat Nav, CD etc.

D2B is a loop setup and so the modules need to be connected in sequence, which is easy enough to follow once you know which D2B modules you have.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/JAGUAR-S-TYPE-2-7-04-RADIO-CD-PLAYER-CD-CHANGER-1X43-18C830-AC-XJ-X350-XJ6-XJ8-/171749110659?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item27fd0b7383

Above is an example of the CDC you need. Look for one from a later S Type or X Type, post 2004, which will have the D2B connector on the back.

If you don't have the Sat Nav in the boot you will need to get the mounting bracket as well.

There is a possibility that you might need a trip to a dealer to get the CDC enabled but I certainly didn't as it worked perfectly as soon as it was installed. Took me less than an hour start to finish.

Hopefully that is enough info to get you started. Give me a shout if you need any more :)

found this on flea bay 

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2004-Jaguar-X-type-4-way-Fibre-Optic-D2B-Cable-Link-Lead-/381115237483?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item58bc3d046b

i assume this will suffice ?

looking at blue tooth as well, don't suppose you have any ideas on that one ?

If you're not wanting to make your own cable to suit, you'll require one with just sufficient connectors for your needs. This depends upon what modules you have fitted already.

The lead you linked to, if it is a four way, would be required if, for example, you had CDC, Sat Nav and phone modules in the boot. The photo in that link, apparently a library picture, shows the simplest D2B lead. That would be ideal to build into your existing D2B network if you are happy pulling the connectors apart etc, which is what I did :)

As for bluetooth, do you mean telephone or audio?

Can you say what kit you already have in your car please Barry?  :)

The bluetooth telephone system on cars of our model year consists of a microphone, bluetooth module under the centre console and  the portable support electronic unit which is mounted on the rear of the Kaiser panel in the boot. You can see the layout quite clearly in the JEPC (Jaguar Electronic Parts Catalogue) image. It also tells you the part numbers required based upon your VIN number as well. If you don't yet have a copy of the JEPC, let me know ;)

Mine was already fitted so I don't know if the wiring loom is incorporated in the car. The D2B wiring would be easy as you would just need to incorporate the PSE unit and the  CDC in the loop.

If you are only going to fit the CDC for now, I'd say that the D2B loom that you found with the protective cover on it would be sufficient. I would have thought it should have a termination loop on it though, to maintain the integrity of the D2B network, which you would disconnect and replace with the CDC.

The supporting bracket will also have to be on your shopping list Barry. I have seen some CDCs which also have the bracket included for less than £60 on fleabay. The CDC is common to S Type and X Type (and possibly others) but the brackets are specific to the car.

Barry, I've just checked the official installation instructions for Bluetooth telephone in an S Type and it appears that the loom is in place, no extra wiring required :)

it gets better all the time  :D  a copy of the JEPC would be good, i can then identify which bits i need for bluetooth

just bought a cdc and bracket off flea bay, it seems the plastic thing on the harness acts as a loop  :) just need the blue tooth kit now !

Did you get all the data I sent you via WeTransfer Barry?

Also, this is what you need for the bluetooth connection in your car:-

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Jaguar-S-type-X-type-X350-Bluetooth-Phone-Interface-Module-Microphone-BTUM-/141648090580?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item20fae255d4

As a matter of interest, I bought an identical kit from the same supplier and he accepted £140 ;)

Yep, got the blue tooth kit for 100 quid, cdc for 80 quid, bracket for cdc etc for 29 quid and a four way cable for 30 quid.?...just waiting for it all to arrive, thinking of the voice thing now !

a blody ford with a new dress feeling !Removed! off. think of dumping it

Ford Technology is pretty good, and Jaguar were rather clever in using a very well used tried and proven engine in their cars.  Not many cars have an engine made by the company whose name is one the bonnet of their cars.

The makers of the Aston Martin use Ford engines, and Rolls Royce used to use Buick engines.  In their early days Morgan used to use the Vincent twin cylinder V2 engine, and I believe that TVR use Ford engines too.

There are not many car manufactures who make their own parts   ---   there are bits of cars made in very different companies across the whole of the West Midlands. 

Manufacturers assemble cars made from parts other companies make.  Have you ever seen a tyre with Rolls Royce on the side?

Regards.

Peter.

Erm... sorry chaps. Have I missed something here?

I thought this thread was to do with CDC?

Correct, Paul, and I would remind members to try not to deviate from the subject under discussion. There is no objection to the content of posts, but it is much better to start a new topic than to move too far away from the topic in question.

Regards,

Peter.

So there are no spare D2B connectors Barry?

If not, that's fine and your lack of CDC will almost certainly be down to a visit to a dealer or independent.

If there are any spare D2B connectors, they will need terminating to maintain the integrity of the D2B network loop.

• 4 weeks later...