Any help please?

Uncle David

I have a 52 plate 2.5 V6 X-Type AWD Saloon with Sat Nav. Today I nipped down to the corner shop and on the way back, the EMS light came on, the air con is not working and there's no blower, demisters, heated screen, or rear demist. On the small LCD below the screen, there is the clock displayed, but there is no outside temp display or climate control temp, so it looks like nothing is working. No lights on any of the buttons. Everything else seems to be working on the car.

If you select climate control on the touch screen, it says "Communications Failure - Please consult your dealer".

I've checked fuses and swapped the aircon relay with the horn relay (seem to be the same) but no fault found.

Can anyone please offer advice as I don't have Mongoose etc.

My thanks in advance.

sorry David i am a little bit out of my depth with electrics so i cant help you but now you have the codes someone will shout out soon i hope and give you you some idea what the problem is if you havnt find out for yourself already  

sorry i cant help 

regards Ron 

Thanks Guardian. I need to recheck the fuses and earths tonight but have a nasty feeling that the Remote Climate Control Module thingy may have given up the ghost. There's a few on Fleabay but trying to identify the right one is a problem since nobody seems to be quoting the Jaguar 2SC XXXX part numbers.

Hey-ho, we soldier on!

Update:

Interestingly, I checked fuses 75, 80 &99 tonight in the glovebox fuse box and discovered fuse 75 (7.5A) had blown. This supplies power to the folding mirrors module (I don't have) battery backup sounder (don't know about) and the Climate Control ECU. Seems the ECU is duff.

Rule 1 then, is not to try doing diagnosis whilst suffering man-flu.

Ordered a replacement from fleabay today. Will fit and feedback the results (after carrying out further voltage/continuity checks).

hi David

man flu is never good at anytime so to speak

glad you got to the bottom of the cars problem and hope all gets sorted out soon for you/car & sorry i couldn't help you out any further 

regards Ron  

Well, sad to report, the plot thickens. Replaced the RCCM and After about 2 seconds, fuse 75 blows again. I understand the fuse feeds pins 1 and 14 of IP101 of the RCCM, but it also feed the Active Security Sounder? I can't seem to locate that on the car, but obviously something is dragging the power to earth, but not instantly....it's around 2-3 seconds. The fuse is 7.5A, so that's a lot of current.

Any ideas again, much appreciated.

Thanks

No worries guys....I analysed the electrical diagrams last night and it would appear that one (of the 3) supply lines from F25 does feed the Active Security Sounder, or as I would call it, the Alarm sounder unit, which is under the near side front bumper area. I aim to disconnect this, replace the fuse and then see if the fuse still blows.

This fault is quite perplexing, since a fault in the alarm unit, which is in a vulnerable area to water etc, seems to result in the loss of all these systems! Driving without demisters, heater blowers, air con, etc etc is not very acceptable I feel. If this is indeed the fault, I am tempted to re-wire the alarm unit to a separate fuse, thus leaving these other systems on their own dedicated fuse.

(I managed to write all this without allowing my son to configure my iPad sell chekerz!)

Sorted.

Finally managed to get the time today and jacked the nearside up and removed the front tyre. Removing the wheel arch liner was not easy since the screws were all corroded. Anyway, I disconnected the Alarm unit, replaced F25 in the glove box and hey presto! Full aircon, blower etc. Normal service resumed....except no alarm.

I just need to get a replacement alarm unit now and reset the engine light.

A final sting in the tail. On fitting the road wheel and tightening the nuts finger tight, I began to lower the jack. Suddenly, the car dropped to the floor. Seems the threaded retainer on the scissor jack had failed! This is rather worrying. I wonder if any other members have had this problem?? My jack looks like new and even though the car is 12 years old, I wouldn't have thought it would fail like that?

Anyhow, best find that alarm unit.

Cheers all!

David

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Join The Club

Join the Jaguar Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

• Topics

• Our picks

• Simply Jaguar show at Beaulieu - Sunday 23rd June 2024
      Jaguar Owners Club have a stand at this year's Simply Jaguar event at the National Motor Museum at Beaulieu, Hampshire on Sunday 23rd June 2024

Tickets are available online here: https://www.beaulieu.co.uk/events/simply-jaguar/
      • 1 reply
    • JAGUAR’S LAST PETROL SPORTS CAR: F-TYPE ZP EDITION TAKES THE CHEQUERED FLAG
      Jaguar is commemorating the end of its internal combustion sports car lineage in 2024 with an exclusive limited-edition F-TYPE inspired by two iconic 1960s racing E-types

Just 150 examples of the F-TYPE ZP Edition will be the last internal combustion-engined sports cars designed by Jaguar. These 575PS supercharged petrol V8 F-TYPEs feature specially curated interior and exterior details by the personalisation experts at SV Bespoke.
    • UPDATE SHOW INFORMATION !

Please find attached your club label – please can this be distributed amongst your club members prior to the event. Please ensure that they print this label and display it in their windscreen upon entry to the event, this ensures that all members wishing to park within your club area are directed to the correct parking location by our stewards. Please do not modify or add logos to the club label.

We do ask that all individuals have purchased their tickets on an individual basis in advance via our website, to speed up the entry process on the day. This can be done on our website here until 2pm on the day when admission closes: https://www.beaulieu.co.uk/events/simply-jaguar.

Note that we do have two entrances available, one is exhibitors gate at the bottom of the hill as you come in to Beaulieu, with the other being the normal Simply event entrance within the attraction. Either entrance is fine to use and both are open from 9.00am, with the exhibitors entrance closing around 11am.

Jaguar Owners Club (1).pdf
    • Simply Jaguar - Beaulieu Motor Museum - 25th June 2023
      Jaguar Owners Club have a stand at this years Simply Jaguar event at the National Motor Museum at Beaulieu, Hampshire on Sunday 26th June 2023

Tickets are available online here: https://www.beaulieu.co.uk/events/simply-jaguar/

TICKETS & PRICES
      Participant prices are only valid if arriving in a Jaguar and taking part in the rally. They are not valid for those arriving on foot.

Participants can make the most of our EARLY BIRD discount by booking before 28th February 2023.

Children under 5 require a ticket, this can be booked online free of charge.

Participant and visitor tickets will include entrance to the rest of the Beaulieu attraction, including the National Motor Museum, Palace House, Little Beaulieu, World of Top Gear, Beaulieu Abbey and its grounds and gardens.

The best time for viewing the Simply rally is between 10am and 2pm.

Adult

Child

Participants – Early Bird*

£14.00

£7.50

Participants – Standard & On The Day

£16.00

£8.00

Visitors

Normal admission applies.

Normal admission applies

*Early bird tickets are available until 28th February 2023

VEHICLE ENTRY
      Entry with your Jaguar is from 9am – 2pm. Please make sure you have your ticket printed or available on your phone, ready to be scanned on arrival.

Please do not arrive early for our Simply rallies as no facilities will be open prior to 9:30am.

Cars cannot leave and re-enter the grounds for the Simply rallies.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

CLUB STAND ATTENDEE LIST

We do ask for a final update on numbers 2 weeks prior to the event following which we will send out club labels to you via email for you to then distribute out to club members. Club members then need to print and display these in their windscreen on arrival. This helps us then park you all in your club area together.

1. Trevor (admin)
      2.  Paj

• 5 replies
    • F-TYPE marks 75 years of Jaguar sports cars and its final model year update
      The Jaguar F-TYPE is the definitive Jaguar sports car from a rich bloodline spanning 75 years and including some of the most iconic models ever built

Forums

News

Membership