Few questions!

Benj

Hi guys,

I bought myself a grey 2006 2.0d X-Type SE a couple of weeks ago. Love it so far!

Just a few questions though, I've got the built in touch screen display with sat nav. However I was just wondering if there was any to install an auxiliary lead? Or any way of connecting my iPod to play music without an FM Transmitter?

Also, are CD Changers cheap to pick up and install? Surprisingly can't find one in the car!

Hi Ben, and welcome to the club.

Paul has pointed you in the right direction.

I am surprised that there isn't a CD changer in the car, although it could have been an optional extra.  I did have one in my 2005 X type.

Regards,

Peter.

Thanks for the replies guys.

The car seems to have all the extras, other than the CD changer and electric folding mirrors!

The Audio Connectivity Modules seem to be around £200+, quite pricey! Are there any other routes to installing an aux input?

It also has a Bury hands free kit in, which has a 'music' option, which does play the music on my phone but not through the car radio/speakers? Is it at all possible to use the Bury hands free kit for this use? Just I have no instructions for it and I wondered if anyone with previous experience would know.

Thanks,

Ben

There's no way to get into the D2B fibre optic audio chain other than the ACM Ben. They are expensive, if you can find one for £200 you have a bargain :)

Can you let me know where they are available for that price please Ben? One of my colleagues is after one but refuses to pay £380.

One advantage of using the ACM is, all of your audio, sat nav, phone, Jaguar Voice etc are connected together so the iPod becomes integral with the rest of the system, therefore controllable ( up to a point) from the touchscreen. If, as you say, the car has all the extras it will have the built-in hands free.

Presumably you have the sat nav DVD player in the boot? If so, connecting a CDC is simple B)

No experience with your handsfree kit Ben so can't comment.

What I will say though, and bear in mind please that music preferences are necessarily subjective, is that I heard an iPod being used via an FM transmitter in another S Type and I have to say that I wouldn't have the thing in my car under any circumstances. Don't forget, only my subjective opinion :lol:

BTW, are you sure your car doesn't have powerfolding mirrors? The reason I ask is that I didn't realize I had them on my car until I obtained a Jaguar priintout of my car's original spec.

How do the powerfolding mirrors operate? I thought it was from a button near where the electric mirrors are controlled from?

I have the DVD player in the boot, so like you say, the CDC should be simple to fit. I'll try and find one for a reasonable price. 

Also, I can't seem to find the ACM for £200 now, I can only presume I found one for a newer Jaguar, because they seem to be priced more reasonably for the newer cars. Upon searching again the only genuine brand new one is £385! I'll keep an eye out on eBay and see if anything pops up there.

I agree about the FM Transmitters. I'd rather burn everything to CD and play my music that way!

power folding mirrors operate with a button which is located in front of your electric window switches, also operate by pressing the lock button twice on your key.

Cheers! I definitely don't have the powerfolding mirrors!  

It's tempting, but I imagine it'll be a bit of a hassle to do. I'm not too fussed about it to be honest! 

If my S Type hadn't had powerfolds I was going to have to retrofit them as my garage door is only just wide enough with both mirrors folded :D

Plus I like the way they fold in and out automatically when I lock and unlock the car :rolleyes:

My next retro-fit is 16 way heated seats :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Join The Club

Join the Jaguar Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

• Topics

• Our picks

• Simply Jaguar show at Beaulieu - Sunday 23rd June 2024
      Jaguar Owners Club have a stand at this year's Simply Jaguar event at the National Motor Museum at Beaulieu, Hampshire on Sunday 23rd June 2024

Tickets are available online here: https://www.beaulieu.co.uk/events/simply-jaguar/
      • 1 reply
    • JAGUAR’S LAST PETROL SPORTS CAR: F-TYPE ZP EDITION TAKES THE CHEQUERED FLAG
      Jaguar is commemorating the end of its internal combustion sports car lineage in 2024 with an exclusive limited-edition F-TYPE inspired by two iconic 1960s racing E-types

Just 150 examples of the F-TYPE ZP Edition will be the last internal combustion-engined sports cars designed by Jaguar. These 575PS supercharged petrol V8 F-TYPEs feature specially curated interior and exterior details by the personalisation experts at SV Bespoke.
    • UPDATE SHOW INFORMATION !

Please find attached your club label – please can this be distributed amongst your club members prior to the event. Please ensure that they print this label and display it in their windscreen upon entry to the event, this ensures that all members wishing to park within your club area are directed to the correct parking location by our stewards. Please do not modify or add logos to the club label.

We do ask that all individuals have purchased their tickets on an individual basis in advance via our website, to speed up the entry process on the day. This can be done on our website here until 2pm on the day when admission closes: https://www.beaulieu.co.uk/events/simply-jaguar.

Note that we do have two entrances available, one is exhibitors gate at the bottom of the hill as you come in to Beaulieu, with the other being the normal Simply event entrance within the attraction. Either entrance is fine to use and both are open from 9.00am, with the exhibitors entrance closing around 11am.

Jaguar Owners Club (1).pdf
    • Simply Jaguar - Beaulieu Motor Museum - 25th June 2023
      Jaguar Owners Club have a stand at this years Simply Jaguar event at the National Motor Museum at Beaulieu, Hampshire on Sunday 26th June 2023

Tickets are available online here: https://www.beaulieu.co.uk/events/simply-jaguar/

TICKETS & PRICES
      Participant prices are only valid if arriving in a Jaguar and taking part in the rally. They are not valid for those arriving on foot.

Participants can make the most of our EARLY BIRD discount by booking before 28th February 2023.

Children under 5 require a ticket, this can be booked online free of charge.

Participant and visitor tickets will include entrance to the rest of the Beaulieu attraction, including the National Motor Museum, Palace House, Little Beaulieu, World of Top Gear, Beaulieu Abbey and its grounds and gardens.

The best time for viewing the Simply rally is between 10am and 2pm.

Adult

Child

Participants – Early Bird*

£14.00

£7.50

Participants – Standard & On The Day

£16.00

£8.00

Visitors

Normal admission applies.

Normal admission applies

*Early bird tickets are available until 28th February 2023

VEHICLE ENTRY
      Entry with your Jaguar is from 9am – 2pm. Please make sure you have your ticket printed or available on your phone, ready to be scanned on arrival.

Please do not arrive early for our Simply rallies as no facilities will be open prior to 9:30am.

Cars cannot leave and re-enter the grounds for the Simply rallies.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

CLUB STAND ATTENDEE LIST

We do ask for a final update on numbers 2 weeks prior to the event following which we will send out club labels to you via email for you to then distribute out to club members. Club members then need to print and display these in their windscreen on arrival. This helps us then park you all in your club area together.

1. Trevor (admin)
      2.  Paj

• 5 replies
    • F-TYPE marks 75 years of Jaguar sports cars and its final model year update
      The Jaguar F-TYPE is the definitive Jaguar sports car from a rich bloodline spanning 75 years and including some of the most iconic models ever built

Forums

News

Membership