Windows 10 upgrade

Has anybody installed the Windows 10 upgrade yet please?

I seem to have developed a folder called $Windows.~BT of some 5GB in size with what appears to be a Windows installation inside but I've had no instructions to run the setup.

I wouldn't bother Paul, await the bugs to be ironed out and read the reviews first. I recall installing Windows 8 on my old Sony Vio when it first came out and it ruined my laptop, I was forced to reformat it. Normally you would find a file like install.executive within the folder which would install it if you wished to proceed.

I ask my son that question the other day as every time I turn the descktop on it has been poping up update to windows 10, son told me to check it out on youtube. will prob have a look at weekend

I only have Apple products computerwise, after several failed Windows operations.

The desktop is 15 years old and cannot take any more upgrades, and one 16 year old laptop is not worth getting new batteries for.

A couple of years ago I got a new macbook pro which is brilliant!

Peter.

I upgraded a couple of days ago, not impressed at first but getting used to it now and finding it ok. I had a windows mobile and so find the layout a lot like that, yes I like it. Never took to win7. xp for me every time.

Stan.

Installed reasonably well.

As usual, Micro$oft have taken the best features and hidden them away. Ie. Control Panel.

Biggest problem? Kaspersky doesn't work with Windows 10, despite their protestations that it would be fully supported.

Does anybody know a mainstream Cyber protection suite that works with Windows 10 please?

• Like 1

Ooops

"This app can't run with this version of windows"

EDIT:-

Yes it can... there's a beta of the latest version which is running perfectly well and is happily scanning one of my PCs now :)

Thanks again Stan.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I  installed windows 10 and about 20 minutes later  i rolled back to windows 7.

Firstly  windows 10 wouldn't give me a screen resolution that looked right on my TV that i use as a monitor. All the resolutions that manage to fit everything onto the screen were either too small to see/read icons and writing, or, the aspect ratio was wrong and everything looked either stretched or fat and squat.

Secondly, as mentioned above some useful features that i know and use regularly have been hidden away and  i can't be bothered to spend the time searching them out.

Thirdly, i just didn't like the look of it.

I will say though, i have the kaspersky internet suite installed and that seemed to be running fine while  i had windows 10 installed.

I am gradually removing Windows 10 from each of the four PCs I allowed it to install onto.

As Philip said, they seem to take a perverse delight in taking things that had been readily accessible in W7 and hiding them under layers of almost impenetrable gloom on W10.

The final nail in the coffin though, for me, was one of my students explaining that I'll never get the best out of W10 because, apparently, I'm not "leet".

I understand this to be a corruption of "elite" and perish the thought that I should EVER be considered so.

As an observation, it must be great to have all the knowledge, pig-headed self-confidence and bravado of a 19 year old youth :lol:

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Join The Club

Join the Jaguar Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

• Topics

• Our picks

• Simply Jaguar show at Beaulieu - Sunday 23rd June 2024
      Jaguar Owners Club have a stand at this year's Simply Jaguar event at the National Motor Museum at Beaulieu, Hampshire on Sunday 23rd June 2024

Tickets are available online here: https://www.beaulieu.co.uk/events/simply-jaguar/
      • 1 reply
    • JAGUAR’S LAST PETROL SPORTS CAR: F-TYPE ZP EDITION TAKES THE CHEQUERED FLAG
      Jaguar is commemorating the end of its internal combustion sports car lineage in 2024 with an exclusive limited-edition F-TYPE inspired by two iconic 1960s racing E-types

Just 150 examples of the F-TYPE ZP Edition will be the last internal combustion-engined sports cars designed by Jaguar. These 575PS supercharged petrol V8 F-TYPEs feature specially curated interior and exterior details by the personalisation experts at SV Bespoke.
    • UPDATE SHOW INFORMATION !

Please find attached your club label – please can this be distributed amongst your club members prior to the event. Please ensure that they print this label and display it in their windscreen upon entry to the event, this ensures that all members wishing to park within your club area are directed to the correct parking location by our stewards. Please do not modify or add logos to the club label.

We do ask that all individuals have purchased their tickets on an individual basis in advance via our website, to speed up the entry process on the day. This can be done on our website here until 2pm on the day when admission closes: https://www.beaulieu.co.uk/events/simply-jaguar.

Note that we do have two entrances available, one is exhibitors gate at the bottom of the hill as you come in to Beaulieu, with the other being the normal Simply event entrance within the attraction. Either entrance is fine to use and both are open from 9.00am, with the exhibitors entrance closing around 11am.

Jaguar Owners Club (1).pdf
    • Simply Jaguar - Beaulieu Motor Museum - 25th June 2023
      Jaguar Owners Club have a stand at this years Simply Jaguar event at the National Motor Museum at Beaulieu, Hampshire on Sunday 26th June 2023

Tickets are available online here: https://www.beaulieu.co.uk/events/simply-jaguar/

TICKETS & PRICES
      Participant prices are only valid if arriving in a Jaguar and taking part in the rally. They are not valid for those arriving on foot.

Participants can make the most of our EARLY BIRD discount by booking before 28th February 2023.

Children under 5 require a ticket, this can be booked online free of charge.

Participant and visitor tickets will include entrance to the rest of the Beaulieu attraction, including the National Motor Museum, Palace House, Little Beaulieu, World of Top Gear, Beaulieu Abbey and its grounds and gardens.

The best time for viewing the Simply rally is between 10am and 2pm.

Adult

Child

Participants – Early Bird*

£14.00

£7.50

Participants – Standard & On The Day

£16.00

£8.00

Visitors

Normal admission applies.

Normal admission applies

*Early bird tickets are available until 28th February 2023

VEHICLE ENTRY
      Entry with your Jaguar is from 9am – 2pm. Please make sure you have your ticket printed or available on your phone, ready to be scanned on arrival.

Please do not arrive early for our Simply rallies as no facilities will be open prior to 9:30am.

Cars cannot leave and re-enter the grounds for the Simply rallies.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

CLUB STAND ATTENDEE LIST

We do ask for a final update on numbers 2 weeks prior to the event following which we will send out club labels to you via email for you to then distribute out to club members. Club members then need to print and display these in their windscreen on arrival. This helps us then park you all in your club area together.

1. Trevor (admin)
      2.  Paj

• 5 replies
    • F-TYPE marks 75 years of Jaguar sports cars and its final model year update
      The Jaguar F-TYPE is the definitive Jaguar sports car from a rich bloodline spanning 75 years and including some of the most iconic models ever built

Forums

News

Membership