Clubs

Russ68

Is anyone a member of the Jaguar Enthusiasts Club or are they the bitter enemies of the Jaguar Owners Club ;)

I note it's a £47 annual sub but you get a monthly magazine. They have an event local to me at the weekend and I wonder whether I should be attending as a member etc.

I finally got around to adding a picture of my S-Type, which is a 2001, 3.0 sport manual. The recent beneficiary of new (genuine) coil packs, spark plugs and filters, she's now going as she should and I'm pretty impressed :)

hi russ, the Jaguar enthusiasts club was the first Jaguar club I joined when I bought my first Jaguar an xk, they have regional monthly meetings ie all over the country. ther was one 2 miles from me at newhouse another in Glasgow, Edinburgh ect. I never attended them but the mag was quite good they sent one out to you every month . but after a year I stopped my subscription . I knew they also held more events than jaguarsowners club or jaguarforums.com or jaguarforum.co.uk. all which are free to join. in my opinion only mine thou . it was not worth paying £47 yearly for a mag. when I can buy one any time I want. so that's why I didn't re-new. I also know another member off this club. who was one off their members for many years attending meetings ect and organized a jaguar day out for members of this site and the other forums sites, and because off that he was sent to Coventry by them or black balled,  de-balled lol what ever you want to call it, childish really. and yes sadly these stupid people still  are in clubs up and down the country . wether its golf car clubs or social clubs. but he told me in confidence and I wont reveal his name. on the e form to join here it askes if you would like to attend club meetings most tick yes, but very few days out are done here and no monthly meetings are held, I suppose most folk have enough to do without gassing on about it all the time. realy its up to you ATB charlie

• Like 1

Call me a tight old git Russ but I don't wish to spend £50 to have a monthly paper posted through my mail box, somewhere someone is obviously making money. I can get all the answers I need within this forum and my old friend GOOGLE.

Speak as you find and if you are enjoying such memberships please continue, they are no enemy only enthusiasts like us lot

Hi Russ, 

Some 12 months ago there was a person who joined the club and proceeded to criticise both the club and its members and also tried to recruit for another club.  

I had to suggest that he should not be doing that.  Mods can't really can't take chances!!

REgards,

Peter

Hi all,

Thanks for the replies, I'll speak to the local representative and if they sound sensible and will let me take the S-type to the show, I may join for a year. But I'll continue to use and contribute to this forum, which I've found very useful :)

Thanks, Russ 

didn't know scrap merchants had a show

Because some members have older cars it doesn't mean that their cars are fit for the scrapyard..

The reason why their are some classic cars still around is that there are members who take a bit of pride in their cars, however old they are.

Peter.

I know it was a bit below the belt.  and yes the s&x types could be future classics but only the petrol ones, as their are movements to ban diesel. it will take a few years thou. and also about another 40years before that and the most us will be well away with you getting a head start peter. firstly let me say this, I am a Jaguar fan, off the modern cars, as I am half your ages. sorry not in to old trouble some cars , pop has an old very old gull winged merc in his garage and is a classic. couldn't tell you the last time it was started up but he has it covered with dust sheets been their since I can remember so sorry classic fans did not mean to insult

Hi Joe,

The movements to ban diesel are really rumours encouraged by those who think petrol is the way ahead.  Diesel is much cheaper to produce and with the modern additives put in by the suppliers give a far better fuel consumption than petrol, thus producing lesser pollution.

If you then add that to the improvements under EU Legislation  which the manufacturers have to  abide by ,the diesel car is a much lesser polluter.  A well maintained diesel car is a very safe bet!

Regards,

Peter.

• 2 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Join The Club

Join the Jaguar Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

• Topics

• Our picks

• Simply Jaguar show at Beaulieu - Sunday 23rd June 2024
      Jaguar Owners Club have a stand at this year's Simply Jaguar event at the National Motor Museum at Beaulieu, Hampshire on Sunday 23rd June 2024

Tickets are available online here: https://www.beaulieu.co.uk/events/simply-jaguar/
      • 1 reply
    • JAGUAR’S LAST PETROL SPORTS CAR: F-TYPE ZP EDITION TAKES THE CHEQUERED FLAG
      Jaguar is commemorating the end of its internal combustion sports car lineage in 2024 with an exclusive limited-edition F-TYPE inspired by two iconic 1960s racing E-types

Just 150 examples of the F-TYPE ZP Edition will be the last internal combustion-engined sports cars designed by Jaguar. These 575PS supercharged petrol V8 F-TYPEs feature specially curated interior and exterior details by the personalisation experts at SV Bespoke.
    • UPDATE SHOW INFORMATION !

Please find attached your club label – please can this be distributed amongst your club members prior to the event. Please ensure that they print this label and display it in their windscreen upon entry to the event, this ensures that all members wishing to park within your club area are directed to the correct parking location by our stewards. Please do not modify or add logos to the club label.

We do ask that all individuals have purchased their tickets on an individual basis in advance via our website, to speed up the entry process on the day. This can be done on our website here until 2pm on the day when admission closes: https://www.beaulieu.co.uk/events/simply-jaguar.

Note that we do have two entrances available, one is exhibitors gate at the bottom of the hill as you come in to Beaulieu, with the other being the normal Simply event entrance within the attraction. Either entrance is fine to use and both are open from 9.00am, with the exhibitors entrance closing around 11am.

Jaguar Owners Club (1).pdf
    • Simply Jaguar - Beaulieu Motor Museum - 25th June 2023
      Jaguar Owners Club have a stand at this years Simply Jaguar event at the National Motor Museum at Beaulieu, Hampshire on Sunday 26th June 2023

Tickets are available online here: https://www.beaulieu.co.uk/events/simply-jaguar/

TICKETS & PRICES
      Participant prices are only valid if arriving in a Jaguar and taking part in the rally. They are not valid for those arriving on foot.

Participants can make the most of our EARLY BIRD discount by booking before 28th February 2023.

Children under 5 require a ticket, this can be booked online free of charge.

Participant and visitor tickets will include entrance to the rest of the Beaulieu attraction, including the National Motor Museum, Palace House, Little Beaulieu, World of Top Gear, Beaulieu Abbey and its grounds and gardens.

The best time for viewing the Simply rally is between 10am and 2pm.

Adult

Child

Participants – Early Bird*

£14.00

£7.50

Participants – Standard & On The Day

£16.00

£8.00

Visitors

Normal admission applies.

Normal admission applies

*Early bird tickets are available until 28th February 2023

VEHICLE ENTRY
      Entry with your Jaguar is from 9am – 2pm. Please make sure you have your ticket printed or available on your phone, ready to be scanned on arrival.

Please do not arrive early for our Simply rallies as no facilities will be open prior to 9:30am.

Cars cannot leave and re-enter the grounds for the Simply rallies.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

CLUB STAND ATTENDEE LIST

We do ask for a final update on numbers 2 weeks prior to the event following which we will send out club labels to you via email for you to then distribute out to club members. Club members then need to print and display these in their windscreen on arrival. This helps us then park you all in your club area together.

1. Trevor (admin)
      2.  Paj

• 5 replies
    • F-TYPE marks 75 years of Jaguar sports cars and its final model year update
      The Jaguar F-TYPE is the definitive Jaguar sports car from a rich bloodline spanning 75 years and including some of the most iconic models ever built

Forums

News

Membership