Bluetooth connectivity

Tigger

Hi Guy's,

just wanted to share this, my car does not have blue tooth connectivity and I needed a solution to connect my phone to allow safe hands free phone calls and music streaming to my stock stereo system. Did a search on Amazon and found the iVCar by AngLink listed at 16.99 delivered, the reviews were excellent and thought it was worth a punt. This device is a complete revelation, plugs into your existing 12v socket, delivered crystal clear streaming of my phones music library, clear hands free calls, sat nav etc, you can even summon Siri voice command. The device takes control of your phone and has a small rotating knob to advance music tracks or end your phone call, it even pairs with your phone automatically when you fire up the Jag, so no need to fiddle with the settings every time you enter your vehicle. I have bought it last week and have given a thorough road test to iron out any little foibles and in all honesty there aren't any, it is a superb bit of kit that is discreet with a superb crystal clear sound reproduction. Pairing with your existing Jag Stereo is simplicity itself. I'm using an iPhone 6 but I believe it works with Android phone system as well.

Picks below installed, Cheers, And

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Transmitter-AngLink-Bluetooth-Hands-Free-Microphone/dp/B016I53KRK/ref=sr_1_27?ie=UTF8&qid=1454365353&sr=8-27&keywords=in+car+bluetoothhttp://www.amazon.co.uk/Transmitter-AngLink-Bluetooth-Hands-Free-Microphone/dp/B016I53KRK/ref=sr_1_27?ie=UTF8&qid=1454365353&sr=8-27&keywords=in+car+bluetooth

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

You're welcome, Mark. Relieved not to have to have any wires trailing or complex expensive installation. There are quite a few different sorts on Amazon, but I thought this was the best all rounder for me.

Hi Andrew. Sorry to be a Technophobe but......right back to basics .Am I right in thinking that I pair up my phone to this device, plug it into the car and I can accept phone calls hand free  Does it use the cars' built in speakers?

Thanks

Pete

Hi Pete,

No problem, it is very straight forward to be honest, all you have to do is plug the device into your cigarette power socket and turn your ignition on, the device lights up and shows the default FM frequency of 108.0 on its display (this can be changed if required), then tune your radio to 108.0 and save on the stereo as you would for a favourite radio station, at this point the device controls flash blue, now select your bluetooth settings on your smart phone and search, it should take only a few seconds for your phone to find the device and pair. 

Your phone and the device are now connected, the device is using an FM signal to stransmit direct to your stereo. Your phone calls / music catalogue / sat nav play through your stereo, the device has a microphone built in to pick up your voice. To answer a call you just press a button on the device and speak as normal (hands free) your callers voice comes through the stereo, to call out, either use  the phone built in helper (Siri for iPhone ) or select from your contacts, to cancel the call just press the device button again. One thing I have found is that you need to make sure your phones volume set at high and then regulate your stereo volume  control in the usual way, this ensures you get crystal clear sound through your speakers.

appologies if my answer is a bit lengthy, but hope this helps.

just let me know if you want to know more

Cheers

Andrew

• 4 weeks later...
On 01/02/2016 at 10:05 PM, Tigger said:

The device takes control of your phone  .........

even pairs with your phone automatically when you fire up the Jag  .........

Pairing with your existing Jag Stereo is simplicity itself

Hi Tigger.

You say you don't have BT in your car, but then you say "Pairing with your existing Jag Stereo is simplicity itself".

Do you mean actual pairing, as in BT pairing, or just tuning the device into the car's stereo ??

Thanks in advance :wink1:

Hi CBers,

once the unit is tuned to your stereo (fm) and paired with your phone (Bluetooth) when you get in an out of the car, the unit automatically connects with your phone via the bluetooth, I should have said "tuning with your Jag stereo" , apologies for the confusion. ;)

Cheers

Andrew

• Like 1

Since this topic is still being discussed i thought i would add a bit more. After  i posted above about it being on amazon for £20 i ordered one and have been using it everyday since. As Andrew has said, it connects to your phone via bluetooth then transmits an FM signal ( you can choose what frequency it transmits on) whereupon you just tune your car radio to that signal and hey presto you have phone calls through your car speakers.

You can stream your music from your phone to the device so your music comes from the car stereo too. I also downloaded an app to my android phone, the app is called radioplayer and  i downloaded it because  i like some of the DAB stations. I have found if  i am using this app on my phone to listen to DAB radio whilst connected to this bluetooth link, it too is transmitted via my car speakers which is great.

One thing  i haven't seen mentioned, there is a small button on the side of this device which activates voice control. You can get the device to call a number in your phonebook simply by talking.

This is probably the best £20 i have spent in a long time.

• Like 2

Phil,

Thanks for the info on the radio app, I've got a Pure DAB stand alone unit for the car, but this app will make it redundant which is another plus point as it free's up some space on the dash, the versatility of this widget just gets better. :yahoo:

Cheers

Andrew

Be aware that fm transmitters are just that and anybody tuned to that frequency within range can pickup what ever your transmitting ...lol

i do have one I use but was a Jabra had advanced frequency tracking and found best frequency available so didn't have to find another when travelling around the country have since converted to bury system and am really pleased with it 

can stream music and use it as dab radio too.

On 07/03/2016 at 0:34 PM, numkelfutumch said:

Since this topic is still being discussed i thought i would add a bit more. After  i posted above about it being on amazon for £20 i ordered one and have been using it everyday since. As Andrew has said, it connects to your phone via bluetooth then transmits an FM signal ( you can choose what frequency it transmits on) whereupon you just tune your car radio to that signal and hey presto you have phone calls through your car speakers.

You can stream your music from your phone to the device so your music comes from the car stereo too. I also downloaded an app to my android phone, the app is called radioplayer and  i downloaded it because  i like some of the DAB stations. I have found if  i am using this app on my phone to listen to DAB radio whilst connected to this bluetooth link, it too is transmitted via my car speakers which is great.

One thing  i haven't seen mentioned, there is a small button on the side of this device which activates voice control. You can get the device to call a number in your phonebook simply by talking.

This is probably the best £20 i have spent in a long time.

So better than the in-built Jaguar BT system ??

I bought one last week for my son who has an X type Sport which has  bluetooth but he could not play his music through to the car speakers.

It cost £16.99 plus P&P, and he rang me yesterday to say it was really good.

Peter.

• Like 1

Guy's, Just an update, I've been using this device for a while now and it is just great, can't comment on the Jag BT system as no experience of this,  however I had a 15 plate Audi A6 last year (sent it back lol) with BT and this performs just as good, the best 20 bucks I've spent in a long while. :yahoo: