Hi all, I am a deserter from BMW (The Dark Side) having been with them for many years but finally gave up on their "Run-Flat" tyres. In my declining years of third childhood,  I now about to purchase a 2001 XK8 but it has no satnav, however I would like one installed. My son had such a device retrofitted into his Mondeo which also lacked this equipment.  Could some kind person point me in the direction of a company which could do the job for me?  Or is such retrofit impossible? I appreciate it may be a few hundreds of pounds. I don't really wish to drive with a Garmin stuck to the windscreen.
Regards
John_D

Hi John, and Welcome to the Club.

The XK8 is a fantastic car   ---   I see quite a few round here, and I think they are a future classic.

I am no expert on retrofitting, but there are a few members who have that expertise and will advise..

Regards,

Peter.

• Like 1

Thank you "Old Peter"... (and this from "Older John"! )  At the tender age of 78, I no longer am capable of making a decent solder joint.:xmas: Hence my quest for a company which could undertake the job.  After being on the BMW Forums for many years, it's nice to join another one which is so civilised, PLUS a forum which caters for great cars which, thank God, are a far improvement from my 1974 XJ6 4.2 of yesteryear. At least in those far off days I had an expense account to run the thing. :winkiss:. Family and grandchildren have now no need of lifts, so I am back to the ol' two seater coupe carriage.

• Like 1