Starting to wonder what I have bought

Just driven to Kidderminster , car was absolutely perfect , lovely drive up, until I pulled up at my Moms house. Cooling fan on full, and then it lost all its water. I stopped half way up and had no problem at all, no over heating gauge was central, no low water warning, just a major leak of water on stopping with a short trail leadin up the road.

called RAC out, who arrived within 5 mins, he said he thinks ir is the water pump. Need to make a decision on wether to get it repaired up here or get it recovered to home. Hopefully as its under warranty it will be covered but I am not holding my breath. It is booked in with Jaguar on 6th June for cambelt , was going to have it done then, grrr not happy. 

Is it an expensive fix? 

If it were me I would get it closer to home. RAC should do it, I've had them do it for me but depends on your circumstances. Hope it's not too expensive or its covered under warranty. 

RAC will take it home, but hoping it's covered under warranty and I can get it done here, will save a lot of hastle

lost hell of a lot of water when stopped, wondering if it is the water pump or something else . Never had any low coolant or warning lights on until I stopped, RAC topped up with water and most of the water he put in came straight out.

Well RAC have taken it home, garage near my house is going to do it for me, it is covered under warranty which is all good news. Hopefully get it back soon.

Yep  it suddenly let go is this common? luckily I was in the last 20 yards of a 110 mile journey. The garage is having a nightmare with the under tray bolts, he's got three out of the 14, so may have to drill the rest. 

Mine went there too, not sure if it's common though. 

Live covered mine up in an old bicycle inner tube to protect it.  

I fitted it myself by removing the rear under tray bolts and sliding it in then, having removed the covers round the fog lights I had access to the hose clips.  

Part cost me £58+vat from Jaguar.  

Not got time to do it myself unfortunately , and at least I get all the under tray bolts sorted. Garage is charging me£51 plus vat for genuine Jaguar part so at least I am not getting ripped off.

Yet another coolant leak, all be it a little one, seems to be around top of coolant reservoir.  Temp gauge is sat at normal, no coolant low level on, but get what's seems to over pressure leaks near little pipe on top of reservoir. Jag ownership is starting to look painful.

ahh its the coolant tank bleed screw, garage couldnt have tightened it up properly . Reading in the manual it has to be done up to 3nm. will see if it is tight enough later on today. At least it is nothing serious feel better for that!

• 2 weeks later...

Right on to the next problem, keep getting restricted performance when starting car from cold. it occurs after about one mile of driving. If the engine is warm it doesn't happen.

i switch the engine off then turn it on again and the restricted performance is gone.

When using the engineers report it shows the following dtcs , 9242, E145, E523. Any ideas ?

Yesterday had another problem occur burning smell from right rear wheel, handbrake doesn't seem to be stuck on? thought perhaps dragging brake caliper or wheel bearing. i will monitor this one.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Join The Club

Join the Jaguar Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

• Topics

• Our picks

• Simply Jaguar show at Beaulieu - Sunday 23rd June 2024
      Jaguar Owners Club have a stand at this year's Simply Jaguar event at the National Motor Museum at Beaulieu, Hampshire on Sunday 23rd June 2024

Tickets are available online here: https://www.beaulieu.co.uk/events/simply-jaguar/
      • 1 reply
    • JAGUAR’S LAST PETROL SPORTS CAR: F-TYPE ZP EDITION TAKES THE CHEQUERED FLAG
      Jaguar is commemorating the end of its internal combustion sports car lineage in 2024 with an exclusive limited-edition F-TYPE inspired by two iconic 1960s racing E-types

Just 150 examples of the F-TYPE ZP Edition will be the last internal combustion-engined sports cars designed by Jaguar. These 575PS supercharged petrol V8 F-TYPEs feature specially curated interior and exterior details by the personalisation experts at SV Bespoke.
    • UPDATE SHOW INFORMATION !

Please find attached your club label – please can this be distributed amongst your club members prior to the event. Please ensure that they print this label and display it in their windscreen upon entry to the event, this ensures that all members wishing to park within your club area are directed to the correct parking location by our stewards. Please do not modify or add logos to the club label.

We do ask that all individuals have purchased their tickets on an individual basis in advance via our website, to speed up the entry process on the day. This can be done on our website here until 2pm on the day when admission closes: https://www.beaulieu.co.uk/events/simply-jaguar.

Note that we do have two entrances available, one is exhibitors gate at the bottom of the hill as you come in to Beaulieu, with the other being the normal Simply event entrance within the attraction. Either entrance is fine to use and both are open from 9.00am, with the exhibitors entrance closing around 11am.

Jaguar Owners Club (1).pdf
    • Simply Jaguar - Beaulieu Motor Museum - 25th June 2023
      Jaguar Owners Club have a stand at this years Simply Jaguar event at the National Motor Museum at Beaulieu, Hampshire on Sunday 26th June 2023

Tickets are available online here: https://www.beaulieu.co.uk/events/simply-jaguar/

TICKETS & PRICES
      Participant prices are only valid if arriving in a Jaguar and taking part in the rally. They are not valid for those arriving on foot.

Participants can make the most of our EARLY BIRD discount by booking before 28th February 2023.

Children under 5 require a ticket, this can be booked online free of charge.

Participant and visitor tickets will include entrance to the rest of the Beaulieu attraction, including the National Motor Museum, Palace House, Little Beaulieu, World of Top Gear, Beaulieu Abbey and its grounds and gardens.

The best time for viewing the Simply rally is between 10am and 2pm.

Adult

Child

Participants – Early Bird*

£14.00

£7.50

Participants – Standard & On The Day

£16.00

£8.00

Visitors

Normal admission applies.

Normal admission applies

*Early bird tickets are available until 28th February 2023

VEHICLE ENTRY
      Entry with your Jaguar is from 9am – 2pm. Please make sure you have your ticket printed or available on your phone, ready to be scanned on arrival.

Please do not arrive early for our Simply rallies as no facilities will be open prior to 9:30am.

Cars cannot leave and re-enter the grounds for the Simply rallies.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

CLUB STAND ATTENDEE LIST

We do ask for a final update on numbers 2 weeks prior to the event following which we will send out club labels to you via email for you to then distribute out to club members. Club members then need to print and display these in their windscreen on arrival. This helps us then park you all in your club area together.

1. Trevor (admin)
      2.  Paj

• 5 replies
    • F-TYPE marks 75 years of Jaguar sports cars and its final model year update
      The Jaguar F-TYPE is the definitive Jaguar sports car from a rich bloodline spanning 75 years and including some of the most iconic models ever built

Forums

News

Membership