S type rear spoiler

Stevefoxton

Guys,

an s type passed me today with what looked like a type r spoiler fitted and to be honest I second looked it and it looked great. The standard flat boot spoilers just don't look right but this one did. It's now sparked my next project and it's simply for aesthetics.

anyone know where they can be sourced? eBay doesn't seem to have them.

Any advice greatly appreciated

steve

• 2 months later...

Hey all, and especially Steve Foxton!

I thought I'd do a quick search before starting a new thread re rear spoilers and noticed this recent one from June.

I'm very interested in this and wonder how you got on Steve, did you or anyone else order and fit an aftermarket rear spoiler?

Being that they were standard fitment on the STR and certain special editions, it's not like I'm looking to change things extravagantly or turn the Jag into a boy racer machine. But inspired by Malcolm's Sport 200 in another post, I suspect a subtle rear spoiler will look great on my Sport!

The links Steve (Claws) sent directs you to both a custom painted M3 type from Taiwan, which appear to offer to paint to the Jag paint code, and at that price (£34.99) is exception value all the way from Taiwan. But there is also a primed but not painted STR one from Poland which looks to extend a bit further, but will need painting and is £57.90. Not sure how this one fits either.

There is UK supplier, but they only offer a few colours and not mine, guessing I could respray this. So to assist my decision, I thought I'd see if any club members had any experience or strong opinions about it? The stick on, painted Taiwanese option is the easiest, but the easy options aren't always the best :wink:

Hi Russ

I don't know anything about the quality of the spoilers from Taiwan, but for me it would be a 40 quid punt! and one I'd probably take.

Mine and Malcolm's are the slightly longer ones that hang over the rear wings slightly, I had a look at a newer STR (link below) you will see it has the shorter version, it's only my opinion, but I would prefer mine. I can add a couple of pics if you want?

One thing I would say, I believe these are fixed with adhesive pads rather than bolted, they must be very thin pads as there is no daylight visible underneath 

Regards

Steve

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201606285349093?search-target=usedcars&make=jaguar&model=s-type&price-from=500&minimum-badge-engine-size=4.0&maximum-badge-engine-size=4.5&page=2&postcode=se129bw&radius=1500&sort=atcustom&searchcontext=default&onesearchad=new%2Cnearlynew%2Cused&logcode=p&adPos=2

Hey Steve, thanks for that, I agree! 

I sent the eBay seller my paint code and they have confirmed they can spray it so decision made I think, as you say a £40 punt that I just stick on, nice and easy, I'll order one off!

Interestingly as you say, the newer STR in the link you sent appears to have this smaller, M3 type spoiler, not the larger one that overhangs to the rear wings. This may be inline with the facelift that included the staggered alloys. She looks pretty great TBH, Pacific blue like mine with the staggered Vulcan's. I prefer she doesn't have the 2 tone STR interior that some have, all in all a lovely car for not too much money.

Cheers, Russ

19 hours ago, Russ68 said:

Order placed, delivery later in the month, £34.99 inc painting and delivery from Taiwan. They answered my questions in English by return, what a world we live in now!

Looking forward to seeing some pics! :yes:

I think that's the same one I'm getting Simon, it's the later M3 type, not the early STR type which projects over the rear arches.

Nice rear end BTW! Your badges look super shiny, are they replacements or original?

16 minutes ago, Russ68 said:

I think that's the same one I'm getting Simon, it's the later M3 type, not the early STR type which projects over the rear arches.

Nice rear end BTW! Your badges look super shiny, are they replacements or original?

Yes I think it is M3 type, I will take some more pictures and post soon.

The badges are original (as far as I know).

Thanks.

Very nice Simon, subtle but finishes her off nicely, I look forward to receiving and fitting mine :yes:

I may want to pick your brains about your ICE at some point, but I'll leave that for a PM or another post :wink:

Well I have to say that this is pretty impressive, what a crazy global market we live in nowadays! I only placed the order a week ago and it was custom painted in Taiwan before dispatch to the actual Jaguar paint codes, which appear to be matched perfectly. Arrived today after being advised of dispatch yesterday, all for £34.99 including shipping!

It fitted easily in a matter of minutes, but came straight so had to be gently bent round the boot shape. I can't wait to get the new staggered alloys and 275/35's on now, but these need spraying which will take awhile, hopefully in the next few weeks.

I'm now slightly disappointed in the condition of my S-Type boot badge, I haven't been able to clean it up and it appears I can find the newer type in good or new condition, but the original X200 ones seem hard to find. Does anyone have any ideas on where I could get one, or will the newer one be a direct replacement for my original?

Spolier_snip1.JPG

Spolier_snip2.JPG

Thanks guys, I think so too :thumbup:

I still can't get over it's come halfway across the world for that price! No wonder manufacturing in this country is suffering, there's no way we could even paint something for that money, let alone supply a complete custom part and ship it internationally in a week!

That does look good Andy, has she been resprayed? Those big Powerflow's look great as well!

I notice your S-Type badge is on the other side to mine in line with latter fitment I think? I'm guessing they just stick on and don't have pins like the bonnet ones?

Hi russ, that's a pic of my old jag I had 2yrs ago.

sold for £350 and it's still in use!

kept the boxes though:whistling:

image.jpeg

the badges were off a scrapyard car and they just stick on like the badge on yours.

i removed mine with fishing line and then meths to get rid of the adhesive mark.

fitting the newer badge was a doddle.