Race day / Time trials

Claws

Hi All

My apologies if this has cropped up before, but I would be interested to know if we (JOC members) ever do this, i.e. 

Do we ever get to OWN a race track / circuit for the day?

Steve 

Me too, I'm guessing then it's not been mentioned before? I know there are all sorts of issues involved, 'At owners own risk ' insurance etc, etc and so on, but I personally would love to let her do 'Legally' what she can! Let the Jaguar off the leash  :yahoo:

Definitely something I would love to do

• Like 1

Saw that one at Beaulieu Peter, quite something! I'll speak to my mate to see what the score is, and take it from there. If not much interest from us guys, we could potentially piggy back onto the next time they are there. How many are interested? :yahoo:

Hi all,

I've asked my contact at the local car club how they go about this, we'll see what he says. I suspect we won't have enough interest from this forum to make it viable we hire the circuit for our exclusive use. The car club I mentioned is a selection of enthusiasts with all sorts of modified equipment (boy racers), we could piggy back onto the next time they are there, but it would be nicer if it was just Jags. So it would be good if anyone who is interested could try to drum up supports and see if we can get some numbers.

As Peter says, it could be a great chance for us to meet up in person even if not wanting to race / go on the circuit, and Goodwood is a super old historic track, just ticket for a venue I'd suggest! I'm planning on attending the local JEC meet next month, so I can see if any other local Jag owners would be interested. It would be great to do this and to get us and our cars together!

I hope this happens!

Cheers, Russ

A handy contact you have there Russ, Looking forward to finding out what he says,

Don't fancy the Boy racer thing, it would be good to see Just Jags on the track, it doesn't matter whether you poodle around or fancy opening her up, I just think it would be a great experience

Steve

Hi all,

I've spoken to Goodwood Motor Circuit and just sent them an email requesting details. They seem well set up for this and I've been there before, it's a fantastic location for it! They can offer various packages, which I'll report back on. Ideally we'll be able to get a decent number together to spread the costs. I've also asked for a calendar of available dates, are we thinking something later in the year? The closer we get to autumn and winter, the less likely we are to have a nice dry day, but we have to take our chances with this!

More soon, Russ :wink:

I have no issue with when we do it, as long as we do it! Although, by the looks of it, the summer months are more expensive. This is what they said:

Hello Russ,

Thank you for your enquiry into a track day with us at Goodwood, it would certainly be great to have you here.

Below I have given some details about the hire costs and what is included, these are starting prices and will depend on the month that you come. In terms of availability October is looking busy with only a few dates left – plenty of availability in Nov-Dec. I have assumed that you will be looking for a 98dB day but can supply you with the cost if 105dB day is required.

All the options below include the following:

·         Goodwood Chief Instructor

·         Marshal Package

·         Duty Track Steward

·         Emergency Medical Technician

·         Comprehensive Public Liability Insurance

·         Noise Monitoring Staff

·         Response Vehicles

·         Use of the ground floor of the Jackie Stewart Pavilion.

October - £7525 + VAT for full day use of the track

November (please note track closes at 4pm) - £4955 + VAT for full day use of the track

December (please note track closes at 4pm)  - £2845 + VAT for full day use of the track

Just a reference for the noise limits if you did need to research:

10 CAR DAY – ten cars at any one time : 98dB static measured at ¾ max revs / 96dB drive-by or

5 CAR DAY – five cars at any one time : 105dB static measured at ¾ max revs / 101dB drive-by

I am also very happy to provide you with catering costs should you wish for your guests to have breakfast/lunch/afternoon tea.

If you would like anymore information please do let me know and I look forward to hearing from you shortly.

Best regards, Harriet

So quite a range of pricing! I also spoke to a local connection who organises events at Goodwood regularly. I'm attending a track day there he's organising on the 8th December at the cost of £180, there may be other spaces available if anyone is interested? He says he can help us organise ours and get a reduced rate, but I'll keep both avenues of communication only to ensure we can get the best deal. I asked him if doing a part day was possible and he recommended a full day was best.

Cheers, Russ :wink:

Yup, not cheap, but you get unlimited track time for the whole day. I thought it was worth it so I'm attending the December day and can report back. It would be great to have other S's and even an STR there, don't suppose Joe or Jon are interested? To far for Jon I'm guessing :wink:

Hi

I would be interested in the idea, but its too far for me really, over 3 1/2 hours away and its too expensive for me

I have donnington park near me and its quite a bit cheaper there for track days

trouble as well is if you book the day, you cant guarantee the weather

cheers

Joe

We'd have the problem with the weather anywhere or when, although of course it's always sunny in the south :wink:.

Re the money, I'm sure we all spend this amount on complete crap during the course of the month(s), I know I do! Whereas taking the Jag out on a racetrack is something we'll remember forever. It's barely the cost of a couple of tyres or tanks of fuel, and we may get these prices down, so I say we get our priorities right and get something sorted :yes:.

I'm pretty committed to having a go on the 08 December at Goodwood, but a Jag or all British day at Donnington or elsewhere is also a possibility. I know Peter liked Goodwood, and I'm on the Isle of Wight so have a ferry to contend with wherever I go! Does anyone have contact for Donnington or another track and can make enquiries? Using Goodwood would be a bit special as it's historic and a stunning location, but if location and price are an issue for some, we could go elsewhere...

Right

apparently there are several third parties involved in race day events at donington, I have been given a number to call (surely a website?) anyway when I get a moment I'll see what they say