• Share Your Experience
      Share Your Experience
    • Large Selection Of Jaguar Parts
      Large Selection Of Jaguar Parts
    • Save up to 15% off your Jaguar insurance!
      Save up to 15% off your Jaguar insurance!
    • Join Premium And Save!
      Join Premium And Save!
    • Club T-Shirts and Merchandise
      Club T-Shirts and Merchandise
    • Over 3000 Jaguar vehicles for sale
      Over 3000 Jaguar vehicles for sale

S-type.

340hp diesel S-type Problems

Hello all new to the forums but anyway I've been working my backside on my diesel S for the past few months, EGR blank, Dpf removal, Remap and now I am running into some problems so here is the story.

Coming home and literally on the motorway a Bmw and Mercedes were racing each other, obviously I had to join In and I managed to destroy them both.

When I got to the end of the motorway my car decided to go into restricted performance mode

Now listen carefully.

I've run a diagnostic check many times and NO codes even come up at all!

Even the remapper is confused Haha.

I have no idea what is going on maybe the car is going into it because there is a lot of power coming through? I have no idea this is where I need some help with this problem and hopefully some people can help me out here.

Thanks.

HI

A 2.7 TDV6 with 340hp, That 135hp more than standard, Now thats a dyno I'd like to see.

You need to plug when the fault is there, so next time it does it, don't switch the engine off and plug in and read the codes

Make the most of it, Cause your engine wont last long if its anywhere near that hp, most I've seen out of a tdv6 is 256hp, injectors and turbo's were flat out at that

cheers

Joe

Yeah will try as well as get the results in as well,car pulls crazy fast. The remapper knows his stuff as he was an ex Audi mechanic I guess the Audi v6 engines are the same correct me if I'm wrong after speaking to him not that long ago he said that cause maybe because of power as the car is thinking where is all the power coming from he said he might have a workaround but we shall see another thing I don't understand is how a 335d can keep that much power going through is it because of the straight six I don't really know

Hi

Engines are completely different from audi , the jaguar tdv6 is a joint venture between jaguar, land-rover, Citroën, Peugeot, Renault

Hope you find the fault

Cheers

Joe

Welcome to the Club, Jack.

That is massive power from a 2.7 diesel.  I would worry a bit, though, about the DPF removal, as the visual check on the MOT is being altered to a full check very soon, and removal is an automatic failure.

Regards,

Peter.

Hello, all so after my mechanic did a full  check of the car turns out the bigger turbo bearing was going, this would explain why the car was going into limp home in sport mode only and was fine in normal mode since in sport you go fast the bigger turbo kicks in more the car would then find out something was wrong with the turbo and then would go into limp home mode. Right now I have ordered upgraded turbochargers for the car. My car also has reached over 100,000 miles :thumbdown:

I have heard that remapping an engine by 40% will harm the engine in the long term.  By 60% it would be a certain death for the engine.  The mechanic who has remapped to a 2.7 diesel with 208 bhp  to 340 bhp is not aware of what he is doing.

Peter.

P.S. - Could we have some photos of you car -- it would be interesting.

Hi

Unless one see's a printed rolling road printout then I would not allways believe what people say there cars have in power

cheers

Joe

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Andy the tyre man said:

340bhp??

image.jpeg.4a4064d8848895c79e67132814cad9f7.jpeg

Methinks Jack is taking the mickey out of the Forum.  It is a bit like the bloke who put a Spitfire engine into a Fiat 500.

Peter. 

Well it seems that S-types are safe from the  DPF SS squad. Post 2010 only or maybe I got it wrong?

8 hours ago, allnlu said:

Well it seems that S-types are safe from the  DPF SS squad. Post 2010 only or maybe I got it wrong?

hi

what does that mean???

they never made S-types post 2008, XF replaced it

cheers

joe

13 hours ago, JOE-DOT-COM said:

hi

what does that mean???

they never made S-types post 2008, XF replaced it

cheers

joe

I am also intrigued.

The last S Types to leave the production line was in December 2007 and they were sold as 2008 models.

The changes in the MOT should only affect those  S Types 2.7 Diesels whose owners have rashly removed the Diesel Particulate Filter, as the new rules will now involve a physical check rather than a visual one.

These new rules will effect every diesel engined car and will also include a visual smoke test.

Regards,

Peter.