It's so sloooooooooooow!

Any help out there amongst the technically minded. I've checked everything I can and can find nothing to explain it but there's no 'uumph' when I need it and its taking ages to get anywhere.

The brakes are not stuck on so no problems with the EPC and Calliper Sliders.

Theres no tell tale red warning light so, unless that bulbs blown, theres nowt wrong with the engine.

But it still just barely limps along and at this rate no-one will get home anytime soon.

Please, please, please Mr/Ms Website Administrator can you please get your ODBC scanner connected and fix this slow, slow and slower performance problem?

I've fallen into a trance watching that little wheelie thing going round and round and now I'm just dizzy.:wacko:

Hi

Glad there is a issue, thought it was just me

home page was ok , but every other page was not loading at all for me, been like this for the past few day

hope it gets sorted

I wish I got slow, most pages wont open for me

cheers

Joe

• Like 1

Hi Steve,

Much improved today :clap:, whatever you've been doing is paying off so many thanks indeed. At my time of life, with the performance I was seeing, I had forgotten what I wanted to say before I even got to see what I was commenting on. Nowt new there then, ho hum.

Keep up the good work and thanks again.

Cheers,

Steve

17 hours ago, R2e said:

ou obviously don't have the 4.2 V8 Version far less the supercharged STR, probably another diesel owner.................. The internet does differentiate you know!

Now you should know better Ron, its not the BHP that counts but rather how you use it.:Jumpy:

12 hours ago, R2e said:

I drove about 160 miles this afternoon (M25 and M1) and found myself, when delayed by someone doing perhaps 65 in the outer lane,

They're the kind of drivers that really take the shine off any journey. In my city boy days I would encounter them infrequently thank goodness and mostly at weekends or around the holidays. Since I moved to the sticks however I've been trying hard not to bump into, literally, the rural equivalents of such motorists. Too often out here one finds that odd animal who for some extraordinary reason, that I have been unable to fathom, insists on driving at exactly 10mph below the each prescribed limit.:wacko:

On occasion I've had no alternative but to join long queues of vehicles trapped behind such drivers and all of them looking for a chance to get past, opportunities for which out here are few and far between. On one notable occasion I watched with fascination, and not a small amount of trepidation, when the driver of an enormous John Deere and its humongous trailer decided enough was enough and overtook on a section of road just barely wide enough for it and the offending drivers car.:jawdrop: 

At night however I have an advantage, with my A8. It has adaptive headlights which turn in response to the steering wheel angle and on hard corners the foglight at the corresponding corner is also switched on - for some reason the 10 below mood find this rather intimidating.:devil2:

Sadly Black Bess does not have this kit - but I may look into it for when I get rid of the Audi.

3 hours ago, cubist said:

At night however I have an advantage, with my A8. It has adaptive headlights which turn in response to the steering wheel angle and on hard corners the foglight at the corresponding corner is also switched on - for some reason the 10 below mood find this rather intimidating.:devil2:

So if I've got this right you only drive the Audi at night?

Afraid of being seen in public perchance??? :wink1:

4 hours ago, Mike_eng said:

So if I've got this right you only drive the Audi at night?

Afraid of being seen in public perchance??? :wink1:

My S Type is far too valuable, to me at least, to be out at night and in her Midnight Black livery too darned easy to lose.

My day car, the Audi, on the other hand I have no qualms about exposing to the vagaries of the 10 below mob and the other loony toons I encounter.

3 hours ago, R2e said:

I can only repeat what Jeremy Clarkson said when he described Audi drivers as the new !Removed!, an epithet which had been reserved for BMW drivers.

The word that was removed was the same as that used for male hens, five letters, beginning with 'c' and ending with 'ks'

Hmmm, considering what Clarkson, May and the little one had to say about the S Type and drivers of same I'm pleased to know my standards have not slipped and that I'm in good company.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Join The Club

Join the Jaguar Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

• Topics

• Our picks

• Simply Jaguar show at Beaulieu - Sunday 23rd June 2024
      Jaguar Owners Club have a stand at this year's Simply Jaguar event at the National Motor Museum at Beaulieu, Hampshire on Sunday 23rd June 2024

Tickets are available online here: https://www.beaulieu.co.uk/events/simply-jaguar/
      • 1 reply
    • JAGUAR’S LAST PETROL SPORTS CAR: F-TYPE ZP EDITION TAKES THE CHEQUERED FLAG
      Jaguar is commemorating the end of its internal combustion sports car lineage in 2024 with an exclusive limited-edition F-TYPE inspired by two iconic 1960s racing E-types

Just 150 examples of the F-TYPE ZP Edition will be the last internal combustion-engined sports cars designed by Jaguar. These 575PS supercharged petrol V8 F-TYPEs feature specially curated interior and exterior details by the personalisation experts at SV Bespoke.
    • UPDATE SHOW INFORMATION !

Please find attached your club label – please can this be distributed amongst your club members prior to the event. Please ensure that they print this label and display it in their windscreen upon entry to the event, this ensures that all members wishing to park within your club area are directed to the correct parking location by our stewards. Please do not modify or add logos to the club label.

We do ask that all individuals have purchased their tickets on an individual basis in advance via our website, to speed up the entry process on the day. This can be done on our website here until 2pm on the day when admission closes: https://www.beaulieu.co.uk/events/simply-jaguar.

Note that we do have two entrances available, one is exhibitors gate at the bottom of the hill as you come in to Beaulieu, with the other being the normal Simply event entrance within the attraction. Either entrance is fine to use and both are open from 9.00am, with the exhibitors entrance closing around 11am.

Jaguar Owners Club (1).pdf
    • Simply Jaguar - Beaulieu Motor Museum - 25th June 2023
      Jaguar Owners Club have a stand at this years Simply Jaguar event at the National Motor Museum at Beaulieu, Hampshire on Sunday 26th June 2023

Tickets are available online here: https://www.beaulieu.co.uk/events/simply-jaguar/

TICKETS & PRICES
      Participant prices are only valid if arriving in a Jaguar and taking part in the rally. They are not valid for those arriving on foot.

Participants can make the most of our EARLY BIRD discount by booking before 28th February 2023.

Children under 5 require a ticket, this can be booked online free of charge.

Participant and visitor tickets will include entrance to the rest of the Beaulieu attraction, including the National Motor Museum, Palace House, Little Beaulieu, World of Top Gear, Beaulieu Abbey and its grounds and gardens.

The best time for viewing the Simply rally is between 10am and 2pm.

Adult

Child

Participants – Early Bird*

£14.00

£7.50

Participants – Standard & On The Day

£16.00

£8.00

Visitors

Normal admission applies.

Normal admission applies

*Early bird tickets are available until 28th February 2023

VEHICLE ENTRY
      Entry with your Jaguar is from 9am – 2pm. Please make sure you have your ticket printed or available on your phone, ready to be scanned on arrival.

Please do not arrive early for our Simply rallies as no facilities will be open prior to 9:30am.

Cars cannot leave and re-enter the grounds for the Simply rallies.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

CLUB STAND ATTENDEE LIST

We do ask for a final update on numbers 2 weeks prior to the event following which we will send out club labels to you via email for you to then distribute out to club members. Club members then need to print and display these in their windscreen on arrival. This helps us then park you all in your club area together.

1. Trevor (admin)
      2.  Paj

• 5 replies
    • F-TYPE marks 75 years of Jaguar sports cars and its final model year update
      The Jaguar F-TYPE is the definitive Jaguar sports car from a rich bloodline spanning 75 years and including some of the most iconic models ever built

Forums

News

Membership