• Save up to 15% off your Jaguar insurance!
      Save up to 15% off your Jaguar insurance!
    • Join Premium And Save!
      Join Premium And Save!
    • Over 3000 Jaguar vehicles for sale
      Over 3000 Jaguar vehicles for sale
    • Large Selection Of Jaguar Parts
      Large Selection Of Jaguar Parts
    • Share Your Experience
      Share Your Experience
    • Club T-Shirts and Merchandise
      Club T-Shirts and Merchandise

Good evening all. Just bought my first Jag on Tuesday. It's a lovely 2007 S type 2.7D with full service history and has obviously been very well looked after previously. It's a bit of a change from my 2.6 Vectra GSI, but the wife has decided that my days of wearing my baseball cap backwards are over and at my age I should now be driving a proper grown ups car. 

I have all the service history, all the manuals and most of the garage receipts from new, however the one thing that's missing is the radio code card. And the dealer had disconnected the battery, of course....  I'm pretty sure it's the original unit as there is no mention in the documentation to say that it has ever been replaced.

I have  been told that I can obtain it on line, but would need to remove the unit to obtain the serial number. I don't really want to do that as I'm not confident in removing the trim etc without breaking things.

I have also been told that if I take the V5 and extra ID to a Jaguar dealer, they will be able to obtain the code for me. does anybody know if that is the case?

Cheers.

11 hours ago, Oldkeeper said:

does anybody know if that is the case?

Congratulations on your purchase; you do not need to remove the unit for purposes of obtaining the code.

In the case of our XJS, a 'phone call to a local Jaguar dealer, giving the reg number and VIN number resulted in a call back within an hour or so with the code.    The process does seem to vary from dealer to dealer; some will require ID, some will attempt to charge (walk away!), but some will do as we did.       We made our 'phone call to Stratstone jaguar at Lye (Stourbridge)....give it a go.

Enjoy, and don't forget to purchase a trilby in place of the baseball cap!

Happy growling      :thumbup:

• Like 1

Thanks, Carole!  I'll give that a go. The silence inside is deafening. :-)

I'll also take your advice and get a trilby, as I keep knocking my top hat off when getting in!

Many thanks!

Thanks, Bernard.

I did try this, but it didn't work. I've since been told that this trick only works on units up until 2007, so I'm just a bit too late.

I'll call my local jag dealer tomorrow and plead poverty. Hopefully they'll take pity on me.... :-)

Thanks for the tip, though.

Hi Dave and Welcome to the Club,

Paroles right, and is not one whose advice should be carelessly neglected; follow it - you'll find out why in due course.

On 7/13/2018 at 10:07 AM, Carole Simpson-Hadley said:

don't forget to purchase a trilby i

A trilby!!! Nothing less than a Borsalino fedora please.🎩

15 hours ago, cubist said:

Hi Dave and Welcome to the Club,

Paroles right, and is not one whose advice should be carelessly neglected; follow it - you'll find out why in due course. 

A trilby!!! Nothing less than a Borsalino fedora please.🎩

Cheers, Steve.

I'll certainly take Carole's advice. As you say, it's something you ignore at your own risk and I'm not sure I'm ready to find my tyres slashed and rude pictures crudely painted on my bonnet with brake fluid just yet!

I called the local dealer yesterday morning. They did seem quite helpful but suggested I give a call back on Monday as they were very busy due to staff holidays. They seemed to indicate that it probably would be something they could do for me over the phone, given an hour or so...so fingers crossed.

I didn't realise that Jag ownership would result in such expenditure in amassing an eclectic collection of suitable head attire. :-(

I'll have to look for a Borsalino Fedora next week, as my wife has decided that my current Foster Grant's are entirely unsuitable and that only "His n Hers" Ray Bans are anywhere near acceptable. All very well and good, but her insisting I wear a 3 piece suit to check the tyre pressures in this weather I think is a little OTT. :-)

17 hours ago, cubist said:

Paroles right

Memo to self...must get Cubist a new dictionary.  Or was that intentional.......hmmm.

Goodness me, Dave, what ideas has Steve (Cubist) given you?           We (MOH and I) are far more subtle than slashed tyres and paintwork modifications.     We are not known as the Bridgnorth after-life ushers and body snatcher brigade for nothing; whilst our friendly family pet known as Claude is given to unexpected visits (see many previous threads, usually involving MOH and I, R2E (Ron) and Cubist (Steve) in copious exchanges of banter).    Make sure you are up to speed on the Welsh for "pass the fire extinguisher".

Take care out there..................we may be about.............or will we?.........

Welcome to the madcap world of CSH/R2E&Cubist..............cor blimey, there's a rum-do and no mistake.  Pass the millinery catalogue.

4 hours ago, Carole Simpson-Hadley said:

Memo to self...must get Cubist a new dictionary.  Or was that intentional.......hmmm.

A dictionary......no, but many thanks for the thought. The real problem is dyslexic fingers resulting from the First Ladies theft of my rather nice Apple keyboard and replacing it with this abominable HP sewing machine that has more pedal travel than a car with a busted brake line.

6 hours ago, Oldkeeper said:

I'll have to look for a Borsalino Fedora next week,

I can recommend a little shop next to a rather nice bar in the Piazza del Popolo.

6 hours ago, Oldkeeper said:

as my wife has decided that my current Foster Grant's are entirely unsuitable and that only "His n Hers" Ray Bans are anywhere near acceptable.

I concur with her sentiments re Foster Grants but Ray Bans are for the Beamer hacks - Oakleys are the only way to go to complement the Jaguar panache.

On 7/15/2018 at 5:59 PM, cubist said:

Oakleys are the only way to go to complement the Jaguar panache.

Aha, should have seen that coming..............should have gone to Specsavers. Doh.      Meanwhile, just what sort of "little shop" are we talking about in the Piazza del Popolo.......tsh tsh.  More tea vicar?

Returning to topic (there's a first!), how did the radio code search go, Dave?

Happy growling

26 minutes ago, Carole Simpson-Hadley said:

Meanwhile, just what sort of "little shop" are we talking about in the Piazza del Popolo.......tsh tsh.  More tea vicar?

A high class.............milliners I think it was.

33 minutes ago, cubist said:

A high class.............milliners I think it was.

We have sent Claude to investigate. He may not accept the excuse that a dyslexic finger resulted in "milliner" coming out of "bordello".      He has suddenly come over all photogenic, after many covert expeditions.   Watch this space in the next couple of days.............

Sadly this is not the first time that wayward h... digits have got me into trouble.

Hopefully, Claude's attentions will not make it the last.:help: