Hello,new member here, looking for advice,i currently have a 2003 petrol x type, and was thinking of trading her in for either a 2nd hand XK8 0R XF,have a budget of around 7-9k.Dont do much driving as i commute to work by tube, so car is just a weekend /pleasure need.I could keep the x type as its only covered 65k,but had it 10 years and fancied a change, any ideas?

20190111_133048.jpg

Hi Kenny, and welcome to the club.

Your choice is a good one.  Two very good cars, and it comes down to whether you want a  luxury saloon or a Grand Tourer.  

After my x type AWD V6 2.5 I wanted a luxury saloon, which is my regular car, as I am retired and only do around 5000 miles a year   ---  I always wanted an s type so I went for one with all the bells and whistles.

If I was just wanting a weekend car and I did not need a car to carry grandchildren around occasionally, I would go for the XK8.

Regards,

Peter.

Peter, many thanks,i only do around 5k a year as i work in the city and take the tube to work, plus, i dont have kids

Hi Kenny,

It looks like the XK8 would be a good car for you.

I lived 500 yards from my office in the West Midlands, but I also had a company car and did about 20k a year.  Retirement in 1999 let me choose cars!

Regards, 

Peter.

old peter, thanks, i wish i could afford both an xf and an xk8

• Like 1