That was a long time ago.

frankc

Had a member of JOC at the Much Marcle JEC meeting this week.  His appearance prompted me back onto this forum.   I see what is sadly lacking are answers!  So to rectify this I am going through all the posts one by one and answering the questions if I can. 

OK some of the questions are very old but someone now or in the future may have the same problem, or perhaps the original posters still have the problem!

If you want to take a look at what I have done to my Jag feel free to have a look at this click me , make sure you have a couple of days spare to read it all though.  Feel free to quote my past postings and comment, question etc.

Right must get back to answering some more questions. 😎

P.S  Why do we have to click "Edit Topic" to post?  Sounds very counter intuitive. 

Hi Frank....good to have you back on the forum

It would be great if you could answer any questions that you may have the answer to as this does seem to be a widespread problem where the original poster comes in, asks the question, gets the answer and then goes without giving feedback, e.g. did the answer resolve the problem?

If you need any help with a few batches of questions then please let me or any other moderators know and we will see what we can do to fill this void.

You should be able to answer posts by clicking Reply to Topic or Quote and this should open a response box.

Beautiful XKR by the way....looks like it is cherished and nice to see the attention to detail.

Cheers . Trevor

Thanks for the compliments Trevor.

I am no Jaguar 'expert' but if you work long enough on anything you come across loads of problems even if you do not look for them.

I would be happy enough to try and answer as many questions as anyone would like to throw at me, not promising to know the answers but (touch wood) but only been stumped once.  My dashcam, fitted and hardwired in by myself kept blowing a fuse.  9 fuses later I still had not worked out what it was.  Eventually found the answer though helped out by a fellow Jag enthusiast.    So that is a riddle for you what would keep blowing my dashcam fuse?   Had been working fine for two years..........

I know a couple of  local people who are members obviously  have a Jag, but do not have a X100.   

Anyway I must get on.   This cup of tea is not going to drink itself. 😉

FrankC

P.S So what kept blowing the fuse?  🎆

17 minutes ago, frankc said:

I would be happy enough to try and answer as many questions as anyone would like to throw at me, not promising to know the answers but (touch wood) but only been stumped once.  My dashcam, fitted and hardwired in by myself kept blowing a fuse.  9 fuses later I still had not worked out what it was.  Eventually found the answer though helped out by a fellow Jag enthusiast.    So that is a riddle for you what would keep blowing my dashcam fuse?   Had been working fine for two years..........

P.S So what kept blowing the fuse?  🎆

I would say at a guess that it is either the fuse was tapped into a switchable polarity (e.g. switches to earth - similar to electric windows) or the cable was trapped somewhere shorting to earth?

3 hours ago, Jaguar Owners Club said:

I would say at a guess that it is either the fuse was tapped into a switchable polarity (e.g. switches to earth - similar to electric windows) or the cable was trapped somewhere shorting to earth?

Nope.  Something so simple, and in a way daft, I dont think I would ever have thought of it but you had the right idea.  I thought along the same lines but could not solve it.

I used a piggyback to link into the cars power system.  I did it onto a fuse in the box between the door frame and the door itself.  Have a read Click me to read

After trying everything I could think of and using up 9 fuses I was told to look into the cigar lighter.   I looked.  A 5p coin had dropped in there, I had previously removed the lighter itself, and was resting in the bottom.  The coin was shorting out and blowing the fuse.   Who would think of looking in there!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Join The Club

Join the Jaguar Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

• Topics

• Our picks

• Simply Jaguar show at Beaulieu - Sunday 23rd June 2024
      Jaguar Owners Club have a stand at this year's Simply Jaguar event at the National Motor Museum at Beaulieu, Hampshire on Sunday 23rd June 2024

Tickets are available online here: https://www.beaulieu.co.uk/events/simply-jaguar/
      • 1 reply
    • JAGUAR’S LAST PETROL SPORTS CAR: F-TYPE ZP EDITION TAKES THE CHEQUERED FLAG
      Jaguar is commemorating the end of its internal combustion sports car lineage in 2024 with an exclusive limited-edition F-TYPE inspired by two iconic 1960s racing E-types

Just 150 examples of the F-TYPE ZP Edition will be the last internal combustion-engined sports cars designed by Jaguar. These 575PS supercharged petrol V8 F-TYPEs feature specially curated interior and exterior details by the personalisation experts at SV Bespoke.
    • UPDATE SHOW INFORMATION !

Please find attached your club label – please can this be distributed amongst your club members prior to the event. Please ensure that they print this label and display it in their windscreen upon entry to the event, this ensures that all members wishing to park within your club area are directed to the correct parking location by our stewards. Please do not modify or add logos to the club label.

We do ask that all individuals have purchased their tickets on an individual basis in advance via our website, to speed up the entry process on the day. This can be done on our website here until 2pm on the day when admission closes: https://www.beaulieu.co.uk/events/simply-jaguar.

Note that we do have two entrances available, one is exhibitors gate at the bottom of the hill as you come in to Beaulieu, with the other being the normal Simply event entrance within the attraction. Either entrance is fine to use and both are open from 9.00am, with the exhibitors entrance closing around 11am.

Jaguar Owners Club (1).pdf
    • Simply Jaguar - Beaulieu Motor Museum - 25th June 2023
      Jaguar Owners Club have a stand at this years Simply Jaguar event at the National Motor Museum at Beaulieu, Hampshire on Sunday 26th June 2023

Tickets are available online here: https://www.beaulieu.co.uk/events/simply-jaguar/

TICKETS & PRICES
      Participant prices are only valid if arriving in a Jaguar and taking part in the rally. They are not valid for those arriving on foot.

Participants can make the most of our EARLY BIRD discount by booking before 28th February 2023.

Children under 5 require a ticket, this can be booked online free of charge.

Participant and visitor tickets will include entrance to the rest of the Beaulieu attraction, including the National Motor Museum, Palace House, Little Beaulieu, World of Top Gear, Beaulieu Abbey and its grounds and gardens.

The best time for viewing the Simply rally is between 10am and 2pm.

Adult

Child

Participants – Early Bird*

£14.00

£7.50

Participants – Standard & On The Day

£16.00

£8.00

Visitors

Normal admission applies.

Normal admission applies

*Early bird tickets are available until 28th February 2023

VEHICLE ENTRY
      Entry with your Jaguar is from 9am – 2pm. Please make sure you have your ticket printed or available on your phone, ready to be scanned on arrival.

Please do not arrive early for our Simply rallies as no facilities will be open prior to 9:30am.

Cars cannot leave and re-enter the grounds for the Simply rallies.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

CLUB STAND ATTENDEE LIST

We do ask for a final update on numbers 2 weeks prior to the event following which we will send out club labels to you via email for you to then distribute out to club members. Club members then need to print and display these in their windscreen on arrival. This helps us then park you all in your club area together.

1. Trevor (admin)
      2.  Paj

• 5 replies
    • F-TYPE marks 75 years of Jaguar sports cars and its final model year update
      The Jaguar F-TYPE is the definitive Jaguar sports car from a rich bloodline spanning 75 years and including some of the most iconic models ever built

Forums

News

Membership