HELP

today i removed the cd changer from the boot as the magazine was stuck . i managed to get it out and refitted the unit to the car pressed the eject button but still no eject gave it a few taps and then it came out did this a few times and it was working fine then the light on the eject button went out and does not come back on again so does not eject any more .now the radio shows the station and volume but no sound also now the car screen says no phone fitted and the phone does not work i have checked all fuses  the car is 2005 xj6 any help gratefully received thanks

Hi Paul took the cdc out again today and found the flexi tape between the cdc player and the box at the rear was torn searched e bay and found the part so its a waiting game till the part comes thanks again for reply will post again when i refit the unit  Ian 

Hi just an update i have fitted the ribbon and refitted the cdc which is now ejecting as it should but still no sound from radio. When i press the cd button nothing happens no warning on screen like before,

also when i press phone button it says on the screen there is no phone on this system ,it has been fitted from new am i missing something or is there a reset button?? also does the mute button on the steering wheel have anything to do with the music side of things or is it just for the phone ,how does it un mute just by moving the volume control ,its doing my head in just by disconnecting the cdc all this other problems have appeared  hope you can shed some light for me thanks ian

To start off with, I'd suspect that a total loss of sound has to be a D2B problem. Re-check the D2B on the CDC first perhaps? Otherwise, there should be a D2B loopback connector in the wiring loom somewhere close by. Disconnect the CDC D2B and plug the loopback into the loom and see if you get any sounds from elsewhere ie. radio, single CD etc.

HI PAUL HAVE TRIED THE LOOP BUT STILL NO SOUND HAVE ALSO TRIED THE EJECT AND AM FM BUTTON THEN EJECT AND MIX THIS SHOWS MAIN THEN DTS THEN BACK TO MAIN  HAVE ALSO TRIED THE TORCH ON THE FIBRE OPTICS AND ALL SHOW LIGHT AT THE OTHER END I HAVE ALSO CHECKED THE FUSES BUT ONLY VISIBLY I WILL CHECK AGAIN WITH THE METER ALSO I DONT KNOW IF I MENTIONED BEFORE BUT THE IN CAR PHONE IS ALSO NOT WORKING WHEN I PRESS THE PHONE BUTTON THE DASH SAYS ITS NOT FITTED WHEN I PRESS THE CD BUTTON THERE IS NO CHANGE IN DASH JUST KEEPS SOWING THE CHANNELS ANY THING ELSE I CAN TRY THANKS IAN 

Hi paul no i only have snap on modus plus and dont see anything for audio on it will i need t go to a Jaguar main dealer pity you are so far away i am up in the north east of scotland  maybe i will phone the nearest main dealer and ask if they will do a diagnostic in  aberdeen or inverness thanks maybe its time for a change of address for the jag ian 

I was based at Kinloss many years ago (When we still had Nimrods). Wonderful part of the world.

Maybe a club member close to you has SDD? Personaqlly I don't think there's too much of a problem with your car but dealers will charge £100 just for a quick diagnostic check.

However, in quiet desperation, disconnect the battery (make sure you have the radio code), touch the two battery wires together and leave for 10 minutes before re-connecting.

OK just back from aberlour internal cdc player fault so i will buy a loop and bypass the cdc and see what happens do you have a number for the loop or just use the same number  on the existing loop cheers ian

HI paul we put our class 7 mots up to oggs garage in aberlour we are up quite a lot so it was a freebie i work in a garage in rothes  we only do class 4 like most garages so we can work together a bit i dont have a loop  would you know the part no or will any loop off eBay fit ??if you have a cdc in working order i would buy it from you cheers ian

• 3 weeks later...

HI PAUL  I GOT THE CDC YESTERDAY AND FITTED IT THIS AFTERNOON HALLIELU ALL IS SINGING AND DANCING AND ALL THANKS TO YOU I COULD STILL DO WITH HAVING A LOOP FOR FUTURE DIAGNOSING IF YOU HAVE A SPARE OR EVEN A PART NO I CAN TRY E BAY AUTO TRONICS DO ONE BUT NOT FOR MY AGE OF CAR ANYWAY THANKS AGAIN FOR ALL YOUR HELP IAN

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Join The Club

Join the Jaguar Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

• Topics

• Our picks

• Simply Jaguar show at Beaulieu - Sunday 23rd June 2024
      Jaguar Owners Club have a stand at this year's Simply Jaguar event at the National Motor Museum at Beaulieu, Hampshire on Sunday 23rd June 2024

Tickets are available online here: https://www.beaulieu.co.uk/events/simply-jaguar/
      • 1 reply
    • JAGUAR’S LAST PETROL SPORTS CAR: F-TYPE ZP EDITION TAKES THE CHEQUERED FLAG
      Jaguar is commemorating the end of its internal combustion sports car lineage in 2024 with an exclusive limited-edition F-TYPE inspired by two iconic 1960s racing E-types

Just 150 examples of the F-TYPE ZP Edition will be the last internal combustion-engined sports cars designed by Jaguar. These 575PS supercharged petrol V8 F-TYPEs feature specially curated interior and exterior details by the personalisation experts at SV Bespoke.
    • UPDATE SHOW INFORMATION !

Please find attached your club label – please can this be distributed amongst your club members prior to the event. Please ensure that they print this label and display it in their windscreen upon entry to the event, this ensures that all members wishing to park within your club area are directed to the correct parking location by our stewards. Please do not modify or add logos to the club label.

We do ask that all individuals have purchased their tickets on an individual basis in advance via our website, to speed up the entry process on the day. This can be done on our website here until 2pm on the day when admission closes: https://www.beaulieu.co.uk/events/simply-jaguar.

Note that we do have two entrances available, one is exhibitors gate at the bottom of the hill as you come in to Beaulieu, with the other being the normal Simply event entrance within the attraction. Either entrance is fine to use and both are open from 9.00am, with the exhibitors entrance closing around 11am.

Jaguar Owners Club (1).pdf
    • Simply Jaguar - Beaulieu Motor Museum - 25th June 2023
      Jaguar Owners Club have a stand at this years Simply Jaguar event at the National Motor Museum at Beaulieu, Hampshire on Sunday 26th June 2023

Tickets are available online here: https://www.beaulieu.co.uk/events/simply-jaguar/

TICKETS & PRICES
      Participant prices are only valid if arriving in a Jaguar and taking part in the rally. They are not valid for those arriving on foot.

Participants can make the most of our EARLY BIRD discount by booking before 28th February 2023.

Children under 5 require a ticket, this can be booked online free of charge.

Participant and visitor tickets will include entrance to the rest of the Beaulieu attraction, including the National Motor Museum, Palace House, Little Beaulieu, World of Top Gear, Beaulieu Abbey and its grounds and gardens.

The best time for viewing the Simply rally is between 10am and 2pm.

Adult

Child

Participants – Early Bird*

£14.00

£7.50

Participants – Standard & On The Day

£16.00

£8.00

Visitors

Normal admission applies.

Normal admission applies

*Early bird tickets are available until 28th February 2023

VEHICLE ENTRY
      Entry with your Jaguar is from 9am – 2pm. Please make sure you have your ticket printed or available on your phone, ready to be scanned on arrival.

Please do not arrive early for our Simply rallies as no facilities will be open prior to 9:30am.

Cars cannot leave and re-enter the grounds for the Simply rallies.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

CLUB STAND ATTENDEE LIST

We do ask for a final update on numbers 2 weeks prior to the event following which we will send out club labels to you via email for you to then distribute out to club members. Club members then need to print and display these in their windscreen on arrival. This helps us then park you all in your club area together.

1. Trevor (admin)
      2.  Paj

• 5 replies
    • F-TYPE marks 75 years of Jaguar sports cars and its final model year update
      The Jaguar F-TYPE is the definitive Jaguar sports car from a rich bloodline spanning 75 years and including some of the most iconic models ever built

Forums

News

Membership