Hi all I thinking of buying a sportbrake but not sure which engine is best to get and is thier any issues I should look for 

Hi Nick....welcome to the Club

It really depends on what sort of driving you will mostly be doing...e.g. motorway driving then a diesel is fine, town driving either small diesel or most certainly petrol and hybrid.

Town driving and work do cover around 170 mile a week and once a month will be doing a 650 mile round trip and the occasional uk holiday to cornwall 

Welcome to the Cub, Nick.  With that mileage/driving profile you should have no trouble with the DPF in a Diesel.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, bmcl6 said:

Welcome to the Cub, Nick.  With that mileage/driving profile you should have no trouble with the DPF in a Diesel.

Thanks just wonder which one would I best with v6 240 or 2.2 200 would like the 270 but think it will drink to much lol

I think the 270 would be fine if lower gears are used and engine revs are high as this would keep the engine running clean and also should be quite close to the 200 for economy.

Ok thanks for your help as iam running a v6 petrol at mo think will give the v6 diesel age cheers

On 10/15/2019 at 8:59 PM, Nick2019 said:

Thanks just wonder which one would I best with v6 240 or 2.2 200 would like the 270 but think it will drink to much lol

I was looking for v6 3.0  (i was not aware of the 2.2d)  I saw the one I eventually bought following a test drive and was not aware of the engine size till we got back from the drive.   I was more than impressed with the performance and sealed the deal.   I have no regrets after over a year.