Vibration

Roy1211

Hi guys I wonder if anyone has had the same problem as me with my beloved 2.7 xf 58 reg,

the problem is when the car gets to 60/70 mph I get a vibration it’s very difficult to describe, 

ive had new disks & pads on the rear ( still the same) 

I’ve had the wheels balanced twice ( still the same)

it’s going back to the garage next week to have the front wheel bearing changed although the garage says it’s only very very slightly play in it but thought I’d have the front disks & pads changed at the same time,

has anyone had this problem with the xf or have I got the only xf out thire with this problem?? 
it is a real pity as I love the car but this problem is starting to get expensive to try and solve, 

I'm hopping someone will give me some help on this

thanks guys 

Roy 

Hi Roy,

I bought my 2011 XF-S just over a year ago; had two problems...

• Awful grip due to cheap Chinese tyres
  • Vibration from the front wheels when braking

First was a no-brainer - 4x Pirelli P-Zeros, sorted!

Second was a bit more challenging to my pocket, namely new discs and pads for the front, but now completely fixed.

Sounds like you have a different problem though, as mine only vibrated when braking. 

Could you, maybe, have a damaged wheel? Or just a duff tyre?

I wish you the best of luck, and hope to hear of a resolution.

Cheers,
Jon

Thanks Jon but had the wheels and tyres all checked and all good, was reading a few posts on here and sounds like it’s a bit of a xf problem, when it goes the the garage ( again) next week I’ll ask them if they can to check the prop and the rubber doughnuts ??? 

I’m just under £700 trying to sort this out so I’m to far in now to stop investigating the problem,

I just want it to run like a Jaguar should 

thanks again Jon for your reply 

Hi---A few years back I had  a similar problem on a different make of car --and was told at the time to 

reduce the  pressures by a few pound on all wheels ---below recommended --- and it worked ???

worth a try perhaps ???

Vibration up date

returning from work the other night stopped to put some fuel in, come to start it and the engine just keeled spinning over sounded like no compression I thought oh nooooio cam belt but after about 5 mins of trying to start it it fired up, drove it home with no problem??? I thought that was the end of my beautiful xf, I’ve just had a walk up to my local garage and he said to try and get it to him, after 3 days of the jag being left I came back from garage and thought I’d try her one more time, jumped in pressed the button and she fired straight up with no problem at all so now I’m confused as to the fault 😩 I thought the cam belt had gone but it can’t have as now it’s fine ?? 
she just sounded like she had no compression at all but now seems ok 😩

I hope this post will shed a light on anybody who’s had similar issues as me

will keep you all posted as to the outcome 

Roy 

• 1 month later...

Up date on the vibration on my beloved xf, I took the car yesterday to my local exhaust and battery shop as a last resort to check my Wheels and to my dismay found out I have 2 buckled wheels 😩 after all the time she has spent in the garage only to come to the conclusion I have knackered wheels, so now I’m looking for a good and straight set I can buy, has anyone got a set I can buy ????? Mine are 18 inch HELP 👍👍👍👍

• 3 weeks later...

Had same problem on both my xf's,lower control arm bushes(banana shaped)don't go for a cheap replacement part tho.I fell for that and it didn't cure the problem,plus worn pads and discs dont help at the same speeds.not a cheap fix tbh but it works

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Join The Club

Join the Jaguar Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

• Topics

• Our picks

• Simply Jaguar show at Beaulieu - Sunday 23rd June 2024
      Jaguar Owners Club have a stand at this year's Simply Jaguar event at the National Motor Museum at Beaulieu, Hampshire on Sunday 23rd June 2024

Tickets are available online here: https://www.beaulieu.co.uk/events/simply-jaguar/
      • 1 reply
    • JAGUAR’S LAST PETROL SPORTS CAR: F-TYPE ZP EDITION TAKES THE CHEQUERED FLAG
      Jaguar is commemorating the end of its internal combustion sports car lineage in 2024 with an exclusive limited-edition F-TYPE inspired by two iconic 1960s racing E-types

Just 150 examples of the F-TYPE ZP Edition will be the last internal combustion-engined sports cars designed by Jaguar. These 575PS supercharged petrol V8 F-TYPEs feature specially curated interior and exterior details by the personalisation experts at SV Bespoke.
    • UPDATE SHOW INFORMATION !

Please find attached your club label – please can this be distributed amongst your club members prior to the event. Please ensure that they print this label and display it in their windscreen upon entry to the event, this ensures that all members wishing to park within your club area are directed to the correct parking location by our stewards. Please do not modify or add logos to the club label.

We do ask that all individuals have purchased their tickets on an individual basis in advance via our website, to speed up the entry process on the day. This can be done on our website here until 2pm on the day when admission closes: https://www.beaulieu.co.uk/events/simply-jaguar.

Note that we do have two entrances available, one is exhibitors gate at the bottom of the hill as you come in to Beaulieu, with the other being the normal Simply event entrance within the attraction. Either entrance is fine to use and both are open from 9.00am, with the exhibitors entrance closing around 11am.

Jaguar Owners Club (1).pdf
    • Simply Jaguar - Beaulieu Motor Museum - 25th June 2023
      Jaguar Owners Club have a stand at this years Simply Jaguar event at the National Motor Museum at Beaulieu, Hampshire on Sunday 26th June 2023

Tickets are available online here: https://www.beaulieu.co.uk/events/simply-jaguar/

TICKETS & PRICES
      Participant prices are only valid if arriving in a Jaguar and taking part in the rally. They are not valid for those arriving on foot.

Participants can make the most of our EARLY BIRD discount by booking before 28th February 2023.

Children under 5 require a ticket, this can be booked online free of charge.

Participant and visitor tickets will include entrance to the rest of the Beaulieu attraction, including the National Motor Museum, Palace House, Little Beaulieu, World of Top Gear, Beaulieu Abbey and its grounds and gardens.

The best time for viewing the Simply rally is between 10am and 2pm.

Adult

Child

Participants – Early Bird*

£14.00

£7.50

Participants – Standard & On The Day

£16.00

£8.00

Visitors

Normal admission applies.

Normal admission applies

*Early bird tickets are available until 28th February 2023

VEHICLE ENTRY
      Entry with your Jaguar is from 9am – 2pm. Please make sure you have your ticket printed or available on your phone, ready to be scanned on arrival.

Please do not arrive early for our Simply rallies as no facilities will be open prior to 9:30am.

Cars cannot leave and re-enter the grounds for the Simply rallies.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

CLUB STAND ATTENDEE LIST

We do ask for a final update on numbers 2 weeks prior to the event following which we will send out club labels to you via email for you to then distribute out to club members. Club members then need to print and display these in their windscreen on arrival. This helps us then park you all in your club area together.

1. Trevor (admin)
      2.  Paj

• 5 replies
    • F-TYPE marks 75 years of Jaguar sports cars and its final model year update
      The Jaguar F-TYPE is the definitive Jaguar sports car from a rich bloodline spanning 75 years and including some of the most iconic models ever built

Forums

News

Membership