InControl - map updates

ChrisByr

Newly purchased F Type 2016 and have extended warranty.

When driving across country the maps were clearly oute of date as two motorways/new road did not show on the maps (M6). I looked at the SD card and logged into the Jaguar updater site. I reviewed the card which showed maps from 2015. The website scanned the card and said the SD card had the updated map and there were no more updates for this card. I looked again on the card and could see all content was still dated 2015 and there are no updates at all on the card (which means previous owner did not update or there are actually no map updates from 2015) - which raises the point....what is the point of having a map updater app if there are no map updates. Am I missing something here? How can i get 2020 map updates on the SD card that came with the car - you have to use this one as it has your VIN on it. Any advice welcome - can i put another mapping system on the SD card?

I believe that the in control touch 8 inch screen with the buttons down each side cannot not updated, it has to be the in control touch Pro 10 inch screen that can be updated.And the price they're asking is ridiculous, some owner's have bought Garmin and they're updated for free.

Jaguar couldn't care less about there Customer's they've abandoned Customer's for year's,the last updated discs for X Type's and the first XF s finished in 2012.

Regards Tom.

• 1 year later...

Check the system you have by going Jaguar in control Subscription
Depending on the year you need to updated via USB then you need to go to https://www.jaguar.here.com/index.php

Your log in information will be what the car system has been set up - if in doubt please speak to your dealer to ensure that the car has been reset to your account and activated correctly. Once your account is active then you can sign in on the car and in this site and then download the latest map - this is locked to the VIN of the car. Your subscription to Here.com will determine the map you need to buy - the system allows a 1 year or longer 3 year subscription.  The maps are updated every month.

• 2 months later...

You are all quite correct , updates were / are not available beyond 2016.

My V6s registered on the 27 of November 2016 (MY 17) has no updates available.

I have checked with the producers of the actual mapping system who  say that it is up to Jaguar to continue to pay the licence, in which case they could continue to provide updates  as they do for other makes of car,.

I had long discussions with Jaguar about the situation who in the end sent me £300 to buy a Sat Nav. which whilst welcome  peeved me as I had already parted with some £75k to buy the car.  

• 5 months later...

Hi - I have a late 2015 XF and have received an e mail from Jaguar very recently saying new updates are available for Europe and incl Russia!  The customer service as often are rubbish and only seem interested in warranty cars and seem to have no knowledge. Take it to your dealer! So I do that which is not local and pay them plus for updates. What should have been a simple download was not possible to do via SD card via computer.The whole Jaguar website could be far easier and I use many. The system is not the best anyway but I only want UK updates. Any comments on this please? I'm not sure if you can just select UK and any idea how much these updates cost?   cheers

1 hour ago, Timcook1 said:

Hi - I have a late 2015 XF and have received an e mail from Jaguar very recently saying new updates are available for Europe and incl Russia!  The customer service as often are rubbish and only seem interested in warranty cars and seem to have no knowledge. Take it to your dealer! So I do that which is not local and pay them plus for updates. What should have been a simple download was not possible to do via SD card via computer.The whole Jaguar website could be far easier and I use many. The system is not the best anyway but I only want UK updates. Any comments on this please? I'm not sure if you can just select UK and any idea how much these updates cost?   cheers

Tim

Think you have said it all about Jaguar.

Best Wishes, John

• 1 month later...

Tim Cook 1,

Would you please post a copy of the e mail you received from JLR that there is a  Dealer Supplied Map Up Date available for 2015/16 Cars as my Dealer knows nothing about it. - Thank you.

Oh, What was the price charged?

Sorry, in frustration I abandoned the project and deleted the e mail. I have used Google Maps with a magnetic clip for a phone. Much better than the inbuilt sat nav but a shame. Jaguar really need to improve their communication and customer service that is well below standard.