Brand new 5.0 short block for sale.

I bought a 2010 XKR with a blown engine. Idea was to rebuild the engine with my 3 young boys (12, 11 and 6), and as you might imagine I made great progress for a few weeks then it turned from fun to work and they lost interest. By that time I'd ordered and bought a brand new short block from Jaguar AJ812891 (these retail around $9,000).

So long story short I sold the car as a project to another brave soul, who has actually swapped the engine from a wrecked car and its back on the road. I now have a brand new engine sat in my garage waiting on the next car in need.

Let me know if you need any more info, if I don't sell it I guess I'll have a spare should my XKR-S ever need one but that isn't my ideal.

Asking $6,500 plus shipping.

IMG_0398(1).jpg

IMG_0814.HEIC IMG_0367(1).HEIC IMG_0368(1).HEIC IMG_0369(1).HEIC IMG_0370(1).HEIC IMG_0371(1).HEIC IMG_0372(1).HEIC IMG_0373(1).HEIC IMG_0374(1).HEIC IMG_0375(1).HEIC IMG_0395(1).HEIC IMG_0396(1).HEIC IMG_0397(1).HEIC IMG_0403.HEIC IMG_0812.HEIC IMG_0813.HEIC

• 1 month later...

bought it last year, so nearing a year now. The block for the NA and super charged are the same, Its the heads that determines the compression.

Look the part number up on a Jaguar dealer parts site, it will show the applications, any Jag with 5.0 liter block its good for.

Let me know if you need any more info.

I have a XKR-S now, so if I don't sell it I'll just keep it for a spare, its in the original shipping crate.

Steve

I actually need it for a range rover sport supercharged that the bottom end is knocking, the description on Jaguar list various Jaguar applications for both na and sc so not sure if this will work. will do.some more research. can you send some pics of the block and pistons.

see attached, when I was looking into rebuilding the jag (2010 XKR) I found RR had the same parts but different part numbers. I believe the 5.0 Jag and RR are based off the same block but you need to confirm for yourself, I don't want to you buy something you can't use. I went for the short block because I wasn't able to find much info on bearings and getting the crank ground down and then get oversized bearings. Decided the safest bet was the get the block with new crank pistons rods etc.

The photos I took when I first got the engine, if you need more you might need to wait till weekend. Where are you located.IMG_0375(1).HEIC

IMG_0398(1).jpg

IMG_0812.HEIC IMG_0813.HEIC IMG_0397(1).HEIC IMG_0396(1).HEIC IMG_0395(1).HEIC IMG_0403.HEIC

NAV,

Here is the name of the company that actually manufactures the engines for Jag, maybe you can call them and ask if this is the same block for the range rover

Autocraft Drivetrain Solutions Limited
TEL: 01476 581311 | FAX: 01476 581301 | EMAIL: bshepherd@autocraftds.com | WEB: http://www.autocraftds.com

image.thumb.png.61d14eb03882f474fbf2a981d26c835c.png

Hope this helps

Steve

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

• 9 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Join The Club

Join the Jaguar Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

• Topics

• Our picks

• Simply Jaguar show at Beaulieu - Sunday 23rd June 2024
      Jaguar Owners Club have a stand at this year's Simply Jaguar event at the National Motor Museum at Beaulieu, Hampshire on Sunday 23rd June 2024

Tickets are available online here: https://www.beaulieu.co.uk/events/simply-jaguar/
      • 1 reply
    • JAGUAR’S LAST PETROL SPORTS CAR: F-TYPE ZP EDITION TAKES THE CHEQUERED FLAG
      Jaguar is commemorating the end of its internal combustion sports car lineage in 2024 with an exclusive limited-edition F-TYPE inspired by two iconic 1960s racing E-types

Just 150 examples of the F-TYPE ZP Edition will be the last internal combustion-engined sports cars designed by Jaguar. These 575PS supercharged petrol V8 F-TYPEs feature specially curated interior and exterior details by the personalisation experts at SV Bespoke.
    • UPDATE SHOW INFORMATION !

Please find attached your club label – please can this be distributed amongst your club members prior to the event. Please ensure that they print this label and display it in their windscreen upon entry to the event, this ensures that all members wishing to park within your club area are directed to the correct parking location by our stewards. Please do not modify or add logos to the club label.

We do ask that all individuals have purchased their tickets on an individual basis in advance via our website, to speed up the entry process on the day. This can be done on our website here until 2pm on the day when admission closes: https://www.beaulieu.co.uk/events/simply-jaguar.

Note that we do have two entrances available, one is exhibitors gate at the bottom of the hill as you come in to Beaulieu, with the other being the normal Simply event entrance within the attraction. Either entrance is fine to use and both are open from 9.00am, with the exhibitors entrance closing around 11am.

Jaguar Owners Club (1).pdf
    • Simply Jaguar - Beaulieu Motor Museum - 25th June 2023
      Jaguar Owners Club have a stand at this years Simply Jaguar event at the National Motor Museum at Beaulieu, Hampshire on Sunday 26th June 2023

Tickets are available online here: https://www.beaulieu.co.uk/events/simply-jaguar/

TICKETS & PRICES
      Participant prices are only valid if arriving in a Jaguar and taking part in the rally. They are not valid for those arriving on foot.

Participants can make the most of our EARLY BIRD discount by booking before 28th February 2023.

Children under 5 require a ticket, this can be booked online free of charge.

Participant and visitor tickets will include entrance to the rest of the Beaulieu attraction, including the National Motor Museum, Palace House, Little Beaulieu, World of Top Gear, Beaulieu Abbey and its grounds and gardens.

The best time for viewing the Simply rally is between 10am and 2pm.

Adult

Child

Participants – Early Bird*

£14.00

£7.50

Participants – Standard & On The Day

£16.00

£8.00

Visitors

Normal admission applies.

Normal admission applies

*Early bird tickets are available until 28th February 2023

VEHICLE ENTRY
      Entry with your Jaguar is from 9am – 2pm. Please make sure you have your ticket printed or available on your phone, ready to be scanned on arrival.

Please do not arrive early for our Simply rallies as no facilities will be open prior to 9:30am.

Cars cannot leave and re-enter the grounds for the Simply rallies.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

CLUB STAND ATTENDEE LIST

We do ask for a final update on numbers 2 weeks prior to the event following which we will send out club labels to you via email for you to then distribute out to club members. Club members then need to print and display these in their windscreen on arrival. This helps us then park you all in your club area together.

1. Trevor (admin)
      2.  Paj

• 5 replies
    • F-TYPE marks 75 years of Jaguar sports cars and its final model year update
      The Jaguar F-TYPE is the definitive Jaguar sports car from a rich bloodline spanning 75 years and including some of the most iconic models ever built

Forums

News

Membership