ICarSoft LR V3.0

Raistlin

Normally I use SDD for most things but it can be a pain in the rear setting up and so, for more routine stuff, I've just acquired an ICarSoft LR V3.0

Does anybody know what the differences are between that and the V2.0 model please?

• 11 months later...

hi

the v2 had some extra features, but is very similar,

but version 3 differences are

The first change of note is that the iCarsoft V 3.0 is able to conduct actuation tests and auto VIN identity checks whereas the V2.0 OB2 scanner  could not. Also there are a number of extra special service functions that relate to a range of systems that include, Airbag crash data resets, Active damping control module tests, Adaptive speed control systems, Instrument cluster module tests

I have the Icarsoft CR PRO, which is also very similar, but covers all manuafacturers and lifetime updates

cheers

Joe

8 hours ago, JOE-DOT-COM said:

hi

the v2 had some extra features, but is very similar,

but version 3 differences are

The first change of note is that the iCarsoft V 3.0 is able to conduct actuation tests and auto VIN identity checks whereas the V2.0 OB2 scanner  could not. Also there are a number of extra special service functions that relate to a range of systems that include, Airbag crash data resets, Active damping control module tests, Adaptive speed control systems, Instrument cluster module tests

I have the Icarsoft CR PRO, which is also very similar, but covers all manuafacturers and lifetime updates

cheers

Joe

Joe

Having never conquered how to use the computer for it and the JLR SDD/IDS software I bought. I am wondering how detailed and efficient you find the         Icarsoft CR PRO. Reading latest listings for them I am not so sure they cover all manufacturers and have lifetime updates. The companies website seems to be quoting limited manufacturers and the update is to be purchase for given number of years at extra costs.

The main point though is the efficiency and detail of the job that the equipment will do.

Thanks and Regards, John

19 hours ago, Wrinkly said:

Joe

Having never conquered how to use the computer for it and the JLR SDD/IDS software I bought. I am wondering how detailed and efficient you find the         Icarsoft CR PRO. Reading latest listings for them I am not so sure they cover all manufacturers and have lifetime updates. The companies website seems to be quoting limited manufacturers and the update is to be purchase for given number of years at extra costs.

The main point though is the efficiency and detail of the job that the equipment will do.

Thanks and Regards, John

Hi

Ive had mine icarsoft CR Pro about a year and half, it covers all manufacturers and it came with lifetime up dates, you just remove the sd card, plug it into your pc and run  the iCarsoft MSDIAG PCClientKits and it updates.

work really well, I allways keep it in the car so i can view faults and reset them if im away from home,

its updated 3 times allready getting any extra features cam as v11.3, then updated to v11.45, now at v11.5, due another update any time

Ive never used it on my Jaguar, as Ive never had any problems, also the S-type R, had the ability to read codes and reset them on the touch screen in the hidden menu's

I've used it on fords, landrovers, fiat, mitsubishi, vauxhall, audi, vw , peugeot so far with no issues, it paid for itself a few time over now

some pics below

cheers

Joe

also they look like there still cover all manufacturers and still have lifetime updates, icarsoft cr pro on eBay link to ebat icarsoft cr pro

pictures are not the best but they give idea of cars covered

DSC_0977.JPG

DSC_0978.JPG

DSC_0972.JPG

DSC_0973.JPG

DSC_0974.JPG

DSC_0975.JPG

DSC_0976.JPG

DSC_0979.JPG

DSC_0980.JPG

2 hours ago, JOE-DOT-COM said:

Hi

Ive had mine icarsoft CR Pro about a year and half, it covers all manufacturers and it came with lifetime up dates, you just remove the sd card, plug it into your pc and run  the iCarsoft MSDIAG PCClientKits and it updates.

work really well, I allways keep it in the car so i can view faults and reset them if im away from home,

its updated 3 times allready getting any extra features cam as v11.3, then updated to v11.45, now at v11.5, due another update any time

Ive never used it on my Jaguar, as Ive never had any problems, also the S-type R, had the ability to read codes and reset them on the touch screen in the hidden menu's

I've used it on fords, landrovers, fiat, mitsubishi, vauxhall, audi, vw , peugeot so far with no issues, it paid for itself a few time over now

some pics below

cheers

Joe

also they look like there still cover all manufacturers and still have lifetime updates, icarsoft cr pro on ebay link to ebat icarsoft cr pro

pictures are not the best but they give idea of cars covered

DSC_0977.JPG

DSC_0978.JPG

DSC_0972.JPG

DSC_0973.JPG

DSC_0974.JPG

DSC_0975.JPG

DSC_0976.JPG

DSC_0979.JPG

DSC_0980.JPG

Joe

I think I will invest in one of these. Since I bought the plug in SDD diagnostics and the Laptop Widows XP to run it, I have never conquered the what I consider complicated technology of getting to use it. 

Could, I suppose, hope sell the Laptop and SDD diagnostics. May be there is someone younger that me and more computer literate that would like to buy it. It might even sell if listed on this Forum.

Thanks again for your help. Best Wishes and Regards, John

• 5 months later...
On 1/16/2022 at 6:19 PM, JOE-DOT-COM said:

HI,

The beauty of these there easy to use and user friendy, very handy to keep in the car

you cant do everything IDS/SDD can but are great for every day use

cheers

Joe

Bought the iCarsoft PRO, but still find it very challenging to use. At 72 I am not "over tech gifted" and am finding the User manual I had to print from the internet is not really that helpful to me. 

Can read deeper into P0420 that my Foseal Diagnostic did, but cannot understand such things as live "% efficiency readings" from upstream and downstream Lambdas. Yes it gives the readings and that is OK if you understand what they are meaning.

I still get intermittent P0420 codes, despite having replaced each and every part of the Bank 1 induction system and exhaust system, and cannot understand why/how these intermittent codes keep occurring. Manifold Gaskets (6), plugs, coils, up and down stream Lambdas, Catalytic Converter (which was killed by misfiring), checked all joints for leaks. All replacement parts as OE. 

Any ideas from anyone would be much appreciated.

Best Wishes and Regards, John.