Jump to content

Japanese Import

Ted of York

Recommended Posts

I am thinking of buying a 2006 3.0 SE which has been imported back into the UK by a car dealer. It appears immaculate and good value. Only problem is that speedo is in Kph. Can you just swap the instrument panel for an Mph one from a UK spec 'write off' ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Apparently if the car is over 10 years old, it doesn't legally have to have an MPH speedo in the UK. I'd imagine it would be desirable though, or you'd constantly be having to do conversion in your head! I have a Japanese import MGF, that had been converted by the importer, but I eventually dropped in a new instrument binnacle. This was reasonably straightforward, but it's a simpler car than the Jag, so I can't comment on the specifics of doing the same to an S-Type  😉

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Create New...