Disappointed to be unable to use my Discount card when buying a new £143 battery for my XJ8. Was told by helpful staff at Newport S Wales store, that Halfords had suffered from a raft of Fraudulent activity and discounts had been removed from their accounting systems. Was advised to call the number on the card (Halfords Business) ,which I have and left message on automated service !! . No response as yet .

Anyone else experienced this ?

John 

Hi John

Apologies for this situation, Halfords recently changed the cards to a new system with very little notice

We can send out a new card to you which you should receive this week.

Regards,  Trevor (admin)

For the record, I've only just joined the club so I assume I've got the new card. It worked a couple of days ago anyway, got the 15% discount, which was a pleasant surprise as I thought it was only 10%. 

• Like 1
On 6/19/2021 at 7:18 PM, Dabsy said:

I already have the brown one given to me by BMWOC, maybe this will be refused... I will support JAGOC very soon 🙂

An old BMWOC card would not work anymore, will send out a new Halfords card upon Premium Membership being taken up....usually takes about a week to arrive.

• Thanks 1
On 6/18/2021 at 9:46 PM, Coolcity said:

For the record, I've only just joined the club so I assume I've got the new card. It worked a couple of days ago anyway, got the 15% discount, which was a pleasant surprise as I thought it was only 10%. 

You will have the new card but remember to take the wallet with you if purchasing bikes and equipment as this has a separate bar code.