Live Cigarette Lighter connections.

Wrinkly

My S Type appears to have two Cigarette Lighter Connections:

1/ In the ash tray (never used thankfully) this will work if the ignition is turned on but is not live with the ignition off.

2/ In the storage box between the two front seats this one does not appear to work at all when anything is plugged into it, neither with ignition on or ignition off.

Why does No 2 not work at all and can I somehow have either of them working with the the ignition turned fully off and the car locked.

I ask this mainly because I want to use an OTEK 5.0, which Otek`s website states can be powered from a cigarette lighter connection as long as the connection stays live when the ignition is turned off. This would resolve the problem I am having with not wanting a mains connection into the boot, from the house, whilst the car is locked overnight on the drive because of not having a garage.

Have been dissuaded by this Forum not to use the Solar Panel chargers which will connect via EOBD connector which works with ignition off and car locked.

Many thanks for your time and any possible answers or advice.

Best Wishes and Regards, John

1 hour ago, Aubrey said:

Hi 

I believe the one in dash is lighter

one in console between seats is Aux 12v socket.- might be a fuse that's why its not working.

Best Regards,

Julie

Julie

Many thanks.

The one in the dash is definitely a lighter, as it has the lighter in it. It only appears to work with ignition on. I am wondering if there is actually anyway it can be made to work without the ignition turned on.

Is the 12v in the console likely to work with out ignition on and can it, if it does, be used to power a OTEK 5.0 charger/conditioner. I will have to attempt to fine out where the fuse for this 12v console connection is located.

Many thanks and Regards, John

Have now found a fuse box layout diagram and it appears the console 12v is on the same fuse as the handbrake on illumination light and is 10 amp fuse.

My Handbrake illumination light (Red on the dashboard clocks) is working. I am therefore (rightly or wrongly) assuming that the fuse is in good condition. This does again pose the question why does this connection in the console not work. I have plugged a tyre inflator in there and it does not work, where as it does work in the cigarette light but only with ignition on.🤔😕

F26 10 2002-2008: Electric parkbrake switch illumination, AM/FM antenna amplifier, sunblind motor, accessory socket relay (cigar lighter and power point relay)

Hi John

found F32? as well check out video.

As far as I know - I am not an expert-

To use the cigarette lighter in any car even older cars you have had to turn the key to the accessory position for it to be able to work. They have never had constant power to them even when turned off because doing so causes unnecessary drain on the battery when accessories are not being used

Would only be on if hardwired to battery

If not fuse / relay  assume it would be wiring fault? or unit  itself?

Best Regards,

Julie.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Aubrey said:

Hi John

found F32? as well check out video.

As far as I know - I am not an expert-

To use the cigarette lighter in any car even older cars you have had to turn the key to the accessory position for it to be able to work. They have never had constant power to them even when turned off because doing so causes unnecessary drain on the battery when accessories are not being used

Would only be on if hardwired to battery

If not fuse / relay  assume it would be wiring fault? or unit  itself?

Best Regards,

Julie.

Julie

Many thanks. I will check that actual fuse tomorrow as it appears to be only feeding the console connection.

Regards, John

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Join The Club

Join the Jaguar Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

• Topics

• Our picks

• Simply Jaguar show at Beaulieu - Sunday 23rd June 2024
      Jaguar Owners Club have a stand at this year's Simply Jaguar event at the National Motor Museum at Beaulieu, Hampshire on Sunday 23rd June 2024

Tickets are available online here: https://www.beaulieu.co.uk/events/simply-jaguar/
      • 1 reply
    • JAGUAR’S LAST PETROL SPORTS CAR: F-TYPE ZP EDITION TAKES THE CHEQUERED FLAG
      Jaguar is commemorating the end of its internal combustion sports car lineage in 2024 with an exclusive limited-edition F-TYPE inspired by two iconic 1960s racing E-types

Just 150 examples of the F-TYPE ZP Edition will be the last internal combustion-engined sports cars designed by Jaguar. These 575PS supercharged petrol V8 F-TYPEs feature specially curated interior and exterior details by the personalisation experts at SV Bespoke.
    • UPDATE SHOW INFORMATION !

Please find attached your club label – please can this be distributed amongst your club members prior to the event. Please ensure that they print this label and display it in their windscreen upon entry to the event, this ensures that all members wishing to park within your club area are directed to the correct parking location by our stewards. Please do not modify or add logos to the club label.

We do ask that all individuals have purchased their tickets on an individual basis in advance via our website, to speed up the entry process on the day. This can be done on our website here until 2pm on the day when admission closes: https://www.beaulieu.co.uk/events/simply-jaguar.

Note that we do have two entrances available, one is exhibitors gate at the bottom of the hill as you come in to Beaulieu, with the other being the normal Simply event entrance within the attraction. Either entrance is fine to use and both are open from 9.00am, with the exhibitors entrance closing around 11am.

Jaguar Owners Club (1).pdf
    • Simply Jaguar - Beaulieu Motor Museum - 25th June 2023
      Jaguar Owners Club have a stand at this years Simply Jaguar event at the National Motor Museum at Beaulieu, Hampshire on Sunday 26th June 2023

Tickets are available online here: https://www.beaulieu.co.uk/events/simply-jaguar/

TICKETS & PRICES
      Participant prices are only valid if arriving in a Jaguar and taking part in the rally. They are not valid for those arriving on foot.

Participants can make the most of our EARLY BIRD discount by booking before 28th February 2023.

Children under 5 require a ticket, this can be booked online free of charge.

Participant and visitor tickets will include entrance to the rest of the Beaulieu attraction, including the National Motor Museum, Palace House, Little Beaulieu, World of Top Gear, Beaulieu Abbey and its grounds and gardens.

The best time for viewing the Simply rally is between 10am and 2pm.

Adult

Child

Participants – Early Bird*

£14.00

£7.50

Participants – Standard & On The Day

£16.00

£8.00

Visitors

Normal admission applies.

Normal admission applies

*Early bird tickets are available until 28th February 2023

VEHICLE ENTRY
      Entry with your Jaguar is from 9am – 2pm. Please make sure you have your ticket printed or available on your phone, ready to be scanned on arrival.

Please do not arrive early for our Simply rallies as no facilities will be open prior to 9:30am.

Cars cannot leave and re-enter the grounds for the Simply rallies.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

CLUB STAND ATTENDEE LIST

We do ask for a final update on numbers 2 weeks prior to the event following which we will send out club labels to you via email for you to then distribute out to club members. Club members then need to print and display these in their windscreen on arrival. This helps us then park you all in your club area together.

1. Trevor (admin)
      2.  Paj

• 5 replies
    • F-TYPE marks 75 years of Jaguar sports cars and its final model year update
      The Jaguar F-TYPE is the definitive Jaguar sports car from a rich bloodline spanning 75 years and including some of the most iconic models ever built

Forums

News

Membership