New member south coast

Chris McManus

Hi Chris....welcome to the Club

We have sometimes have the occasional meet in the New Forest area but that was before Covid.
Based in Bournemouth myself, can set up a New Forest meet for southern area members if you wish?

Good to have you onboard!
Trevor

• 3 weeks later...

Afternoon, I am Highcliffe, Christchurch based and have a 2007 XK X150 and an F Pace.  Cliffhanger Cafe on the Highcliffe sea front would be good, or for lunches the Beach House Hotel Milford on Sea would I am sure welcome a few growlers and their lunching owners.

I would be happy to come along and meet a few more local owners.

James

• Like 2

Sounds like a regular local meeting could be forming.

On 9/21/2021 at 5:40 PM, James G said:

Afternoon, I am Highcliffe, Christchurch based and have a 2007 XK X150 and an F Pace.  Cliffhanger Cafe on the Highcliffe sea front would be good, or for lunches the Beach House Hotel Milford on Sea would I am sure welcome a few growlers and their lunching owners.

I would be happy to come along and meet a few more local owners.

James

Hi, sorry, only just seen this post.

I'm in Poole and would be happy to meet up.....I have an XK8 convertible.

I'm also an ex Jag design/development engineer so have lots of stories about working for the company

Has anything been arranged yet?

Mark

• Like 1

Hi Mark, and welcome to the club.

Working for the company must be interesting  -  I wrote a book about the Company and the cars it made.  It was a very interesting period in my life.

It could be that you would write a better one than me!

Regards,

Peter.

6C9AFFF1-E94A-460C-8CE4-F7D62E338C3D_1_201_a.jpeg

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Aston said:

Hi, sorry, only just seen this post.

I'm in Poole and would be happy to meet up.....I have an XK8 convertible.

I'm also an ex Jag design/development engineer so have lots of stories about working for the company

Has anything been arranged yet?

Mark

Hi Mark

Lets see how many more we can get to start a local meeting or just go for it with a few of us and see if it increases over time?
Any suggestions of where and when you suit and go from there?

Regards,  Trevor

• Like 1

Moved this post to a new section in the forums especially for members who wish to meet up within the South Coast areas.

Feel free to make arrangements within the group for any local meetings you wish to set up or attend and we will help to promote these through the membership.

On 9/29/2021 at 1:07 PM, Old Peter said:

Hi Mark, and welcome to the club.

Working for the company must be interesting  -  I wrote a book about the Company and the cars it made.  It was a very interesting period in my life.

It could be that you would write a better one than me!

Regards,

Peter.

6C9AFFF1-E94A-460C-8CE4-F7D62E338C3D_1_201_a.jpeg

Hi Peter,

That sounds like an interesting read. I was there from 1985 to 2017 and worked for Chassis engineering.

It was a fantastic company to work for; my dad also worked there and my sister still does.

Mark

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Jaguar Owners Club said:

Moved this post to a new section in the forums especially for members who wish to meet up within the South Coast areas.

Feel free to make arrangements within the group for any local meetings you wish to set up or attend and we will help to promote these through the membership.

Seems like we're all Poole, Bournemouth, New Forest region so I guess a central location would be good although a spin out to the NF would also be nice. I'm not originally from this area so don't really know where we could all meet in Public without it being a well used car park? I guess we could pick a pub and ask the landlord if they don't mind us meeting occasionally although we're into the dark nights now and it would be nice to see the cars. Alternatively, I don't work Friday's so a Friday afternoon would be good although I appreciate that this might not suit everyone.

Mark

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Aston said:

Seems like we're all Poole, Bournemouth, New Forest region so I guess a central location would be good although a spin out to the NF would also be nice. I'm not originally from this area so don't really know where we could all meet in Public without it being a well used car park? I guess we could pick a pub and ask the landlord if they don't mind us meeting occasionally although we're into the dark nights now and it would be nice to see the cars. Alternatively, I don't work Friday's so a Friday afternoon would be good although I appreciate that this might not suit everyone.

Mark

Sounds like a plan is hatching Mark, as long as it involves a beer at some point in the proceedings 🙂

I think as you say the New Forest is an ideal place as got plenty of good roads to drive through there and also there aren't any roadworks which seem to currently be plaguing the BCP road network.

I am in Ringwood area so anywhere in the New Forest area is good for me.....anyone else have any preferences, good pubs, etc?

21 hours ago, Lert101 said:

Hi all, I am slightly further West (Pagham), but the New Forest sounds great.  I drive a 2013 XF and love it 🙂

Another one for the gathering.....we're getting there now!
That would be a good trip for you Simon as some great driving roads en-route to the Forest

• 2 weeks later...

I've got a 2007 S type Sport (bottled out of the supercharged S type V8 R) and often in the New Forest; happy to tag along 

My mate across the road has a 1963 E type (was used in an Italian bat man film !) 

• Like 1

Hi

I just joined because I'm planning on becoming a Jaguar owner again, after a seven year gap.

I live in Ferndown but the car I'm looking to buy is a Mk V which will be roughly the same age as me !

It's always good to talk to fellow petrolheads so, if you have a plan for a meeting, I would be pleased to come along.

Chris Sheldrake

• Like 1

On 10/14/2021 at 8:09 PM, Pete H said:

I've got a 2007 S type Sport (bottled out of the supercharged S type V8 R) and often in the New Forest; happy to tag along 

My mate across the road has a 1963 E type (was used in an Italian bat man film !) 

You're more than welcome (and your neighbour as well) .... we are soon approaching making a decision on when to meet as there seems to be a fair few on here now.....Anyone got a preference on date and place?

18 hours ago, ChrisS said:

Hi

I just joined because I'm planning on becoming a Jaguar owner again, after a seven year gap.

I live in Ferndown but the car I'm looking to buy is a Mk V which will be roughly the same age as me !

It's always good to talk to fellow petrolheads so, if you have a plan for a meeting, I would be pleased to come along.

Chris Sheldrake

Hi Chris...you are more than welcome to attend, just need a time and place to meet up now

• 6 months later...
On 10/14/2021 at 8:09 PM, Pete H said:

On 10/17/2021 at 7:45 PM, ChrisS said:

Hi

Chris Sheldrake