Engine Oil change

RetroJag7

Hi Iain,

This may help.

Jaguar S-TYPE (EU) ENGINE Oil CAPACITY

1. Engine Code: A series of letters and numbers. This includes the engine block model and engine family, but may include others.
  2. Capacity/Filter capacity: litres(liters). Engine Oil fill quantity in case of Oil change.
  3. oil Change Intervals: Engine oil should be changed at the latest after this time or after miles/km, whichever comes first.

The oil filter must be replaced every time the oil is changed, unless the car's owner's manual recommends otherwise.

Jaguar S-Type (EU) Jaguar S-TYPE (EU)
1 2 3
S-Type 2.5 V6 (2002 – 2005) AJ-V6 2.5 6.9 / 0.4 16 000 km/ 12 months
S-Type 3.0 V6 (1998 – 2001) AJ-V6 6.4 16 000 km/ 12 months
S-Type 3.0 V6 (2002 – 2006) AJ-V6 6.9 / 0.4 16 000 km/ 12 months
S-Type 3.0 V6 (2006 – 2007) AJ-V6 6.9 / 0.4 16 000 km/ 12 months
S-Type 4.0 V8 (1998 – 2001) AJ-V8 6.5 16 000 km/ 12 months
S-Type 4.2 V8 (2002 – 2006) AJ-V8 4.2 6.3 / 0.3 16 000 km/ 12 months
S-Type 4.2 V8 (2006 – 2007) AJ-V8 4.2 6.3 / 0.3 16 000 km/ 12 months
S-Type R (2002 – 2006) AJ-V8 4.2 R 6.3 / 0.3 16 0
  • Thanks 1

hi

use a good quality 5w30 Oil that meets Jaguar spec, 7 litres as above.

I use Castrol edge pro 5w30 in mine and for a 18 year ols car engine is still like new, never uses a drop

if you want more s-type info manual and maintenance info look here http://www.jagrepair.com/

cheers

Joe

• Thanks 1

On 9/18/2022 at 1:29 PM, RetroJag7 said:

How many litres of engine oil, does a S Type  2005 2.5L V6 require please?

My 17 years old S-Type has an annual Oil change with Castrol Edge. I t does about 5000 mile per year and never uses a drop of Oil between the annual service.

Best Wishes and Regards, John

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JOE-DOT-COM said:

hi

use a good quality 5w30 oil that meets jaguar spec, 7 litres as above.

I use castrol edge pro 5w30 in mine and for a 18 year ols car engine is still like new, never uses a drop

if you want more s-type info manual and maintenance info look here http://www.jagrepair.com/

cheers

Joe

Joe As I'm new to the forum,  Ive taken a look at the information @ jagrepair.com It's looks very useful information but noticed its based in America. Am I to assume that the info is based on US spec S types? Is that spec different to the UK spec S types?

thanks

• Thanks 1

My 2,7D is not in the List (EU), manual says 6,5L. I used Castrol Magnatec 5/30 up until the last change. This Time there was a special offer 0n Castrol edge 5/30 ( And it was recommended forthe 2.7D) so I used that. I have noticed it takes just a tick longer for the Oil light to go out. With 6 litres cold the dipstick is about 5/8. I have tried before with 6.5 and the level is at the top of the dipstick (over the top when hot) so 6L is OK.  New filter everytime.  Non DPF car, level is constant between changes every 10K Km

14 hours ago, Brightspark said:

Joe As I'm new to the forum,  Ive taken a look at the information @ jagrepair.com It's looks very useful information but noticed its based in America. Am I to assume that the info is based on US spec S types? Is that spec different to the UK spec S types?

thanks

hI,

All the manuals cver all spec cars, they mostly for uk cars, as its a british car, on the wiring it will state what country if theres a difference, but the cars are all the same spec

cheers

Joe

4 hours ago, mrmike said:

My 2,7D is not in the List (EU), Manual says 6,5L. I used Castrol Magnatec 5/30 up until the last change. This Time there was a special offer 0n Castrol edge 5/30 ( And it was recommended forthe 2.7D) so I used that. I have noticed it takes just a tick longer for the oil light to go out. With 6 litres cold the dipstick is about 5/8. I have tried before with 6.5 and the level is at the top of the dipstick (over the top when hot) so 6L is OK.  New filter everytime.  Non DPF car, level is constant between changes every 10K Km

hi

if you check jag repair it covers all cars including the diesel its all there http://www.jagrepair.com/

specs are at http://www.jagrepair.com/images/AutoRepairPhotos/VSB_2007_2004.pdf

cheers

Joe

ScreenShot575.thumb.jpg.28617552fadf516c403094affe31132a.jpg

It was only because It was not in the list as first presented. And I stand by my 6.5 litres taking the level on the dipstick to the top of the top ball when hot. I had also read that the correct level was 6.6L. The first time I put in 6.6 litres, (Car had been well drained from underneath first). The level on the dipstick was at the top ball, after going for a run and measuring it was over the top of the ball. After having read about the runaway diesels I was aghast. (They were DPFs which I had not realised) I removed half a litre Phew all OK. (The non DPF cars were only produced for about 6 months I believe, so maybe there was a small difference somewhere in the engine construction) I had a BMW X3 2.0D and used to keep an eye on the Oil level which rose quite a lot over 10K Kms, I used to remove some when it got high. Back to the Jag, Since that first time I have put in 6L every time, In 40K Kms and 5 changes I have not had to add or remove any Oil between the regular changes. I think the Castrol Magnatech is better in my engine, just seems quieter, Probably just me! Old !Removed! with dodgy ears that pick up on any slightest spurious sounds, My wife says I'm mad, she can't hear anything and to stop worrying.