HELP. ITVx

Wrinkly

Can someone please advise.

MyTV has ITV Hub, but does not list ITVx.

I understand this can be viewed by buying an Amazon TV Firestick. Have been given two differing pieces of advice:

1/ That the Amazon tv firestick has to be used in conjunction with an Alexa

2/ That an Alexa is not necessary to be able to receive ITVx.

Is their someone who can definitely confirm this status either one way or the other.

Many Thanks and Regards, John

16 hours ago, Aubrey said:

Hi John,

I do not have ITV x 

But reading the info on ITV site no necessity for Alexa mentioned at all.

Goodbye ITV Hub. Hello ITVX!

Minimum technical requirements (itv.com)

Hope it helps.

Best Regards,

Julie.

Julie

Thank you. I do not have ITVX either. According to the site you referred me to one has to pay a subscription for ITVX (it is the opening paragraph of the article). The subscription is £6 per month.

I am being told that with the Amazon tv firestick (which plugs into a TV) you can get ITVX free. BUT I am also being told that it can only be receive ITVX for free if it is accessed via Alexa.

Alexa can be purchased for around £20 where as twelve months subscription to ITV X would cost around £72.

Regards, John

I use an Amazon Firestick for my TV viewing John and Alexa is built in to it. However my TV is a "smart TV" (also has Alexa built-in!) and had ITVHub installed when i got it - i haven't checked to see if it has "self-updated" as the Firestick did, the only thing i have had to do was sign in (using the same sign-in credentials as ITVHub) to ITVx when it appeared.

If your TV is set to update all apps automatically, it should download ITVx automatically, alternatively you can add it as a new app on the TV. Like Julie said above "Goodbye ITV Hub. Hello ITVX!" - it really was that simple.

Hopefully yours will do its thing and your problem will be solved soon!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Wrinkly said:

I am being told that with the Amazon tv firestick (which plugs into a TV) you can get ITVX free. BUT I am also being told that it can only be receive ITVX for free if it is accessed via Alexa.

I'm not aware of a subscription for ITVx John, maybe for some "premium" channels on it? Alexa is built-in to most Firesticks these days but for the most part, i just use the remote rather than voice control, mainly because i hate talking to machines.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, LairdScooby said:

I use an Amazon Firestick for my TV viewing John and Alexa is built in to it. However my TV is a "smart TV" (also has Alexa built-in!) and had ITVHub installed when i got it - i haven't checked to see if it has "self-updated" as the Firestick did, the only thing i have had to do was sign in (using the same sign-in credentials as ITVHub) to ITVx when it appeared.

If your TV is set to update all apps automatically, it should download ITVx automatically, alternatively you can add it as a new app on the TV. Like Julie said above "Goodbye ITV Hub. Hello ITVX!" - it really was that simple.

Hopefully yours will do its thing and your problem will be solved soon!

I do not have a Smart TV.

Currently can use ITV Hub, but not ITVX.

Is ITVX still going to work on an Amazon tv Firestick, without paying subscriptions or buying Alexa.

Cheers and Regards, John

20 minutes ago, Wrinkly said:

I do not have a Smart TV.

Currently can use ITV Hub, but not ITVX.

Is ITVX still going to work on an Amazon tv Firestick, without paying subscriptions or buying Alexa.

Cheers and Regards, John

Alexa is built-in to the Amazon Firestick, no need for a separate purchase. I was watching ITVx earlier on the Firestick. as long as your TV has an HDMI socket (and isn't a Samsung) all the latest generation Firesticks should work and give you ITVx without any problems.

Samsung have their own version of CEC (where the remote of an HDMI device can also operate the TV nd vice versa) but it seems only Samsung branded or approved HDMI devices will work with the CEC so i nearly sent my second Firestick back as it wouldn't work on my 42" Plasma Samsung TV. However, i also have a Sony (worked fine and that has a Firestick on it too) and a Toshiba (the smart TV with it all built-in but i prefer to use the Firestick as i find it easier than the TV version) - this is the latest Firestick i can find on Amazon and they're doing a deal on price :

https://smile.amazon.co.uk/fire-tv-stick-with-alexa-voice-remote/dp/B08C1RR8JM

Very easy to set up as long as you hve an Amazon account, make sure you use the HDMI extender lead though!  A friend couldn't get hers to work when she changed TV, her son had installed it on her previous TV and "lost" the extender lead. There was a screw on the TV case that prevvented the Firestick going all the way into the HDMI socket  but using the lead meant it would connect. Also reduces interference from the TV on the stick.

Nearly forgot, here's some info on CEC :

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Consumer_Electronics_Control

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, LairdScooby said:

Alexa is built-in to the Amazon Firestick, no need for a separate purchase. I was watching ITVx earlier on the Firestick. as long as your TV has an HDMI socket (and isn't a Samsung) all the latest generation Firesticks should work and give you ITVx without any problems.

Samsung have their own version of CEC (where the remote of an HDMI device can also operate the TV nd vice versa) but it seems only Samsung branded or approved HDMI devices will work with the CEC so i nearly sent my second Firestick back as it wouldn't work on my 42" Plasma Samsung TV. However, i also have a Sony (worked fine and that has a Firestick on it too) and a Toshiba (the smart TV with it all built-in but i prefer to use the Firestick as i find it easier than the TV version) - this is the latest Firestick i can find on Amazon and they're doing a deal on price :

https://smile.amazon.co.uk/fire-tv-stick-with-alexa-voice-remote/dp/B08C1RR8JM

Very easy to set up as long as you hve an Amazon account, make sure you use the HDMI extender lead though!  A friend couldn't get hers to work when she changed TV, her son had installed it on her previous TV and "lost" the extender lead. There was a screw on the TV case that prevvented the Firestick going all the way into the HDMI socket  but using the lead meant it would connect. Also reduces interference from the TV on the stick.

Nearly forgot, here's some info on CEC :

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Consumer_Electronics_Control

Dave

Many thanks for the information.

Regards, John

• Like 1